• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Stupid question that I can't seem to find a straight answer to, do you have to pay for using Bumble? I know the app is free, I've got it, I've swiped, it says I have matches, but I have to pay to see them.

Is this some bullshit attempt to trick me into paying? I thought the other party has to start conversations with dudes on Bumble, so a "match" doesn't mean anything, right? I'd still see any incoming conversation for free, right?

Plywood

Does not approve of this tag
Oct 25, 2017
No. Either the person swiped on you but is now out of your radius so it's on you to now swipe them or they're just advertising the feature in an attempt to get you to pay. Yes, it's scummy.

Also yes the other party starts the conversation, but prior to that, you'll be able to still view their profile/photos if you two match.

Elderly Parrot

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Aug 13, 2018
They exist they are just deep in the stack or out of your area. Max out your radius and give it a roll. Have you traveled recently.

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
It's notifying you that someone liked you. They'll be shuffled at random into your swipe queue, unless you filter them out based on range or preference. If you pay for premium, you can see everyone whose liked you immediately.

Ensorcell

Oct 27, 2017
No, I've met people through Bumble and don't pay anything. You just have to watch out for the typical catfishing stuff.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Stupid question that I can't seem to find a straight answer to, do you have to pay for using Bumble? I know the app is free, I've got it, I've swiped, it says I have matches, but I have to pay to see them.

Is this some bullshit attempt to trick me into paying? I thought the other party has to start conversations with dudes on Bumble, so a "match" doesn't mean anything, right? I'd still see any incoming conversation for free, right?

No.

Those aren't matches, those are people who have swiped right on your profile. If you see their profile and swipe right, they're then matches.

You can pay to jump right to them, apparently, but I never have.

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
Basically when you get a notification that someone liked you, swipe right on everyone until it hits, it'll likely be within the first 7 profiles they show you.

Or if you don't swipe right on everyone and get far enough in without matching, then you know it was one of the ones you passed on.

OP
OP
BossAttack

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Alright, gotcha. Now it makes sense.

Basically when you get a notification that someone liked you, swipe right on everyone until it hits, it'll likely be within the first 7 profiles they show you.

Or if you don't swipe right on everyone and get far enough in without matching, then you know it was one of the ones you passed on.

Ahhhh.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Unless you have empathy towards people you might ghost, if the aim is to get as many matches as possible for a larger pool of candidates, there's not really any strategic value in not swiping on everyone. There's no swipe limit like Tinder.

Doran

Jun 9, 2018
I paid for Tinder and Bumble, the conspiracy theorist part of my brain said the app will be nicer to me if i do, been in a happy relationship for over a year now.

BeatnikGunso

Oct 25, 2017
out of all the dating apps out there bumble is the least worthy of paying for. (in terms of features) I paid for a week and besides seeing who liked me nothing really changed.