• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Clear

Oct 25, 2017
Connecticut
Nope, I have no idea where my high school or college diploma are and I don't care. I was just doing my time so I could get into the real world and work my way to where i am.

TickleMeElbow

Oct 31, 2017
HS, yeah.

Freshman and Sophomore years I was basically failing all my classes. Junior and Senior years I was able to somewhat turn it around and graduate with a 2.7 or some shit lol.

Turbowolf

Nov 2, 2018
Yes to high school and university. I think the amount of time invested (four years each) accounts for my feelings. I didn't feel nearly the same elation when I completed my two-year college program in IT. I didn't even attend my convocation.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
I have always put a lot of efforts and importance in my academic achievements. I think that it is mostly due that I have always liked not only learning, but also going further, trying to understand more than what I had learnt. I also tried the most not to be economically a burden for my parents. I was able to do the Bachelor's without paying taxes thanks to a sort of "scholarship". Then in my Master's (which I will conclude next week with the discussion of my thesis) there were some taxes, but fortunately they were quite reduced around for both income and merit (something which most universities should do). Even though these last taxes were paid by my parents at the end, anyway I had the money ready by means of some part-time assistance in the universitary laboratory and private lessons. Besides, I consider this overall background quite important and I hope it will be for the future.

Karateka

Oct 28, 2017
I feel like I could have spent 90% of my time staring at the wall and still graduated high school with a good grade.

University was a bit better at least I learned some interesting stuff there. Still dont consider it that big an achievement, maybe if I get a Masters one day.

Getting a good job was probably my biggest achievement because it took me 2 years of applying while working a crappy minimum wage job even after graduating university at the top of my class.