• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ernest

Oct 25, 2017
So.Cal.
Even though I have a much better night's sleep alone, I do prefer it when my SO sleeps over, or when I sleep at her place.
She really likes it too, except when I snore. And sometimes, she'll give me almost no room in the bed - but then those are small reasons why it's just easier to sleep alone, but it does feel nicer sleeping together.

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sometimes during the winter, I'll wake up cold with the blankets wrapped completely around my wife. Other than that annoyance, I love sharing a bed with her.

Tremis

Oct 29, 2017
It's interesting.

You get some people who get married or otherwise start living together and think incorrectly (probably for cultural reasons) that one of the main ways to show intimacy is to share a bed.

Only to later find out that one or the other is not a great bed partner for sleeping. I.e. One or other or both are light sleepers or move a lot. Sleep become slowly disrupted which breeds resentment. One or both partners don't want to say anything about it relating to the idea that it's not right to not share a bed and it become a major conscious or unconscious sticking point for them.

Can be a subtle relationship killer.

The Boat

Oct 28, 2017
Luckily we have separate rooms. We have very different schedules, we're both light sleepers, she's cold, I'm hot, I have crazy insomnia and started snoring, so sleeping together sucks and we only do it on occasion. Also it's really good to have our own private spaces. The notion that sleeping together is tied to love is idiotic, especially when it can actually be detrimental to the relationship and sleep hygiene. Do whatever works for you and don't assume that applies to everyone.

Last edited:

GatsGatsby

Oct 27, 2017
West Columbia, SC
Not really lol if I had room for a King size bed it would be better. My queen size its ok but we both toss and turn and it can get bad. He also creates a lot of heat and I can only snuggle so long before I'm suffocating.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
Try sleeping with your wife with a 4 year old who's afraid to sleep alone right between you. I basically teeter on the edge of the bed every night and wake up with a sore back. I even bought this kid a rad Jeep bed and he still won't sleep in it!

as for my wife, aside from her snoring sometimes, I like sharing a bed. She is a blanket hog though so we have two set of blankets on one King bed to prevent this.

Garth2000

Oct 27, 2017
We have a king sized bed and a spare room with a queen. 90% of the time we are in the same bed, and it's awesome for all kinds of reasons.

That said, that second bed is critical as we both snore pretty bad (her more than me since I started using a CPAP), or if someone is sick or has a very different schedule for the next day. It means we are both getting a good nights sleep no matter what.

It's nice to have the bed to myself sometimes, even though I stay in my spot and don't sprawl out

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not always, no.

I see the benefits of one of those sitcom situations where they have separate beds lol

Daingurse

Oct 25, 2017
I really thought I would struggle sharing a bed with someone, because I always had trouble falling asleep with my little Bichon in the bed. But surprisingly, I sleep like a baby next to my girlfriend lol. I love that woman to death, and her presence alone puts me at ease.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I take very little space when I used to sleep by myself or if she's at her parents, so yeah I love it. She wants my warmth and being cuddled is great.

Deleted member 14663

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seperate rooms, seperate beds, since a few months ago and it has been amazing for sleep quality. We both feel a bunch better because of it.
We sleep together a few times a month as well, or snuggle up in the morning for a few hours from time to time.

It's pretty great, we both have our own tv's and do our own stuff right before bed, I like to play games, she likes to watch some netflix etc..

Deleted member 8741

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yes. I mean sometimes she talks in her sleep or knees me, so that's no fun. But overall she's adorable and I love it.

rockinreelin

Oct 27, 2017
I had a very vivid dream last night that I was in a dark room and somebody threw a noose around my neck and started to hang me.

Yo, you may have sleep apnea. Dreams in which you are choking/drowning or the like can indicate a sleep apnea issue. Your mind plays some strange tricks on you when you aren't breathing while dreaming. Ask your partner if you snore a lot.

Sai

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
I like my space when I'm actually sleeping (aka we ain't gonna be cuddling in our sleep), but just having her there next to me is really comfortable and I love to see her when I wake up.

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
Yeah, I don't mind. It feels weird on nights I fall asleep before him and he's not there.

And it's me, him, and our two dogs sharing the queen sized mattress and I wouldn't have it any other way. It feels complete.

Though I might invest in a king soon because I'm greedy.

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
eh. not really, we dont even share the same blanket because she hogs the comforter and manages to wrap herself in it. we stopped sharing a blanket a year ago and I've been able to stay covered and warm since.

Adam_Roman

Oct 25, 2017
I like it. She doesn't stay over every night but the once or twice a week she does is really nice. I feel a lot calmer sleeping next to her and even though I'll wake up through the night more often than when I'm by myself, I can usually get back to sleep quicker. I have a split king bed so we have a clear dividing line so nobody goes too far over and takes the others' space, but it's also really nice because I move a lot in my sleep and it reduces the motion transfer so she doesn't get woken up when I re-adjust.

