• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Do you like mayo cake?

• Yes.

Votes: 45 15.8%
  • No.

Votes: 47 16.5%
  • I have not had it.

Votes: 193 67.7%

• Total voters

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017
Debate among people tonight:

Do you like mayo cake?

I say it is fine, and a simple substitute for eggs. Others say it is disgusting.

Context:
The bleak breadline years of the Great Depression produced the ghastly sounding Mayonnaise Cake. "People were just trying to make do using mayo instead of eggs and oil," says Byrn. "Manufacturers even put the recipe on the mayo containers.

Mayo has both oil and eggs which is normally used in cake making, except in mayo it is already mixed together.

Mayonnaise-Cake-24.png

snapcracken

Oct 25, 2017
All mayonnaise is, is a mixture of oil, egg and some form of acid.

All of which are normal cake ingredients.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
mayo has been used in baking for a long ass time

that being said, i dont have that much of a sweet tooth

OP
OP
SweetNicole

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017
Poll needs a "but why" option.

The bleak breadline years of the Great Depression produced the ghastly sounding Mayonnaise Cake. "People were just trying to make do using mayo instead of eggs and oil," says Byrn. "Manufacturers even put the recipe on the mayo containers.

Mayo has both oil and eggs which is normally used in cake making, except in mayo it is already mixed together.

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
This is even more radical than the chicken tender wars

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Do you like Blueberry Mac n Cheese?

dessert-mac-n-cheese6.jpg
You know what, I have a friend whose Facebook page has become a bastion of terrible foods people ruin for no good reason at all other than that they are terrible people with terrible tastes, because her horrified reactions are the best.

This belongs there.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Some of y'all are in here acting like this is the end times, when a simple googlin' would tell you this is a whole thing that people do.

I mean, I wouldn't (because why would I) but the blueberry mac and cheese is the abomination here. Direct your ire properly.

Zhukov

Banned
Dec 6, 2017
I mean... I'd try it if someone handed me a slice.

It doesn't actually taste like mayo does it?

OP
OP
SweetNicole

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017

Pantaghana

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Croatia
Who wouldn't want a layered bologna cake with mayonnaise and mustard icing?

dSr82KL.png

I can feel my arteries clogging up already.

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
how bad did you want to make threads like this while you were an admin

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
Not I, sir Science Doggo. None of that for this monkey. I don't even put mayo in my spinach dip. Mayo's nasty.
i used to really dislike mayo when i was younger, but ive gotten to like it when it comes to recipes, mixed with other ingredients

can't make a good fry sauce without it

i'd never eat mayo alone, though. my sisters used to dip their fries in mayo, that's not my jazz

OP
OP
SweetNicole

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017
Do the cakes taste like vinegar?

no it just makes it moist

i used to really dislike mayo when i was younger, but ive gotten to like it when it comes to recipes, mixed with other ingredients

can't make a good fry sauce without it

i'd never eat mayo alone, though. my sisters used to dip their fries in mayo, that's not my jazz

mayo alone for fries is gross
mayo for cooking (and fry sauce) is perfectly fine
aren't they selling ketchup+mayo mixtures now straight out of the bottle?