• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

lunanto

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
I know most people dont but I like the atmosphere there, the musical parts, the videos, the guests... THE REVEAL
Its a different and kinda special day for me as a games fan. A celebration.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Yes, it's a fun thing to look forward to.

Especially after so many exams, yikes.

Linde

Banned
Sep 2, 2018
im watching it onces its over
which means i can easily skip all the awards nonsense and any trailers i dont care about

CRIMSON-XIII

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
I think I am hyped this year beyond all previous ones because we are guaranteed to get trailers for FFVIIRemake, Ghost of Tsushima.... And maybe(hopefully), Zelda BOTW2..

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm more of a, "Scan the bullet-point headlines the next day to see if anything interesting cropped up." kinda person.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
I enjoy it. 1:30am, stay up the night. Election results in the morning combined with last day of work, so not really caring. Will play the switch and stay up and enjoy the show.

stinkyguy666

Nov 4, 2017
Excited for reveals but I really don't care about any of the awards or anything. It kinda sucks how it's only geared towards Americans cause it's at such an inconvenient time for everyone else but ah well whatevs.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
It's basically "The Geoff Keighley Show". Lots of Geoff.

I find the whole thing a little cringey but certainly I'll be watching for the reveals.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
no
it is super late here in my timezone, i will work early tomorrow, they usualy ignore the awards that i want to see to rush them on 5 minutes so they can show 10 minutes of a performance that I don't care.

but it has the chance of a smash or zelda trailer so yes

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
I get excited for the announcements, and some of the awards have occasionally been heartwarming, but generally no. The awards themselves don't mean much to me. I don't even watch the show live, actually.

That said, not hating or anything.

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
You couldn't pay me to watch a show like that, what a nightmare. I'll watch the trailers afterwards though.

mrgoomba

Dec 10, 2017
I liked it last year, there was several reveals and it was fun to watch.

I don't hype it like E3 but it's always good to have something game related on the end of the year

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I do. It's corny and kind of a huge advertisement, but it's at least as entertaining as an E3 event and feels like a nice capstone to a year of video games. And there's always a few genuinely classy moments, like the GOTY orchestral medley and the honorary industry award thing.

TheAggroCraig

One Winged Slayer
Nov 6, 2017
I could not care less about the awards, but I do love me some trailer drops and banter some people on stage have.

Sotha_Sil

Nov 4, 2017
Mute the show in the background and turn the volume up when it looks like a reveal is coming.

I've never been a fan of things like the Oscars or Emmy's, either. At least TGA provides reveals and new trailers of upcoming games.

Jan 9, 2018
Sweden
Haha, no. I'm not expecting much. It's in the middle of the night over here too, so I'm gonna have to set an alarm to catch it, but it's all part of the fun of events like these.

banter

Jan 12, 2018
I literally only watch for reveals. It will be playing in the background as I battle Safi'jiiva tonight in monster hunter world iceborne.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
Not really. The show airs at 2:30am on a Friday and I have a scheduled appointment with my bed during that time.

Will just read about and watch the announcements tomorrow. Don't expect anything either way.

andresmoros

Oct 29, 2017
Houston
Yes! It has gotten so much better year after year, and last year's Joker's reveal was the most surprising thing to happen in the video game industry in a while (for me). I really needed that, I was so down on my luck and that helped through some though time by focusing all my attention into this hobby rather than into my (then) shitty life. I like TGA, I like Geoff, and I am happy that he has made this his thing (and a very successful one too). Fuck y'all haters, trying to take the nice things away from us. Let us be happy.

Tomacco

Oct 27, 2017
Kinda? TBH I'd be much happier if they got rid of the awards and just stuck with the reveals