• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dali

Oct 27, 2017
Or is it socially acceptable and I just missed the memo? I mean we have the technology to make life easier but like fanny packs people mostly opt out of using it because of perceived lameness.

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
who needs velcro when you can choose to not untie your shoes and just slip them on? its what i do

jml

Mar 9, 2018
Nah. Social acceptability isn't the reason I don't wear velcro shoes, I don't wear velcro shoes because I don't think they look very good.

Maximus

Oct 27, 2017
I mean if there are Velcro shoes that are well designed, it's no different than slip ons. If you're buying shoes that look like a grandpa would wear them in the 80s, either you're super hipster or just need help.

Bio

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denver, Colorado
Wear what you want, who cares if it's 'cool' or not. I'd much rather be comfortable than have the approval of people I'll never meet or care about.

wholahay

Dec 18, 2017
There are definitely well-designed Velcro shoes that no one will bat an eye at. I mean yeah the I'm wearing Velcro lol element will be there, but it won't be like, wow, check out this Velcro-wearing freak. What kind of shoes do you typically go for, OP?

Reizzz

Jun 19, 2019
Buddy Velcro it up! I had a pair of running shoes with Velcro that a bought for playing beerball once a week. It was great lol

N64Controller

Nov 2, 2017
I tie my shoes once and then just slip them on anyway. Velcro is ok. Lots of great looking shoes have them. Most who will judge you have most likely have shitty shoes.

FunkyPajamas

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't own velcro shoes but I don't see how they're different than sneakers with laces. You can probably wear them and nobody's going to give a damn. Hell, people are out there wearing crocs and it seems like it's acceptable now.

Thac

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
I owned multiple pairs of this one kind of Sanuk a number of years ago and they all had this Velcro triangle thing on the side to adjust the fit. Still a slipon for the most part but those shoes were my jam. Wish they still made those ones :( They had a gear loop and climbing shoe rubber on them too.

100% wear what you want. Velcro it up.

Griselbrand

Oct 26, 2017
I have a pair of these. Not my picture.

BC8meGK.jpg

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
I don't own velcro shoes but I don't see how they're different than sneakers with laces. You can probably wear them and nobody's going to give a damn. Hell, people are out there wearing crocs and it seems like it's acceptable now.
Bruh, Crocs aren't even in the sam stratosphere of velcro. lol

PopsMaellard

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Wear what you want to wear

One and done.

If you really care about perceived judgment from those around you, there's also plenty of shoes that offer similar convenience. Chelsea's, for example, are very easy slip on and have no fastening device at all.

Edit: also, fanny packs and the like have been cool again for the last 2-3 years. Knock yourself out.

pokeystaples

Oct 27, 2017
I see Velcro all the time. There was a dude hooping at the gym in the Jordan 1 double strap just this morning. Wear what you want.

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Or is it socially acceptable and I just missed the memo? I mean we have the technology to make life easier but like fanny packs people mostly opt out of using it because of perceived lameness.
Nike has been doing shoes that have alternative entry mechanisms(rear or side entry) with elastic laces so no need for tying. Velcro is too noisy and it wears out.

8pVH7BE.gif

nike-air-zoom-pegasus-35-flyease

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Velcro is an annoying fastenig device that collects too much debris.

So, no ty

Orbis

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Nike has been doing shoes that have alternative entry mechanisms(rear or side entry) with elastic laces so no need for tying. Velcro is too noisy and it wears out.

8pVH7BE.gif

This looks interesting.

Laces fine and all but it's 2020, we should have a better way of fastening our shoes. Velcro tends to wear out and also gets full of dirt. But honestly if you want to wear velcro shoes then I'm not judging, I think they're better than laces but I rarely see a pair I want to buy. I don't think anyone cares how you fasten your shoes.

Deleted member 1478

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Not really no. For shoes that I wear to work it's not exactly a hassle to spend a few minutes tying them at the start of the day and for trainers I just leave them tied and slip them on.

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If this is about convenience- Tying your shoes takes like 3 fucking seconds lol.
If it's about style- Wear what you want, who cares.

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
i love velcro shoes. idgaf what people think. that said...i don't actually own any velcro shoes lol.

whenever i get new shoes i just lace and tie them up and that's it. i just pull them off and slide them back on without bothering with laces.

one of my pairs have zips + straps (nike air) so no real need to bother with laces. just slide your feet in, zip up the heel and put the strap around.

OP
OP
Dali

Dali

Oct 27, 2017
I put these on my last few pairs of shoes. Comfy and snug fit, no lace tying.

That's a pretty good idea. $12.00 Canadian though.

8pVH7BE.gif

Those look awesome.