• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mentosrock

Nov 4, 2019
Not really, I gave into the hype last year for what was supposed to be an InCreDiBle show with people thinking the new Avengers game and Metroid would be shown. The '15** unreleased games~~~ to be shown for the first time ever!!' ended up being 80% garbo with a five second teaser for the interesting upcoming games.

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
The last 2 or 3 years as the show saw dramatic improvements and turned into a mini E3, yes.

It's fun. I like to meet my bros at their place and watch it.

Hopefully we get some nice trailers/reveals tonight.

pj-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
it's got a little of everything. cringe, announcements, the wrong winner for most categories

super fun to watch

Flipyap

Oct 25, 2017
What I feel is more like the kind of anxiety that comes from knowing that I'm going to witness a trainwreck and being too dumb to look away.

CRIMSON-XIII

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
The last 2 or 3 years as the show saw dramatic improvements and turned into a mini E3, yes.

It's fun. I like to meet my bros at their place and watch it.

Hopefully we get some nice trailers/reveals tonight.
Keighley does E3 coliseum, To me This feels like a fourth day of E3 Coliseum with appreciation and awards and just as many reveals as the first few days. Except that it happens 6 months after E3.

Zoidn

Dec 23, 2018
Nope. It's probably a completely console focused show. They'd have to bring out some incredible stuff to get me excited about things I will likely never play.

Cannon_Fodder

Oct 27, 2017
Not hype, but I'm expecting some cool trailers anyway. To be fair, I don't really get hyped for any press conference. I just hope they'll be entertaining.

Lindsay

Nov 4, 2017
Already plopped the OT on my thread ignore list so nopenopes! Shows not for me. Prolly not a single game I've played this year up for an award, like every year, an even if there were - why would I care about that? The reveals'll prolly be next years batch of games that dun interest me an won't play.

Unaha-Closp

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
I mute everything but the trailers. Never liked Award shows of any kind. Being they show New Game Trailers at this one is the only reason I watch. I do not have to listen though.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
It's a fun enough watch, but not something I hype myself into a frenzy for. The only rumored game trailers I'm looking forward to this year are Elden Ring and Dragon Age. I hate few series more than Arkham so that does nothing for me.

Wolf

Oct 25, 2017
I feel hype for it not because of reveals but because it's a big celebration of the industry and provides developers with the recognition they deserve.

Geoff has busted his ass to make it a big important thing and imo has succeeded. It's probably the closest thing to the oscars the gaming industry will get.

Those awards might not mean much to people outside the industry, but to those devs it means a lot.

MrS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A little bit. I'm hyped to see how Death Stranding is gonna perform. Just wish we could get more Elden Ring info.

Dr. Zoidberg

Oct 25, 2017
Decapod 10
I don't care about the awards themselves and I won't be watching it. There might be some cool news or maybe not. I figure if anything interesting happens Wario64 will let me know on Twitter so I don't have to worry.

Stavik

Nov 12, 2019
Super hyped for it! I think it's so cool that Geoff is making this, and it seems so genuine from his side! I'm fully behind it and will support it as much as I can

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
watching jumanji 2 between 4pm and 6pm, completely forgot TGA is even on tonight. I'll watch a bit late i guess. Not much hype this year, athere hasn't been a game I consider overwhelmingly amazing this year. Some good games and ones I enjoyed but nothing I feel like will be remembered in a decade.

Moves

Oct 27, 2017
Excited to have my brother over and eat & drink while we watch them together.
This has become an annual fun event for us.

LakeEarth

Oct 27, 2017
Ontario
For the actual "awards" part, absolutely not. I am glad when people I think deserve it win awards, but that's the extent of it. But I will watch it because I enjoy new game announcements and new footage of upcoming games.

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
Excited to have my brother over and eat & drink while we watch them together.
This has become an annual fun event for us.

Pretty much the same for me and my two brothers.

Josef Fares (sp?) honestly made me more interested in it the last two years. He deserves some credit for making it more interesting.

Is he even there this year? I don't remember seeing him last year but I remember they announced he was coming back.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I'm hyped. Might be disappointment but fuck it.

LETS GO.

HighlevelAdeptEkaltadeta-size_restricted.gif

SweetBellic

Oct 28, 2017
I don't watch awards ceremonies. They're bullshit.

However, I do get hyped for any new trailers or game announcements, and the community discussion they generate.

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
Those awards might not mean much to people outside the industry, but to those devs it means a lot.

Aonuma and Fujibayashi really enjoyed winning that GOTY for BOTW and seemed legitimately proud of their achievement.

It was heart warming. It was obvious they felt like their hard work paid off and they enjoyed the recognition and spotlight.

Neuroxia

Mar 31, 2019
I would watch it mostly for the reveals, but i started a day job so i just can't stay that late (3:30am) anymore.