• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

FriendlyNPC

Oct 27, 2017
I just assume everyone in this thread answering with yes is trying to gaslight me into believing this is actually a thing.

BAN PUNCHER

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I eat my Twix with the wrapper still on and insert the entire unopened box of suppositories up my human butt.

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
If boiled yes but otherwise no.
I had no idea boiled peanuts was a thing until last year when there was a thread about it at the former place. I live outside Chicago, so boiled peanuts isn't a thing up here. Thankfully, my brother lives in Georgia, so when I went down to visit him I demanded we get boiled peanuts.

Wowzers, they're good!

Having said that, we still didn't eat the shells. Boiled or roasted, eating the shells is not a thing I thought anyone did.

Spoopy

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles/Belfast
giphy.gif

Reflex

Oct 27, 2017
Earth
dont eat the shells, they probably spray the peanuts with pesticides and while they probably rinse the peanuts its probably only going to get the dirt off them.

MBeanie

Oct 27, 2017
The best way to eat any shelled nut/seed is to soak it for a while and then roast it, that way the shells are easier to eat.

(i.e. like the shells of pumpkin seeds & butternut squash seed...ect)

Edit; The Bannana peel & Lemon peel thing just threw me waaaaay off, wtf is that about? O_o

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
The banana skin thing is weird, peanut shells sound nice compared to that, but to be honest I haven't tried either.

Valkyr

Oct 26, 2017
You eat peanut shells, lemon rinds, and banana peels? WTF man? These things are not good for you and have no nutritional value. Do not eat them.

Crackhead_Bob

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Does anyone eat burnt popcorn kernals? They're actually quite good, believe it or not, but maybe I'm the only one who feels this way.

Oct 26, 2017
Absolutely eat the shells from time to time (especially if they're salted), generally less than not eating them, though.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, this is "not wise" territory.
I do not think we can digest shells, so you are just doing yourself disservice.

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
If I really had to I would if I had nothing else to eat and I was starving. But eating the shells is bad for your digestion since your body cannot process them properly.

Carfo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
not peanut shells, no, but sometimes I eat sunflower seed shells. I generally try not to because they can stab the inside of your mouth pretty good if you aren't careful

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Whoever posted that thread early today that this place was boring, I blame this thread on you.

NO you don't eat the peanut shells. I've never heard of anyone eating one in my. This is insanity. I can't even comprehend trying to eat one.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
A better idea is to use them as compost. I know people that don't waste their peels by tossing them, but using them as fertilizer. They are biodegradable. Animals don't even eat the shells. Birds store them in their throats to either burry them for later, or take them to a safe place to eat. They then peck out the nuts/seeds from their shells. I owned a budgie and it wouldn't eat the thin shells. Rodents don't either.

Mitch

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've been eating peanut shells for years. Typically 3 out of every 5 peanut. So good.

PreeminentDB

Oct 25, 2017
I had a teacher when I was in 4th grade who ate the shells. Mrs. Stalteri. She was a young teacher, and was so cool and important to me. I wanted to enjoy the whole peanut, assuming she knew something that I didn't, but it didn't take.
Anyway, she moved away the next year, to Pennsylvania. I assume that she still eats the shells.