• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rats

Oct 25, 2017
The Minnesota State Fair is a pretty big deal around these parts, but I don't make it every year.

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
MN State Fair Midway. 2 million people attend annually.

florida-state-fair.jpg

Deleted member 17092

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Washington has a pretty good one.

Regional specialties include hot fresh scones, and a 'fair burger' which has a bunch of grilled onion on it.

They get some pretty decent musical acts

The washington State Fair sucks compared to MN. Just saying.

And who the hell wants to eat a damn scone at a State Fair. Cheese curds and corn on the cob fam.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I went once, few years back. Went with an ex, we brought her little sister. Seems great for kids, they thankfully hold it in the fall and no longer the summer - because it is hot and incredibly humid up there in the summer.

A ridiculous amount of food, beer, and wine, lots of small cows and piglets for kids to pet. In fact a piglet kept head butting me in the leg when I went, I think it was its way of playing.

inner-G

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PNW
The washington State Fair sucks compared to MN. Just saying.

And who the hell wants to eat a damn scone at a State Fair. Cheese curds and corn on the cob fam.
I'm originally from IL, and I like this one way better personally, it's way more chill.

I'll trade the corn on the cob for a Dole whip, and there are way less drunk rednecks at this one. You can still get a corn dog or fried candy bar at either

Deleted member 17092

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly folks in the US should plan trips around the MN State Fair. Best time of year to be here and if it gets to hot take a couple days and drive up to Duluth and jump in lake Superior lol.

Deleted member 17092

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm originally from IL, and I like this one way better personally, it's way more chill.

I'll trade the corn on the cob for a Dole whip, and there are way less drunk rednecks at this one. You can still get a corn dog or fried candy bar at either

I don't typically run into any red necks. The way to do the MN State Fair is to go early in the morning and get out of there before it gets too packed.

If you want to do the Midway just don't even go until like 8pm.

Culex

Oct 29, 2017
Usually go to the Big E every September in Massachusetts. Pretty darn good fair. They also have my yearly foodgasm- the Crazy Burger

Fleck0

Oct 25, 2017
I still go to the county fair every year. I don't get near any of the rides anymore, just food, performances and animals

Deleted member 17092

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Also low key some of the best firework shows are at county fairs. They go all out. Mpls aquatennial though is fucking nuts though and I've never seen anything like it, anywhere.

Deleted member 25600

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I went once when i was 7. It was stupidly expensive back then. I've had no interest to go back in the intervening 25 years.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
i go occasionally

eat a corn dog, play some rigged games

fun times

Ottaro

Oct 25, 2017
The Texas State Fair is great, I try to make it out there each year.
It's hosted in a beautiful campus of art deco architecture in Dallas, which pairs well with deep fried junk food.
rEEZQez.jpg

Piggus

Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
Went last year and it was a haven for Trumpsters. Might check out the fair in Portland if I get a chance.

UF_C

Oct 25, 2017
Only when a candidate running for office drags me to a campaign event there. I refuse to go otherwise. Same with their catfish fries and wild beast feasts.

Pooh

Oct 25, 2017
The Hundred Acre Wood
My family used to go to the LA County fair every year, I always dreaded it and then had a good time when actually going.

I'm a bit worried about going to a state fair and running into a bunch of redhats, but I could see going to a Portland county fair and having fun.

TheMango55

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I went to college in the state capital and the fair was like a half mile away so I went every year when I was in school. Haven't been in 10 years though.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Oct 28, 2017
Simple topic really, it's about that time of year when they're around. Do they excite you anymore? Do the rides/fried food turn you off? Is it just a thing you go to with your kids now? I wanna hear all about the fairs in your area.

The fair is basically our city's identitiy, and try as I might, I find less and less reasons to go each year. I've only a passing intrest in the rodeos/Chuckwagons, the vendors are the same year after year, rides/games are the same each time as well. The only thing thats appealing are the bars/pubs around the area which get into the spirit, but even that's losing it's luster.

But since the city's had the fair for over 100 years, it probably wont stop any time soon. Especially since they had a Stranger Things collab this year. But how does your city/county/state do things, fair wise?
You talking about Stampede in Calgary? I was just in Calgary for a week and went to Stampede. I can tell you it felt like the Texas State fair but with more character. I'm from Dallas and had a lot of people tell me that Calgary has Dallas as their sister city. We did a scavenger hunt for a birthday during Stampede. It was pretty fun.