TheKeipatzy

Oct 30, 2017
California for now
I miss it everyday... I had a horrible marriage, but those last couple weeks when she wasn't in the bed with me we're the loneliest I felt and the point I knew she rather be anywhere but near me.

Oddly, I have a lady friend who wants the same... But just aren't compatible :(

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
I like sharing my bed with my cats, that's about the closest thing I'll ever get to a living, breathing thing sharing my bed with šŸ˜…

atomsk eater

Oct 25, 2017
We have a big enough bed that we don't feel constrained or uncomfortable, and we're heavy enough sleepers that one of us getting out of bed or moving around won't wake the other. Personally I really like sleeping next to someone.

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
Overall I love it, but:

-Regardless of bed size I always end up with the tiniest sliver of bed, while she's dead center if not more with 3 to 4 feet of bed being unused on her side.
-She's a million degrees when she sleeps, so we just end up partying anyway when we fall asleep because it gets uncomfortable. Leading to..
-Regardless of weather or thermostat setting, she has to sleep with a fan running. So I just end up turning away anyway cause it's just blowing in my face and making me stuffy.

Even with those "issues" I'd never not want to sleep in the same bed with her though. Yes, everyone is different, but those separate bed or worse, separate room stories feel weird as hell to me.

Cilla

Oct 29, 2017
Queensland, Australia
Yes I love it. Love sex. Love talking at night. Love cuddling up. Love waking up and he's there. It's just so wonderful and intimate. I hate sleeping away from him.

nitewulf

Nov 29, 2017
I always let my partners rest their head on my chest, use me as a pillow basically. I'm very used to that posture.

lenovox1

Oct 26, 2017
Listen I understand the benefits of a shared bed for making the beast with two backs but sharing a bed and sleeping next to someone? I just wanna be alone yknow I want to stretch and have the freedom of sleeping in whatever fucked up goblin esq deformed and contorted ginyu force pose i want.

What about you guys?

Two twin xls = a king. Split and bring together the beds as needed.

Wojo

Oct 28, 2017
Buffalo
Also sleeping in the same bed with your partner when one you is sick with a cold or the flu is just plain ignorant. Nothing says I love you more than a passing a cold to them right???

Christo750

May 10, 2018
Lately it's like either one of us has inconsistent sleep. We rarely both have great nights of sleep at once. We also both snore occasionally. I love waking up next to her; it's a joy in life I've always wanted, but we also just stayed in a DC hotel room Thursday night with 2 full-size beds and I loooved it hahaha.

Apparently two beds next to each other is coming back with younger couples. Could honestly be in our future hahah.

Rbk_3

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No, we sleep in different rooms. I sleep like shit to begin with. Sharing a bed with someone just makes it that much worse. Once we started doing it there is no going back, and we are both happy with it.

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017
I sleep better with my partner next to me. I do like having a king size bed so we can both have space to ourselves if we like though. We also each have our own blankets .

Golden

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 9, 2018
Yes I do, though I don't like sleeping in each others arms etc as it is too hot and it feels too heavy (though my wife is tiny).

I absolutely love when my kids sleep in our bed. They tend to be much more obnoxious than an adult, squash me, lean on my face, grab my face, grab my beard etc. Despite all this I find it very soothing to have them around and I will always sleep really well.

nullref

Oct 27, 2017
My wife and I actually slept on a double for years, just out of resistance to going out and getting a new bed. She loved the constant physical contact, but I couldn't take it anymoreā€”neither of us are especially petite, and my wife sleeps extremely hot. We have a king-sized bed now, which is much better for me. She misses the intimacy of the smaller bed, though, and she says she doesn't sleep well unless I'm in the bed next to her.

Darren Lamb

Dec 1, 2017
Nah, I've always been a light sleeper and would probs prefer my own bed if it wasn't relationship limiting

We have a king bed and put a pillow in the middle that we call the Berlin Wall so we stay on our sides

flyover

Oct 26, 2017
I absolutely love when my kids sleep in our bed. They tend to be much more obnoxious than an adult, squash me, lean on my face, grab my face, grab my beard etc. Despite all this I find it very soothing to have them around and I will always sleep really well.
I love this. It's not me at all. But, reading it, I kind of wish it was.

Oct 27, 2017
I do yeah. Currently my 5 month old son also sleeps in our bed which I don't mind, but he's very easy to disturb which isn't great. If he'd sleep properly then I'd be happy out.

He also has a twin brother who sleeps by himself but if that habit is broken then we could be in trouble...

Ash735

Banned
Sep 4, 2018
Yes, we like the intimacy, especially cuddling and spooning, we miss that when we're apart.