• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

LordDraven

Banned
Jan 23, 2019
can someone help me here? are my mods installed correctly? one is listed as "unmanaged" , a bunch are under the 'overwrite' section, and a bunch are not on the right panel but are installed...

WWR6DKQ.jpg

TissueBox

Oct 25, 2017
Urinated States of America
can someone help me here? are my mods installed correctly? one is listed as "unmanaged" , a bunch are under the 'overwrite' section, and a bunch are not on the right panel but are installed...

WWR6DKQ.jpg

Hmmm they look more or less right, some mods don't use .esm or .esp plugins so they won't have any on the plugin list. And being that Enderal is the original master plug-in (aka like the base for all the others, since they need it to be implemented in the first place) it's distinct from an actual 'mod' which is probably why it's listed as unmanaged. Not sure what you mean by 'overwrite' though.... Is this Vortex?

TissueBox

Oct 25, 2017
skyrim mod organizer 2. as for overwrite, look above realistic water two, you'll see overwrite

Yeah upon a closer look it seems there may be a discrepancy or two, but I'm not sure if it's to do with the program's interface or something else as I don't really have experience with Mod Organizer 2. xP I don't know if those icons under the 'flag' column are good or bad but if it's the latter then maybe something went wrong during installation.... it could be that your mods are clashing with each other because they're not compatible, hence why some are being overwritten and whatnot as implied. If that's the case you may have to try uninstalling them then re-installing them from the bottom up again without the conflicting groupings..

Teiresias

Oct 27, 2017
Yah, though I kinda wanna play it now. Anyone know if it's hard to get working without steam?

I believe you have to install it differently depending on whether you have Steam Oblivion or Disc Oblivion, but otherwise I believe Nehrim has its own installer that does all of the initial data copying/transferring required. With Steam Oblivion you have to do the install into another directory and then basically cut and paste that directory into you Steam Oblivion directory since it can't run outside the actual Oblivion directory in the Steam version for some reason I can't recall - it makes it hard to keep a Nehrim and Oblivion install at the same time.

One reason I loved Enderal is because it has one of the best gay romances in a game I've ever seen implemented.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
For Enderal, if I wanted to, would it be as simple as cloning my mod order in MO, then installing enderal over it, allowing my existing mods to move over to the FC, or does it make sense to treat Enderal as a new game and specifically pluck mods for it?

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
The story is getting more and more interesting the further I go. I meet lots of new characters too along the way, from story and side quests.

For Enderal, if I wanted to, would it be as simple as cloning my mod order in MO, then installing enderal over it, allowing my existing mods to move over to the FC, or does it make sense to treat Enderal as a new game and specifically pluck mods for it?
Enderal is a new game, and lots of mods aren't compatible and/or would need an additional patch to make them work with Enderal. So I don't recommend doing that.

Briareos

Oct 28, 2017
Maine
More rambly notes...

I'm around level 19 and finished the Aged Man bits, etc., and have been doing some side-quests like the general store. Probably running into a crash every four hours or so but not too bad. Finally getting far enough up the skill trees to re-establish my Skyrim playstyle with bow +crit/+2.5x sneak/freeze time on draw, etc. Now putting more points into elementalism to give me a backup for handling groups of enemies. Accumulating tons of learning/crafting points but having a hard time figuring out how much of my money I should spend on books.

In general the scope of the work is still pretty staggering, especially the variety of voice acting. I do wish the story was a little less tropey in places, from the grand save the world storyline to the
demon is trapped inside of me
character line. As someone who works in the industry, would love to talk to the dev team about how they put it together, organized themselves remotely, source control, etc.

I ran into a serious break with this quest including failure to progress as well as large chunks of world geometry not loading/streaming. Playing around with trying to get it to work to advance the progress, doing some save/load shenanigans.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Does the author plan on making the mod compatible with the Special Edition of the game, perhaps including the Xbox One X release?

