• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
I don't get why people are more shocked about eating lemon, orange or banana skins. The first two get used in cooking and I've seen monkeys eat banana peels. It's gross but seems doable if you want.

Peanuts on the other hand. The shell is dry, hard and stringy. There's nothing about it that says "hey I'm tasty, eat me"
Well if monkeys eat something it must be ok

Spenny

Oct 25, 2017
San Diego-ish
I used to as a kid but my dad would always encourage me not to. They taste fucking awesome and add good texture. Haven't had shelled peanuts in a minute but now I want to buy some.

Oct 27, 2017
I admit that I had never seen this kind of peanut before coming to the states, so I always ate them with the shell and it was fine.

However ... do you actually eat a banana without peeling it? What kind of budget are you even on, this doesn't sound viable.

ShinJohnpv

Oct 25, 2017
lol wtf eating the shell is entirely safe. they salt it for a reason.

The reason the shells are salted is because of the process to salt peanuts, where they're soaked in a brine. Through the process salt is drawn into the shell and onto the peanut. They don't salt the shells for you to eat them.

*edit* just saw this was already explained sorry.

Ignis

Oct 27, 2017
Is it just me or has the number of wtf topics risen in like the last 48 hours since that guy posted a topic about ERA being boring

@OP:
fb0.jpg

Grim

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
London, UK.
Who the fuck eats banana peels? That's just beyond weird. Worse than peanut shells.

I mean, nature made those things to be peeled/deshelled. What the hell people..

davepoobond

Oct 25, 2017
www.squackle.com
I've never heard of eating the peanut shell.

Isn't eating the peanut satisfying enough??

Sometimes I ate the sunflower seed shell because I was lazy but apparently that's bad.

Westbahnhof

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austria
I bit into an unshelled peanut for fun, and chewed around on it. You know. Being a kid, joking around.
It's awful. I imagine eating mulch is similar.

Don't do it. Throwing them away is not a waste. You get enough salt without eating the shells. Please stop.

Deleted member 13131

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I munch the whole thing. Always have, ever since I was a kid. Great flavor, and when eaten with the peanuts, the texture is fine. The shells alone are too gritty, though.

It does elicit some amusing reactions, though.

Westbahnhof

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austria
So many people agreeing with OP... wow.
I eat kiwi with skin, and I thought that was quirky.
To me, eating the peanut shell is akin to eating apple stems, or cherry pits, or chicken bones when you had normal fried chicken.

Deleted member 9986

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tight budget but posts Swedish packaging? No way your budget is so tight that you have to eat peanut shells.

Christine

Oct 25, 2017
Gone
I tried the fried ones once where you're supposed to eat them whole and I didn't like it. I can't imagine chomping down on a roasted peanut like that, but when I was a kid I did used to suck on the empty shells for the salt and flavor. I've never tried them boiled, that just seems depressing and wrong.