• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

OldDirtyGamer

Apr 14, 2019
I dont really go out of my way to get achievements anymore but I currently have a 93k gamerscore and would like to hit 100k by the end of this gen . I think that would be a fitting end !
I think I have a pretty good chance especially with gamepass and a bunch of games coming the next 10 months or so I'd like to play.

How about you guys ? Ive been gathering gamerscore since it began , curious to know how high some of you are :)

Seraphis Cain

Oct 25, 2017
Several years ago, when I first started chasing platinum trophies, I told myself I just wanted to get 10, then I'd stop.

And that's exactly what I did. Once I hit 10, I stopped actively chasing them. I've only gotten four in the years since then, and those have all been games I enjoyed enough that getting the platinum didn't feel like work.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Nope lol.

I do however, find myself being compelled to beat my friends in the monthly achievements leaderboards though.

hydro94530

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area
Nope! But I will say achievements/trophies have gotten me to do things in games I normally wouldn't have which is cool.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
The idea of chasing achievements just to chase them- especially across multiple games just to raise your console profile score- is like Lovecraftian, existential horror to me.

I only chase achievements I feel are worth my time and a reasonable and fun challenge. I still need to 100% Thumper. Working through lvl 8.

Quint75

Mar 6, 2019
I have never once in my life paid attention to or chased achievements or medals in video games. The entire practice of that boggles my mind. But obviously lots of folks do it, so go for it if it floats your boat.

Zolbrod

Oct 27, 2017
Osaka, Japan
No, but I like to get at least 50% of the Trophies/Achievements of each game I play.
Anything less than that makes me feel like I missed too much, haha.

Graefellsom

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
When I had an xbox I never really cared for the total score I just wanted to try to get all the achievements on the games I liked.

Now I'm mostly a playstation player the same is true. I have very few platinums and the number next to my profile seems meaningless to me. But I do like the trophy totals for plat/gold/silver/bronze

demi

Oct 27, 2017
FxEZPfK.jpg

500k I guess? Haha just kidding who plays for Gamerscore

XrossExam

Nov 1, 2017
I don't care about gamerscore, but that's because I don't play on Xbox anymore. I occasionally will chase a Platinum in a game if I really enjoy the game and it doesn't feel incredibly tedious to do. Other than that I don't care, there always will be some "work" involved in Platinuming/100%ing a game, but it should still be generally fun to you, otherwise, what's the point?

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
A few years back I kinda migrated from having OCD for clearing games, to a focus on just getting through a large number of games per year.
Largely I don't try to clear games any more. Also, I never really cared about the gamerscore number much in the first place, it was all about getting full completions on games.

angelgrievous

Middle fingers up
Nov 8, 2017
Ohio
I'd like to get the platinum trophy in all the Souls type games from Fromsoftware. I have:

• Demons Souls NA
  • Demons Souls EU
  • Dark Souls
  • Dark Souls Remastered
  • Dark Souls 3
  • Bloodborne
Need Dark Souls 2, Dark Souls 2: SOTFS, and Sekiro.

*Edit: I'd also like to get the Platinum trophies in all the MGS games. Have:

• MGS 3
  • MGS V
Need: MGS: Peace Walker, MGS 2, MGS 4

FaffEra

Chicken Chaser
Nov 8, 2017
UK
I used to get platinums in every God of war game and every souls game. Don't really care anymore.

I got to 50k GS this month so that's a nice milestone. Looking at the true achievements decade profile scrape, I play Xbox like 2 months a year so cool I guess.

VirtuaModel

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm a little over 10,000 away from 100,000, and I'm going to try and hit that number exactly. I'll just continue playing games normally until I get close, though. I think it would be cool to hit it before the Series X launches, but that should happen without special effort.

Oct 25, 2017
I kind of enjoy competing with my friends on TrueAchievements, but mostly it's a proxy for finishing up my queue of games. In that sense, caring that I can't 100% certain games is helpful as a way of excluding some games I'd get but never play and keep my list down.

The TA ratios are a bit better than the gamerscore leaderboards at this point because they take into account difficulty.

