• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017
Sunflower seeds, yeah. Peanut shells? No, and I had no idea that was a thing until now, and it's not enough to get me to try either.

I've used lemon rind in a grated form, but never the whole thing. I can't even imagine the time my stomach would have with that or banana peels. Yeesh.

RPGam3r

Oct 27, 2017
This came up at work and quite a few people eat shells. Out of curiosity I've tried them and they're not bad, I would say they make the peanut taste better but I don't know how many you could eat due to all that salt.

XeroxKopy

Oct 27, 2017
Jesus Christ, no. I mean, I've even wasted perfectly good peanuts 'cause I couldn't open the shell.

Deleted member 11157

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Restaurant and bar near my house gives free peanuts and they expect you to toss the shells on the floor. Don't eat floor trash.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
at least the person who eats the shells is better than the person who gets their fucking shells all over the place

Slappy White

Oct 27, 2017
Eating too many peanut shells could lead to an intestinal blockage. If you want fiber stick to psyllium husk.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Ok, so now I'm curious, do people eat:

edamame shells
watermelon shells
shrimp/crawfish/lobster shells
eggshells?

I will say as a kid White Rabbit and Tomoe Ame candies confused me a bit because you could eat the paper around them.

Brashnir

Oct 25, 2017
Sometimes when I go to McDonald's, I like to eat the bag, cup, and fry sleeve too. I'm so un-wasteful.

Deleted member 14002

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
FpzN6pE.gif

Sunhi the god delivers

Wiped

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
WTF. No dude. That would be like eating a banana without peeling it. You dont eat the shells!

BennyWhatever

Oct 27, 2017
US

edamame shells
watermelon shells
eggshells?

I will say as a kid White Rabbit and Tomoe Ame candies confused me a bit because you could eat the paper around them.
Wait, when did it get weird to eat edamame shells? It's basically just a green bean.

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
I don't get why people are more shocked about eating lemon, orange or banana skins. The first two get used in cooking and I've seen monkeys eat banana peels. It's gross but seems doable if you want.

Peanuts on the other hand. The shell is dry, hard and stringy. There's nothing about it that says "hey I'm tasty, eat me"

louiedog

Oct 25, 2017
I don't get why people are more shocked about eating lemon, orange or banana skins. The first two get used in cooking and I've seen monkeys eat banana peels. It's gross but seems doable if you want.

The first two are very bitter. There's a reason people mostly use just the zest. I don't think I've seen the white part of the peel used unless that bitterness is intended and it's being soaked in something, boiled with other ingredients, marinated with, etc. That's different than raw.

edit: And even then it's usually discarded after preparation if whole or chopped finely. I've never seen big chunks of it served like if you were biting into an orange.

BowieZ

Nov 7, 2017
The closest I get to doing this type of shit is I often eat strawberries without removing the little stalk/leaves.

Peanut shells, though? Why.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
No. I have digestive problems so eating things that cannot be digested isn't for me. Which sucks, because I love high fiber foods like broccoli and spinach and Korean vegetable-based plates in general.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017

edamame shells
watermelon shells
eggshells?

Shrimp is fine if its fried but I only eat the part without the tail end. White rabbit candy you just ate it cause it was so hard to take the flim off in the first place.