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
The story is getting more and more interesting the further I go. I meet lots of new characters too along the way, from story and side quests.

Enderal is a new game, and lots of mods aren't compatible and/or would need an additional patch to make them work with Enderal. So I don't recommend doing that.

I ended up just making another one and using mods that would make sense, like quick loot and water2.

nillansan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denmark
Since I am going to put my play-through of Enderal on hold and wait for the standalone release of Nehrim on Steam, I am going to start on yet another play-through of Morrowind. Any recommended mods?

Buttzerker

Powerhouse Protector / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Since I am going to put my play-through of Enderal on hold and wait for the standalone release of Nehrim on Steam, I am going to start on yet another play-through of Morrowind. Any recommended mods?

I might be mis remembering the name but I think theres a fantastic modpack called Ornithopter That has its own installer and everything for a ton of visual and bug fixing mods without messing with the game play too much so it makes a good foundation.

nillansan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denmark
I might be mis remembering the name but I think theres a fantastic modpack called Ornithopter That has its own installer and everything for a ton of visual and bug fixing mods without messing with the game play too much so it makes a good foundation.

Sounds great, thanks for the suggestion, I'll check it out! I've been looking into Morrowind Rebirth, but I can't decide whether the changes are too drastic or not...

Briareos

Oct 28, 2017
Maine
Finally finished this after 75 hours. Overall really wonderful to run around in my favorite type of game, open world RPG. That said...

The last quarter or so when the main quest takes over really drags and is pretty unfortunate--I'm really yearning for an RPG that doesn't fall prey to these savior of the world tropes so that I don't have to sit through all of this janky scripting ("ran ahead of NPC and they're not following, time ot run back to trigger scripting"), linear mission design ("these doors are inactive"), and tedious exposition. You know your storytelling is suffering when the game's idle camera activates while you're sitting through the non-skippable dialogue sequences. I ended up doing chores while occasionally pressing 'e' to advance the tree, and some of the exposition is non-interactive for several minutes. In a more charitable interpretation, that final ridiculous sequence with
The Black Guardian is them taking the piss on 'deus ex machina' I suppose. With a little Ultima VII reference? The Starling spheres seemed to be a it of homage to Bioshock, natch.

The world and the exploration thereof is good enough to carry the game! Don't fall prey to second-rate fantasy nonsense!

Still an amazing achievement for a total conversion. Kudos and thanks to the team for making it. Going to go donate some money to them.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAND DONE! LAWD! I was not expecting that to be an 83 hour game, holy shit.

Man. That was great. I did not like the level up system at all, it was janky as fuck sometimes, I hated the city design, the game clearly was made before people understood how to wrangle havoc physics with higher framerates....

BUT MAN. That was...fucking excellent. FUCKING EXCELLENT.

DO YOU LIKE SKYRIM? DO YOU WISH SKYRIM HAD A BETTER STORY? PLAY THIS FUCKING GAME!

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
I tried this when it was new but it ran shitty on my old graphic card and it was also rather buggy. I am 3 hours in and had no problems so far and I am really enjoying it. I always got bored of Nehrim for some reason. The world just felt so lifeless and there was a lot of boring walking around and everything was ugly because of Oblivion engine. This doesn't seem to be a problem in Enderal for now. Game looks good enough, even in 2019 and the overall playability is good. Exploring is fun and rewarding. Not the biggest fan of no fast travel and the healing system. But it's basically Elder Scrolls x Gothic - so some things are more "hardcore". I will get used to the slower playstyle I guess. Really like the story and lore so far.

TissueBox

Oct 25, 2017
*pop*

Just a friendly reminder to all in the interim between V and VI and painfully deprived of a big, narrative-driven WRPG in the skin of an Elder Scrolls game:

THIS EXISTS.

+ - + - + - +

Webp-net-resizeimage-7.jpg

+ - + - + - +

Have a merry-if-you-can day!