• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What kind of milk with your cereal?

• Hot Milk

Votes: 29 5.0%
  • Cold Milk

Votes: 554 95.0%

• Total voters

Griever

Oct 27, 2017
Normally, cold from the fridge unless it's cold outside, then I to warm it up in the microwave.

Brock

Oct 28, 2017
Pewter City Gym
It depends on the cereal and mood that I'm in. I would usually use cold milk but I sometimes use warm milk if it's in the evening or before bed.

Oct 28, 2017
Hot milk?

thumbsgjt7.jpg

HMD

Oct 26, 2017
I actually did use to eat it with hot milk, it made it super soggy really fast. Not a fan.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Even with oatmeal, I pour the milk in cold and then heat it up. Warm milk sounds weird with breakfast cereal.

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017
every day we stray farther from God.

cause WTF I've never heard of eating cereal with hot milk.

giphy-downsized.gif

sfedai0

Oct 27, 2017
I was forever put off by hot milk as a kid by my grandma. She would insist on giving me hot milk and it would have that disgusting phlem on the top and the taste was just different from cold milk. Never again will I have milk hot.

JCHandsom

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
Like there are aisles named after "hot" cereal (oatmeal, cream of wheat, etc) and "cold" cereal, what the hell else do you think is hot and cold in those names but the liquid?

JangleLuke

Oct 4, 2018
I thought either way was normal (I microwave my milk with cereal 99% of the time)

Y'all are overreacting.

Herne

Dec 10, 2017
Depends on the cereal. Porridge of course is eaten with hot milk. And even Corn Flakes are quite good with it.

Everything else? Cold milk.

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
It's an amazing phenomenon how people with an opinion in the minority are stunned when they find out how they're vastly outnumbered.

metalgear89

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I warm it up a bit. But if I had to choose between hot or cold definitely cold. Hot milk with cereal completely takes the taste out of the cereal and sometimes makes it taste nasty.

Kangi

Profile Styler
Oct 25, 2017
I thought you were like... talking about oatmeal. But no. Bran Flakes. With hot milk. If my friend was making me Bran Flakes (I mean why? But sure) and I caught them like microwaving the milk I think I'd just leave? I'd assume they had sinister plans

Which countries are these supposed to be? Never heard of such a thing.

It's ResetEra. "Europe" is an anomalous, inscrutable, undefinable conglomerate of places (if not a single large monolith) filled with vague people who totally eat fake sandwiches are incapable of racism do whatever weird thing I do warm their cereal milk.

Kangi

Profile Styler
Oct 25, 2017
Milk? Comes cold? In the jug? Why are you heating it up? Just to make your cereal taste worse? This isn't hot chocolate. You're doing something wrong.

Like what is cereal. It's what you eat when you can't put in the effort for a more proper breakfast but don't want to just run out the door with a poptart or something. Like I can't imagine... "Oh I guess I'll grab some cereal... time to put the stove on!" Like no? If I'm going through that effort why am I not cooking eggs? Cereal... you just put the milk in the bowl and eat it. The milk is cold by default. Why would I make that longer or more complicated. it's against the point of cereal. The spirit of it. Its soul.

No. No. I've sat through way too much buffoonery, rolling my eyes on the sidelines, to let this thread break me. You... I don't know what you are. What any of you are. But not a one of you is gonna tell me putting hot milk in Bran Flakes is a thing™. It isn't.

Screw you. Screw your weekend threads. If you're making me Bran Flakes you're not my friend. If you're putting hot milk in it I know you're a cereal killer. Serial killer. Whatever. Screw you. I won't die to you.

Deleted member 44129

User requested account closure
Banned
May 29, 2018
Why are there so many aliens in this forum? "How many of you microwave your comb before using it?", "Do you prefer to wipe your ass with white or brown bread?", "Do you prefer your spaghetti with orange juice or ground up mouse bones?"

Unaha-Closp

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Ice Cold Milk or nothing. Eat it before the milk even thinks about warming up ambiently. If I was to heat up the milk I would rather just skip it and have soup. Gazpacho and any other ones you have cold notwithstanding.

Deleted member 19533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cold for typical boxed cereal.

I use hot milk with oatmeal and have been told I'm weird for doing that and not water. Milk makes it taste so much better.

I've never considered trying hot with regular cereal, but I'll give it a whirl. Could be good.