It's also kind of funny to look at my lifetime stats and see how the curve of my streaks and gamerscore accumulation match different points of my life (applying for jobs out of college, working from home, etc.)

Thanathorn

Dec 10, 2019
I'm 10,000 away from 200,000. Can't see myself ever reaching 300,000 so it'll probably be my final big milestone. I'll still enjoy getting achievements though.

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
Always gotta love the people who drop in to demean people who like achievements/trophies...Really classy.

My goal was always 100k. Ever since hitting that, I stopped paying attention. I more so just like to get at least 60% of trophies/achievements in a game if possible.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Hell no, gamerscore is pointless, except as a very loose indicator of your Xbox gaming history.

It's fun to watch achievements pop, but the people who grind for them are wasting their time. There's always going to be someone with an insanely higher score.

I like Halo 3 style achievements that gives you fun challenges to aim for. They add to the game. The number itself is meaningless though.

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
My goal used to be 100,000 but I hit that a few years ago. Now I'd just like to even my GS out to a 0 or 5 again because stupid Overcooked gave me a 1 GS achievement and I hate it.

nny

Oct 25, 2017
I recently broke 10.000 trophies, I'm sitting at 75% profile completion - I'd say my next goals would be to get to 80% completion or complete 500 games (at 358 right now).

Oct 25, 2017
I hit 100k on the 360 and then pretty much stopped caring about achievements. I also switched to the ps4 and trophies just don't feel as compelling to me.

MakgSnake

Dec 18, 2019
Canada
I don't have a goal but I am always trying to get as many achievements and trophies as possible.

I guess I do.. Want to reach 100K on Xbox and Level 25 on PlayStation lol But won't actually work towards it. Will just play games and try to get achievements and enjoy the game.

gebler

Oct 27, 2017
Not gamerscore, but I remember having trophy level 13 as a goal for a while. Why 13? Well, it felt special at the time, because the requirement curve gets much steeper at that point. Going from level 12 to 13 takes 8000 trophy points, whereas going from level 11 to 12 only took 2000 points.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Not really a "goal". I just want to get my Gamerscore back to a round number. I think it was RockBand or RockSmith that screwed it up so my GS ends in a 3, or 8 depending on things. I just need a 2 point achievement then it can go back to ending on 0 or 5.

Deleted member 9486

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Nope. I don't even have any idea what my gamer and trophy score are. There's been very few times I've chased any trophies/achievements, and those have just been times I really enjoyed a game and got bored with just replaying it and wanted to have some "reason" to play more.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Going for trophy level 50, it's been my goal since 2008 when it was the original level cap. I am thinking about "retiring" after that, but I doubt it will happen honestly. 4 levels to go.

Zushin

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I had 20k GS before switching to PS back in the day. Got 45 plat since and now am back to Xbox at currently at 35k so... maybe 50k? Idk. I feel like the compulsion to hunt achievements/trophies is less on Xbox because there's no "platinum" equivalent. I prefer it like this. Means I spend less time thinking about it haha.

ImaLawy3r

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 6, 2019
No, for me chasing after achievements and trophies ruin the experience of the game and feels less natural.

Kneefoil

Oct 25, 2017
If you don't have at least a 500k Gamerscore, don't ever talk to me. You're not a real gamer.

I could not care less about achievements, trophies or Gamerscores

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
I don't even know what my gamerscore is, and I love achievements and trophies.

I know what my trophy level is but fucked if I know what that actually represents. By and large, I only care about achievements or trophies on a per-game basis, not as an overall "career" aggregate.

Oct 27, 2017
When I was vaguely into gamerscore my goal was to get it back to a nice round number again after those 2 points in the orange box buggered it all up.

I think I have up chasing gamerscore at around the 40,000 mark and I've never had any interest in trophies. The only platinum I've ever got was Days Gone.

iceblade

Oct 25, 2017
I hit my goal last year - I wanted to get at 1 trophy per day. Now I just want to keep it around that level. It's not that hard to do and it motivates me to play more games , which is a good thing.