• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Couleurs

Oct 25, 2017
Denver, CO
Colorado has a pretty good rep and manages to avoid being hated by one political side or the other

Maybe it's the Switzerland of states

Lashes.541

Dec 18, 2017
Roseburg Oregon
There's a red strip up and down I-5. It pretty much ends at Ashland and Portland if I'm not mistaken.
I might be mistaken but I'm pretty sure the only real red area is Douglas county were I was born and raised. But it's also I'm pretty sure the biggest county in the state. My town is 23,000 so it's not super rural but it feels like a tiny town in the south šŸ¤£ thank god im only a hour from Eugene.

Oct 27, 2017
latest

Aranjah

Oct 27, 2017
Live in: Alabama

lolno, not in the least.

Individual comments can make me bristle in a #NotAllSoutherners kind of way (and some of the stereotypes are outdated and a bit shit), but overall both states' reputations are completely deserved.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Atlantas is better

Also Im in Georgia so no

The south is mostly a punchline to everyone else and rightfully so
People that live in Georgia barely like Georgia, if we didn't have sweet tea and good food the state would have been a smoking hole long ago

Bakercat

Oct 27, 2017
'merica
Kentucky here and lol no. Its pretty bad here at times. Everyone is mostly poor and religious, then let conmen screw them over because they quote the bible.

Amish folk out here are awesome though.

peppermints

Oct 25, 2017
Most folks I feel are indifferent about Indiana other than maybe thinking it's a bit boring.

Indianapolis is a great medium sized city. But our schools suck at a state level, roads too. And while there's a lot of natural beauty to be found in the state parks and nature preserves (Brow County in the fall definitely is breathtaking) most of the state is dull as hell.

Oh and we gave y'all Pence so yeah... sorry about that.

Valkrai

Oct 25, 2017
I live in New Mexico. Pretty sure most of the country doesn't know it's a state or probably thinks it's just a part of Mexico.

Cilla

Oct 29, 2017
Queensland, Australia
From next year I will be living in SD and I have spent enough time there that the only reputation it has is being the Dakota with Mt. Rushmore.. Well maybe that was true and maybe it is Meth I'm On It! now haha.

Oct 27, 2017
Many Americans think Texas is an extremely conservative, bible-thumping, backwards, gun-friendly state. Partly true, but there are plenty of cities and major areas filled with diversity, unique culture and democratic values, mayors, lawmakers, etc. We don't ride horses or wear cowboy hats in Houston. We build rockets that go to the moon. You'll find so many people who moved to Texas from more touristy/attractive states for the affordable lifestyle, job security, etc. Even the food truck/resturant scene is insanely good. As we approach the 2020's, it will only get more varied and liberal. Austin is already the new Silicon Valley and music festival/artist hub. I have faith that a major Texas city will eventually decriminalize psychedelics in the next few years. If Denver can do it, so can Dallas.

Last edited:

Zelenogorsk

Banned
Mar 1, 2018
In order for Missouri to have any kind of reputation that would require people to actively think about it, which i'm assuming most people never do.

Scheris

Oct 27, 2017
I live in Florida, so that's a big nope.

(At least I live in eastern-south Florida where it's basically solid blue, but the rest of the state is a Republican hellhole. Looking forward to when I can move out of this state...)

scrambledeggs

Apr 25, 2018
Washingtonian here and I think so? I may be a little biased because I personally love the state. Well, the western side at least. What even is eastern Washington tbh.

Been living up here in the very NW region of the state and my charming little hometown is seeing a surge of transplants. I'd like to know who spilled the coffee beans about us because housing ain't looking pretty. šŸ˜”

Starwing

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2018
As a New Yorker, I get the feeling people hate the city more than the state and for good reason to an extent.

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I dunno. I know a lot of people like to rag on California but there's also a subtle longing I see and hear from a lot of people. It's considered a golden land and in many ways, it genuinely is.

Fuck the haters, Cali rules. No one really misses the seasons, they just say that so they don't seem like assholes for having perfect fucking weather 80% of the year.

Jun 17, 2019
Illinois, I think most people probably associate us with political corruption and think we're all like the SNL superfans.

I wouldn't say that. Most people who are from out of town talk about the museums, a lot Chicago and usually say were damn friendly compared to the east cost. So I guess we're doing okay.

Sobriquet

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Wilmington, NC
I don't know what people think about North Carolina. I guess people know it has some cool areas, but I'm pretty sure it has more of a rep for being a backwards state politically (it is).

I still defend California and Texas even though I haven't lived in either for years.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
The only complaints I've ever heard about Colorado is that it snows too much and that people don't know how to drive in the snow. Other than that, everyone keeps wanting to move here or come visit the mountains, to smoke weed, or hit up the ski lodges in Vail or Aspen. Still a bit too white, but it's getting more diverse all the time.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Washington state so as far as progressive prople sure. Amongst a lot of the country I'd assume mixed?

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
Georgia, so it depends.
There's an extremely hard break between Atlanta and the rest of Georgia.