• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Do you hit preview before posting

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

zoabs

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 7, 2018
Only when using quotes, spoilers, or other formatting, otherwise no, which is evident by my many typos.

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sometimes, if I'm making a huge post with lots of embedded stuff in, yeah. I also type with tags, so the preview is a good way to make sure they're all closed properly and the message is formatted correctly.

Deleted member 2533

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Only if I'm doing some funky formatting, otherwise I just... re-read what I wrote in the text box.

Oct 29, 2017
When I put links to other sites I always preview to check that the links are to the right addresses. Which is probably 30% of my posts.

Grug

Oct 26, 2017
Hell no. Live dangerously.

AekJwIa.gif

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
All of ya that post youtube videos should so you can test whether or not it plays when embedded on era.

If it doesn't, include a link.

Shopolic

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Only if I want to post pics or videos or something special(!), other than that, no.

C.Mongler

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Washington, DC
When I'm just posting text, no. When I'm adding quotes and spoilers and otherwise making a post with formatting, yeah usually. Not previewing this one for example and send

Introvert

Nov 5, 2017
Usually I hit preview then I have my mom read it over for her opinion on if it sounds good.

XSystem

Apr 1, 2019
As others have stated, if it's more than two sentences I hit preview, even if the post still only consists of text.
I always proofread and edit what I write however, sometimes multiple times, it's just ingrained in me.

Deleted member 10726

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
ResetERA
I write my post, I proofread the preview, then I post it and edit it like 500 times.

Mods must be shaking their heads when they decide to read through my edits.

Deleted member 19003

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I never do, but probably should. I'm a serial editor fixing typos and adding additional context instead.