• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tom Nook

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I want a pair these:

dims
dims

Aureon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My little brother is a total shoe buff and he has some insane velcro shoes.

Nothing i'd wear, though, as i'm not a teenager, but i gotta admire the visual quality

11-08-2015_nike_airjordansonofmars_blackgymred_coolgrey_1_dlx.jpg

Dec 12, 2017
I have Jordans, Lebrons, and Kyries all with Velcro. They also happen to be the shoes that get the all the shoutouts too. Velcro is fine, it depends on the style of the shoe.

Deleted member 41651

User-requested account closure
Banned
Apr 3, 2018
More like, do I wish it was acceptable to wear Heelys (those shoes with hidden wheels) sneakers as a non-child adult?

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
i'm lazy AF and cycle through 3 different shoes a day (work, workout, home/leisure) but no can't say i ever thought about velcro

takes like 3 seconds to tie your shit

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Oh I haven't had to tie my shoes for several years now. Laces go inside while tied and I simply slip my feet on, always. Gotta step your game up my man.

Wolfe

Banned
Sep 3, 2018
I didn't realize this was something not socially acceptable, I don't really think about shit like that when it comes to innocuous things I guess.

Like even the heelies post above, if they make them in adult sizes then knock yourself out man, like what's gonna happen, someone says "ugh fuck that guy, wheeling around like he don't know he's not a kid no more." Who cares.

Grain Silo

Dec 15, 2017
I wear velcro shoes all the time and had no idea they weren't socially acceptable. maybe "unfashionable" is a better descriptor. My only issue with them is that the noise can be obnoxious. Trying to undo and put on velcro shoes quietly is near impossible.

Rory

Oct 25, 2017
I'm 33 and for in the last few years tying my laces without sitting down has started to become more uncomfortable. I hate to imagine what it's gonna be like when I'm older.

It's not about time for me, it's about getting down there.
O_O you can tie your shoe laces without sitting down?!

CHC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe my feet are just weird but after like two weeks of wearing them I never need to tie my sneakers anymore. I just keep them tied and slip in and out. And I'm not talking like big bulky, loose sneakers either, just normal Nikes or whatever. Only exception are high-tops, of course.

Lashes.541

Dec 18, 2017
Roseburg Oregon
There is a ton of modern nice style sneakers with Velcro. It stoped being a "old person" thing I while ago, vans skate diversion just stoped a new slip on with a Velcro strap that I'm probably going to buy. I like the slip ones but when skating I need my feet to not slip in the shoes at all.

Lashes.541

Dec 18, 2017
Roseburg Oregon
I'm surprised boa dials haven't made it to street and casual wear. It's practically the standard for snowboard boots and cycling shoes.
They're way faster and easier than laces and cleans up the aesthetics too.
There is a legal reason for it, something with the owner of the patent on it. Years ago I was a semi professional rollerblader. And a company that made skate liners called usd had some with cable and dials for the in-closer. This was a huge company worth hundreds of millions and they were so scared of getting sued over the patent for that tech they only sold the liners in Europe. And ever then they were only on the market for like six months.

Felt

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Wear whatever you want.

I have soft running shoes that are easy to slip on and off.

Also you can get Chelsea boots for formal occasion...

V23

Oct 27, 2017
I've seen grown adults wearing those stupid Crocs shoes. If they can get away with that, go nuts with the Velcro, OP.

Dec 25, 2018
Isn't trying your shoes something you learn by the time your 6? Is it really that hard to bend over, which you have to any anyway, and quickly tie your laces together?

Deleted member 283

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll be fully honest here: never learned how to tie laces/knots, at all. So, I've been wearing Velcro shoes pretty much my entire life.

Like these. This is the general style I've been wearing the past few years.

For the vast most part, usually nobody says anything at all because most people have better things to do than pay attention to or care what kind of shoes you're wearing to begin with. And the only occasions I can think of people mentioning my shoes at all are saying the look good. Can't recall anyone giving me shit over it, well, ever.

I have no idea if I've just been lucky in that particular way or what, but it's just never been a a problem for me, at all. Wear what you like.

Kinketsu

Nov 17, 2017
Does anyone actually care? Even living in a country where you constantly have to take your shoes on and off, I have never considered this. Most people tie their shoes in such a way that you can just pull then off or slip then on. I think some people are over thinking the difficulty level of shoes.

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
You don't need velcro or laces. They make tons of shoes that just slip on.

I've been wearing Merrell Jungle Mocs for 20 years. They are the most comfortable shoes I've ever owned. No laces. No Velcro.

Etain

Oct 25, 2017
Do whatever, seriously. I just don't seek them out or care to, if I do get footwear with Velcro they're often a type of sandal.

fleet

Jan 2, 2019
i have nothing interesting to say except that velcro shoes are incredibly useful for people with physical and intellectual disabilities. i doubt anyone here ever would, but never shame someone for wearing them or imply that they're "childish"; you never know what that person's ability for fine motor skills is

gdt

Oct 26, 2017