• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kurtikeya

One Winged Slayer
Dec 2, 2017
For the actual "awards" part, absolutely not. I am glad when people I think deserve it win awards, but that's the extent of it. But I will watch it because I enjoy new game announcements and new footage of upcoming games.

This is where I'm at. The awards don't mean much to me but they often do to those in the running for them, so I'll be happy if they do win. Interestingly enough I appreciate how an event like this is trying to make the awards a big deal. I just don't think video game criticism is at the point where I can be invested in awards.

Death Penalty

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The awards themselves are nothing to me, but the reveals and the interviews are a lot of fun and I'm really looking forward to them.

Bosh

Oct 26, 2017
I mean I put it on my calendar to watch so I guess so. Geoff is a cool dude and its nice that this has been growing every year to boost gaming exposure

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
It's always nice when devs win and are genuinely touched/overwhelmed, especially the smaller ones. Those are always my favorite moments of the actual awards portion.

Rogue Agent

Oct 25, 2017
Hyped to see what trailers come out of it. Not hyped to see it live because I don't want to kill my sleep pattern (too late for Brits).

RedOnePunch

Oct 26, 2017
Not really and I wish they would call it something else. Seems more like a reveal event than actual awards. Shows how hype and preorder driven this industry is.

Dreezy

Oct 27, 2017
No... but I haven't even been gaming much this year. If I'm not doing anything I'll have it up on the background!

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Kind of. It's more just like "Eh here's something to do tonight I guess"

stat84

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
No because everything points to NO Elden Ring trailer which is the only thing that interests me besides any huge surprise.

sleepnaught

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Not anymore now that Half-Life won't be there. I'll just go to bed early. I doubt anything I want will show up either. I don't care about the awards themselves.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yes. Wish it wasn't on so late for UK audience.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
I would if I knew the new Batman game reveal was gonna be there. Besides that, no. I don't remotely care for the event itself.

psynergyadept

Oct 26, 2017
nah.....we get like one or two good reveals and the rest is just indie stuff; the only good reveals were way back when ME3 and TLOU were announced back when it was te Spike tv game awards or at least when geoff keighley was the host of it.

Terror-Billy

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lol no it's not. The Golden Globes don't have reveal trailers for movies/shows, etc. Not comparable at all. TGA is more just a general celebration of games. It just really helps it has hype announcements.
In terms of awards relevance, if I wasn't that clear. Reveals are ok most of the time.

Trieu

Feb 22, 2019
No. I don't want to sound too negative (normally not the way I am) but I have zero expectations for TGA and since all I care about from those shows are new AAA beautiful looking games reveal/premiere trailers I think I am not going to get anything tonight.

I will still watch it but doing other things whilst doing so

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nah, expecting small announcements here and there, the big boys will most certainly be saved for when the new consoles are announced

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
In terms of awards relevance, if I wasn't that clear. Reveals are ok most of the time.
I see. I actually put way more stock in the TGA winners. They are voted on by some of the biggest gaming outlets in the world. And its not like any person can just walk in the front door and get a job there. I trust most of their professional opinions.