• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 31199

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Let's see... Monmouth County, New Jersey?

Uh... Somewhat... I feel a lot of where I live is very run down. I don't want it to be ritzy but it just needs a makeover I guess.

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
yeah,

i would feel more at home if the narco didnt killed someone daily, but oh well

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
I never moved but I don't feel at home in the country that I live because the country that I live hates people like me.
But at the same time I feel at home because I have lots of friends who live near me

neon_dream

Dec 18, 2017
Chicago

No

Concrete and steel and flat. It's loud. There's no nature, no trees or flowers except city planned decoration.

I've gotten more used to it after living here several years. I like the people. They're friendly, usually, although you have plenty of gruff incosiderate big city jaded self centered crap. I could stay awhile if I had to. I miss California though and eventually I'll move back.

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Hmmmmm not yet but it's not like I want to go back to North Central Ohio.

I've been in Metro Detroit a few years now but it's still a big change from farm country.

Oct 25, 2017
Greater Toronto Area... I love this place, I just wish it were transported to somewhere warmer with mountains. I want to be able to safely ride my bike 12 months of the year. I also wish the population was larger, like 3x larger. It's a small/medium-sized city on a global scale.

Vancouver is warmer in the winter and is surrounded by beautiful mountains and nature. Though it doesn't have warm summers like we do and it's a tiny city, I think I might be happier there.

Taki

Attempt to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No, I feel like a stranger in my own land.

I don't follow Football, I'm an Atheist, I hate driving and I live in a driving-centric part of the country.

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I'm happy in Toronto, although my part of town is extremely anti-cyclist and full of Doug Ford fans. Going downtown and walking around for a few hours gives me energy.

Greater Toronto Area... I love this place, I just wish it were transported to somewhere warmer with mountains.
Aside from the Niagara Escarpment, most of Southern Ontario is flaaaaaaaaat. Going to a place with mountains and winding roads is a treat for me.

Deleted member 32374

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Pretty much at home in most of North and central NJ. Closer to Philly gets weird, shore places a bit weird.

Oct 28, 2017
I live in a lower-middle class Detroit suburb, and have traveled to New York City, Chicago, Florida multiple times, and even to the Gathering of the Juggalos once. After a few days at all of these locations I always get home sick. I love it here, even if the winters do have a tendency to test my patience.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
Lancaster (city), Pennsylvania. Does it feel like my home? Yes and no.

Was born in Chicago. Moved to Lancaster at the age of 12. Moved to Brooklyn/Queens at 19. At 32 moved back to Lancaster again.

Both Lancaster and Brooklyn feel more like home to me than Chicago at this point since it's been so long. I much more associate myself with the Tri-state area than the Midwest these days.

Last edited:

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
The majority of my life has been spent in two places. Japan and SoCal. I lived in Japan for 12 years and SoCal for 13 years (currently in SD). These places will always be my home.

EN1GMA

Avenger
Nov 7, 2017
Greater Toronto Area (GTA).

Lived in Canada (Ontario) all my life and I always feel at home.

I also spent many summers in NYC as a kid/teen and also felt very comfortable staying there. If I would have left Canada it would have been for NY.