• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Phonzo

Oct 26, 2017
It is constantly on my mind and im 32.

Nothing to exciting, but i like to think about where i would move to, how much money i will have and what i'll be doing there.

PaJeppy

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
My hobbies, full time!

Skiing (hopefully!), Woodworking and photography. Travel as well but who knows what the world's going to be like in another 30 years.

SliceSabre

Oct 25, 2017
Retirement? Lmao.

That's some funny shit. Republicans will outlaw retiring in the US by the time I'm old enough to think about retiring.

Transistor

Hollowly Brittle
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Why do you think I'm accumulating so much of a backlog?

I'm just hopeful that by the time I need to be in a nursing home, they'll just jack our brains into some matrix type shit so I don't have to live with the terrors of my body and mind deteriorating

Viewt

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
I hope to be healthy enough to still travel, read, and just generally let my curiosity and passion decide what I want to do on a given day.

Fingers crossed that I actually get to do it and live long enough to enjoy it.

Menome

Oct 25, 2017
I will finish my Steam backlog and get so excited when I finally finish that I have a heart attack and die on the spot.

FriendlyNPC

Oct 27, 2017
With how things are nowdays I think it is more important than ever to enjoy what you have today instead of looking too far into the future. Might sound a bit grim but I really don't know if retirement in 35 years or so will be even comparable to what we have today. My retirement won't be as comfortable as my parents, that much is certain.

No Onions

Nov 8, 2017
Hopefully I can travel and play video games, maybe keep a nice older car around that I can tinker with and drive around on the weekends.

Auros01

Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
If retirement is still a think when I'm 60 or older, I honestly have no idea what I would want to do. Assuming I continue to be smart in saving for retirement, I think I would just bask in the feeling of knowing that I can wake up and do whatever I want.

Omegasquash

Oct 31, 2017
With how things are nowdays I think it is more important than ever to enjoy what you have today instead of looking too far into the future. Might sound a bit grim but I really don't know if retirement in 35 years or so will be even comparable to what we have today. My retirement won't be as comfortable as my parents, that much is certain.

They'll have social security. It's likely we won't.

Anyway, I plan to use my time to travel, catch up on video games, and cook good food.

Oct 27, 2017
Got a 401K going but aside from making sure I'm contributing to that there's really nothing else I'm concerning myself with. Just hoping I can get to that point in life.

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
edit:
if I am successful at actually retiring.

I would just go back to my native Portugal and just chill and relax until death.

Canada is great for work but fuck the snow

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017
Travelling, move somewhere warm, spend a lot of time with my son and his family assuming he wants/gets one.

hipsterbodega

Oct 30, 2017
Read, paint, hike, travel and spend some time at the beach. Maybe garden.

But I'm sure retirement will be a pipe dream by the time I get to that age.

tokkun

Oct 27, 2017
I plan to continue to keep working but either on passion projects or for non-profit / charitable organizations.

A life of all leisure does not seem to be good for most people mentally or physically.

FriendlyNPC

Oct 27, 2017
All you people thinking you will work until death:

I am sorry (?) to tell you but in 30-40 years, when you are tired and ripe for retirement, there won't be any jobs left for you. Automation will take care of that.

Exellus

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
It is constantly on my mind and im 32.

Nothing to exciting, but i like to think about where i would move to, how much money i will have and what i'll be doing there.

Where I would move: Probably stay here at my house.

How much money: I hope a yearly retirement income of about $25,000 should be more than enough.

What I'll be doing: Playing video games.

El_TigroX

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
Drink tiki drinks and hopefully never have to worry about money. Unlikely at best!

But I'd like to go somewhere warm, where the living is easy and my robot car can drive me around to my errands. A place I can still be social and talk to people... will probably still do part time work if I can.

Oct 27, 2017
Anybody making a plan on working until they die is being foolish. Your body and/or mind can break down to where you can't work. Also, age discrimination is very much a thing. Even getting past 45 in some industries means people don't want to hire you and/or will find a way to get rid of you. They'll never tell you the real reason but age discrimination certainly exists. Unless you own your own company, of course.
As for me, I hope I'm still hiking and going out in nature. I'd also like to volunteer. I did so several times when my kids were in elementary school and it's rewarding helping kids learn to read and do math as a volunteer.

tuffy

Oct 25, 2017
Gonna have a dog, and we're gonna go on walks. And when we're done walking for the day, we're gonna nap.

Lucky Forward

Oct 27, 2017
I retired seven years ago and my schedule is usually like this:

8:00 - 12:00 Breakfast, coffee, and internet
12:00 - 3:00 A few chores, shopping, this and that
3:00 - 4:30 Lunch and Netflix
Rest of the day: Free time

But I try to be flexible; yesterday we had an overnight snow so at 9:00 in the morning I took my dog out for a hour-long walk in the snow-covered woods down at the end of my street.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
As a writer, I'll only retire when I die. I want to be like Stephen King and write over 50 novels (of varying quality) in the next 40 years :D

No Onions

Nov 8, 2017

But I try to be flexible; yesterday we had an overnight snow so at 9:00 in the morning I took my dog out for a hour-long walk in the snow-covered woods down at the end of my street.

Honestly, that sounds great

Clear

Oct 25, 2017
Connecticut
I would love to do some hiking, kayak on a lake and just relax.

I'm CT so first thing I would do is move. Snow/cold weather is not part of my plan.

itwasTuesday

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
sit around
watch movies
complain about them on the internet, or maybe by then i'll go to get breakfast at a local restaurant every morning and yell across the room to other old people about the movies.

move somewhere warm year round

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017

Living the good life mr.Forward, have fun

OP
OP
Phonzo

Phonzo

Oct 26, 2017

Do you still live in the same place you always had? If not, why haven't you decided to move somewhere cheaper, and warmer (if thats your thing)?

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
Gym, sit on a board, non profit consulting, urban exploration, cooking/culture classes

I don't think I would want to spend a lot of hours playing video game in one sitting in retirement. That was my dream when I was in middle school but I easily hit video game fatigued when I allowed myself to spend days just playing video games.