• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
I always feel for the Yakuza who harass me in the streets when I play the Yakuza games. Straight up it's a slaughter for them. Like yeah I started the fight by bumping into them but I doubt they realized I was about to unleash a hell storm of pain on them.

Last edited:

IronicSonic

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yes I do. Realistic representation of innocent humans and animals npc I do feel bad.

I rather shoot demons, zombies and robots/cyborgs

Bricktop

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If it's aggro I don't feel bad about killing it, if it's not aggro I don't kill them anyway, so no, I don't really ever feel bad.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Off the top of my head, I really tried to get out of killing the doctors at the end of The Last of Us

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
Yes, especially mook that are only doing their job. Example : Guards in Dishonored.

Most of Ubisoft's recent output is pretty uncomfortable fare, whether it's extralegal military forces continuing the war on drugs by murdering thousands of dudes in Bolivia or the fascist militia of The Division killing the poor for trying to survive.

Enemies in Division :
Cleaners : Straight up insane, their want to burn everyone to death including civilian.
LMB : Private Military Corps.
Rikers : Escaped convicts killing everyone with uniform (police, firemen, medic, etc), often in gruesome way.
Rioters : Thugs, gang members and criminals.

JetBazooka

Banned
Jan 25, 2018
No I actually enjoy it. In multiplayer games Ill do the john wick or mafia style low double tap on knocked characters in fortnite.

Deleted member 22405

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Hate killing dogs.

The moment I know the goons have enemies I struggle. MGS2 with the dog tags was very effective for this. For whatever reason, the moment I have a name, the illusion just dissipates.

Hitman Blood Money obviously with its first mission. Hitman 2 is also very good at setting up stories for your targets and the people around said target.

Stantron

Dec 5, 2017
Sometimes in stealth games when I KO/stun an enemy, but then still put a suppressed bullet in their head to avoid them eventually waking up and alerting others.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Only sometimes..

Bikfoot_RDR.jpg

Ayirek

Oct 27, 2017
I won't attack wolves in BotW. I actually dislike killing dogs/wolves in most games.

Except for in dark souls. Fuck those dogs.

Kaim Argonar

Dec 8, 2017
Not really, no. Actually, the more cruel, gruesome and realistic the better.
It's just a game, let me be the monster.

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
I don't like killing humans and never really have. I don't like to play CoD, GTA, RDR, and many others because of it.

It's part of why I have traditionally preferred Xbox over Playstation, actually. Halo and Gears you aren't killing humans, Uncharted and Last of Us, you are. I played Last of Us and I did like it but I didn't love it partially because of that. Uncharted also makes me feel icky.

Oddly, I love Borderlands tho and it never bothers me in that game. Art style? Never taking itself seriously? Not sure exactly why it doesn't bother me there.

dock

Game Designer
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
I played 200 hours of Breath of the Wild and didn't kill any wildlife other than fish.

I guess monsters are wildlife too, but Octoroks deserve everything they get.

Nazo

Oct 25, 2017
Not usually, no. Only if what I killed is incredibly cute and defenseless. Otherwise I shall drink deep of their vitae and horde their skulls to construct my dark and terrible throne from whence I shall orchestrate greater, crueler acts of slaughter.

:)

johan

Oct 29, 2017
I'll engage with how the game wants me to feel (NieR: Automata robots etc) but in the end it's just a video game so no I do not feel bad

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
Nah, I can't say I've ever felt bad about it outside of the bosses in Shadow of the Colossus.

Dogs are particularly satisfying, with the yelp mixing with a nice meaty thwack.

JJ!

Dec 18, 2017
I always feel bad when monsters limp in monster hunter. But for the most part I just look past it and keep playing lol

mhayes86

Oct 27, 2017
Maryland
Not usually.

Undertale, certainly due to some of the enemy reactions.

In the Souls series, Lady Astraea from her dialogue, and Sif when he begins to limp.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Sif in Dark Souls actually starts to limp after taking enough damage

Xion in KH 358/2 Days. By the end she's adopted a "I kill you or you kill me" outlook and is actively goading you into fighting her. It's heartbreaking

Basically everyone in Undertale but special shoutout to Sans and Papyrus

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
Playing Days Gone right now and feel bad whenever I kill scavenger types.

It's a cruel world yo.

Primal Sage

Virtually Real
Nov 27, 2017
Usually not but there was that one mission in Phantom Pain....

You know the one I'm talking about.

N.47H.4N

Oct 27, 2017
Only in Shadow of the Colossus.
The only other time recently that I remember felling bad was in Red Dead Redemption 2,I shot a stag's leg and he ran for a few yards limping until he fells, when I got close he seemed to be agonizing of pain, so I finished the job.But this is not a enemie.

The Last of Us.

When I shot the doctors...

Yep. :(
Only the first doctor with scalpel is forced to kill.The others don't.I never killed the others.

Last edited:

Velka

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I usually don't kill everything on sight and I do pacifist runs when the game gives me the option. Of course it depends on the game.

I feel that lots of people are missing the point, yes they are pixels moved by lines of code, but they are still visual representations (realistic or not) of people, animals and their stories. Like movies, even though the situation presented is purely fictional and no one is getting hurt, there is still an emotional response and that's perfectly normal.

TheLoCoRaven

Banned
Dec 4, 2017
Not enemies, but I do feel like more and more RPGs are putting more of an emphasis on hunting and it's getting worse. Now there's games like GoW and Days Gone, which I love both games, but they basically have you shoot a deer and wait for it to bleed out. Now we have animals not even dying right away and have to show them suffer. They seem to also be getting more and more graphic with the skinning and butchering afterwards.

I wouldn't mind if they just went back to, you shoot it, its dead, press a button, collect it's things.

Sensei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
nier automata...

pascal

:(

edit: oh hes not an enemy

this guy is!

EVE though... he was just a baby who loved his brother :(

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
For some dumb reason I still have feelings of regret over killing two characters in the matrix game for Xbox/ps2. I think it was called Enter the Matrix.

First level is an airport looking place/company and as you come in you can either let the helpless innocent security guard go or kill them. And I killed them then immediately thought to myself these men were in theory coming in to clock in clock out, getting a low wage, are begging you to spare them with no violence from their end, have digital families and I just killed them.

I felt like shit my whole playthrough haha.

whiteninja

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Shadow of Rome on Ps2. You can dismember enemies and their are times when you hack off both thier arms so they just sorta helplessly meander about.

Oh how I wish for a sequel or even a port/remake...