• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

scottbeowulf

Oct 27, 2017
United States
No never. I rarely have any kind of emotional connection to game characters or creatures. And when I do they are usually some main character, not someone you would kill. Murdering animals in Far Cry is 100% fun.

Sailent

Mar 2, 2018
Aren't you just capturing them? In the case of Wolfenstein II, I couldn't feel better by killing enemies. But yeah I know what you mean, running over the classical pedestrian in GTA it's always a big "woops" for me.

SnakeXs

Oct 28, 2017
I felt bad after kneecapping a stubborn guard I was holding up in the MGS2 demo. Legit had a period of time of remorse watching the reaction, his demeanor change, his injured limb shaking.

TheTurboFD

Banned
Nov 24, 2017
Most of Ubisoft's recent output is pretty uncomfortable fare, whether it's extralegal military forces continuing the war on drugs by murdering thousands of dudes in Bolivia or the fascist militia of The Division killing the poor for trying to survive.

This is a weird take IMO. You're talking about the Cartels who kill plenty of people a year correct ? Also, in the Division, you're talking about the factions who are seen murdering the defenseless right?

Archduke Kong

Feb 2, 2019
I just started up Skyrim for the first time and my character is an Imperial who ends up being a warrior despite his express anxiety about killing people.

You have no idea how rough it is to not have the ability to talk your way out of being killed by bandits when you're exploring.

Deleted member 32374

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
In early highschool, like 04, I went on a Morrowind killing spree one boring afternoon. I got through a few cities, killing everyone, until I felt a bit bad. So many helpless NPCs made sad dying sounds. :(

trugs26

Jan 6, 2018
Pikmin. Hearing their little voices as their souls leave their bodies.

Edit: oh enemies. Hmm...

BakedTanooki

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I could probably kill anything in a game without feeling bad. Some stuff would make me feel weird or uncomfortable in some way, but I couldn't imagine feeling bad for killing something in a game.

sn00zer

Feb 28, 2018
I think things have changed this gen now that photogrammetry and realistic animation has become so ubiquitous. Its becoming harder for devs to justify the extreme acts of violence players are asked to commit on realistic looking humans. Perfect example it the recent Watch Dogs 3 gameplay the bad guys *checks notes* make fentanyl marijuana and are involved in human trafficking. They are having a hard time making the bad guys look worse than your act of murdering them and I dont think its working.

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
This was affected by an enhanced experience I had. I came to understand that Athena was real, alive, and perhaps moreso than myself. Because more people love Athena than love me.

Last edited:

Kientin

Oct 27, 2017
I feel bad about killing innocents like in CRPGs. Animals more for some reason. If a cat gets caught in a fireball I'm probably reloading.

Syril

Oct 26, 2017
Whenever there's an actual pacifism or non-lethal feature. I mean, I have a Deltarune avatar.

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
m3negativeman-noscale.jpg

(Mother 3)

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Does it bleed? Then it must die.
Is it attacking me? It's gotta die.
Is it Human? Eh, may as well kill it.
An animal? Hey, I can probably use it's pelt for something. Shooty, stab, bang, dead!
Is there a benefit to killing it? Yup, it's gonna die.
Is it bigger than me? Kill it.
Is it smaller than me? Fuck it, murder it too.

And I won't regret it one bit. No sympathy.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
Does it bleed? Then it must die.
Is it attacking me? It's gotta die.
Is it Human? Eh, may as well kill it.
An animal? Hey, I can probably use it's pelt for something. Shooty, stab, bang, dead!
Is there a benefit to killing it? Yup, it's gonna die.
Is it bigger than me? Kill it.
Is it smaller than me? Fuck it, murder it too.

And I won't regret it one bit. No sympathy.
is this one of those cringe gamer t-shirts

560.jpg

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
On the topic of this thread, when seeing how graphic TLOU2 gets, I wonder if that game will be a constant feeling of unsettlement.

Oct 27, 2017
I hate having to hunt down animals for crafting resources in most open world games.

More specifically, I am incredibly tired of games resorting to using wolves as fodder all the damn time. AC: Odyssey, for example, has packs of wolves attack you like every ten feet in some places. Wolves are not evil monsters, they only typically attack humans if they feel threatened or are starving. In Odyssey there are seriously approximately 5 or more deer or goats when looking in any one direction. Sometimes they are like right next to the wolves that for some reason want to eat Kassandra. Why?

Aug 27, 2018
The only time I remember really feeling anything about the enemies in a game was the end of Last of Us, fuck those doctors. I killed them with malice.

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018
Last of Us, Days Gone, and RDR2 are the only times I've actually felt something when killing people

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
PaleBlackHammerheadbird-size_restricted.gif

Shadow of the Colossus. They were just minding their own business and you attack them, just felt weird.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
Most enemies tend to have a quick, often unrealistic reaction to death.

If your average enemy screamed proper loudly and cried and begged you not to kill them we'd all probably feel a bit guilty. Instead we just get a "Blegh!" And that's it.

Deleted member 30544

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Sometimes, the one I remember the most is starting to feel bad for killing the colossus in SotC , then I learned that that was the whole point and made it a great unforgettable experience.

Space Lion

Banned
May 24, 2019
In GTAIV I remember the first pedestrian I killed. It was a man on some stairs. I shot him and he screamed out in pain. Then I shot him in the legs, the was still alive but clearly suffering. I felt awful.

In that game I barely killed npcs if I could help it.

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
I feel bad for gow3. I need to kill a harmless woman by stacking her to a wheel to open a path. She even begs for you not to do that. At that point of a game, i deleted it and promised not buy a game from that team again

Edit: sorry if it sounds too harsh, remembering that scene again makes me so enraged

Pancoar

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Everytime an Embermane in Dauntless does that whimper/cry when you interrupt it as it charges at you causing it to fly through the air and faceplant on the ground I feel bad... Especially since I think they are cute.