• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What kind of milk with your cereal?

• Hot Milk

Votes: 29 5.0%
  • Cold Milk

Votes: 554 95.0%

• Total voters

Zeroneo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I was having a friend over today and was making them a bowl of cereal with hot milk when they told me how weird it was that I didn't use cold milk. My family has always eaten cereal with hot milk but my friend is convinced that most people eat it with cold milk.

So Era, how do you eat your cereal?

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Of course cold wtf that's weird man, oatmeal is made with hot are you talking about that type of "cereal" or like Frosted Flakes?

which cereal was it

psilocybe

Oct 27, 2017
I don't usually eat cereals, but hot milk?
never thought about that. I will sure try it once.

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
It was Bran Flakes. I'm starting to think that I'm the weird one? Dunno, I've always used hot lol

Have you EVER seen ANYONE on ANY commercial or in ANY tv show or ANY movie eat their morning cereal with hot milk?

Like, you do you, but i can't see how you would've been able to make it this far without this kind of 'epiphany' of your family eating their cereal in an 'untraditional' fashion.

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
OP:

tenor.gif

Rouk'

Jan 10, 2018
Most of the time I use cold milk, but hot is good too. It depends on what kind of cereal though, whereas cold is good with everything

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
i did hot milk my whole life until college, where i was roasted beyond belief for it and then never again

Boiled Goose

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I don't understand how you can not know you're the outlier here.

There's movies, tv shows, books, etc of people eating cereal.

It's never with heated milk

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
Believe it or not hot milk with cereal is pretty common in most countries in Europe. Still i think most prefer Cold but mainly because of convenience.
but warm / hot milk makes the cereal go soggy faster.
Sure, with oat meal and muesli that's a desired effect, but with crunchy Kellogg's style ceral - you're ruining the entire thing?!

OP
OP
Zeroneo

Zeroneo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I'm starting to see that I'm in the wrong here. I'll try it with cold milk later.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Cold milk.

I stayed over at someone's place when I was a kid and they served cereal with hot milk for breakfast. I struggled through it, trying my hardest not to visibly gag.

Tuppen

Nov 28, 2017
Never heard of anyone eating cereal with hot milk. Then again in Sweden it would be most common to eat cereal with filmjölk (sour milk), and no one would heat that.

PC90

Enlightened
Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Believe it or not hot milk with cereal is pretty common in most countries in Europe. Still i think most prefer Cold but mainly because of convenience.
I believe you, but I'm european and I have never ever heard of this before

I don't like hot milk in general so that's an easy decision for me

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is this one of those threads where the OP posts something really fucking stupid so that someone can respond with "Why can't you people be normal"?

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Some egregious US-centric views in this thread. Cereals with hot milk is pretty common in some regions of the world.

dark_prinny

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Cereal is shit food. Hot milked cereal is a crime against humanity.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That's like asking if you make sandwiches with the bread on the inside and the meat on the outside. I'd bet that less than 1% of people eat cereal with hot milk.