• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Stalker

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Listen I understand the benefits of a shared bed for making the beast with two backs but sharing a bed and sleeping next to someone? I just wanna be alone yknow I want to stretch and have the freedom of sleeping in whatever fucked up goblin esq deformed and contorted ginyu force pose i want.

What about you guys?

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
No problem as long as they don't try to get all handsy on me in my sleep. Hard to sleep with someone on top of me.

Unless it's a dog or a cat.

Tzarscream

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I had a very vivid dream last night that I was in a dark room and somebody threw a noose around my neck and started to hang me.

I woke up very upset and it was very comforting to have my SO sleeping next to me so I could give her a quick hug and fall back to sleep.

So yes, I like it.

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
When a relationship starts I have to get used to sleeping with someone again. When the relationship ends I have to get used to sleeping alone again. I think I prefer the company, though.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah. I think sharing a bed with someone you love is pretty important. At a point, if you start doing things seperating, you're not partners, you're just, well, ya know, good friends.

shadoclone

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I love cuddling up to my GF to sleep, but I apparently push a huge amount of body heat so she's always pushing me away in the summer lol. We both love non-sexual intimacy and physical closeness just as much as sexual though so we love sharing a bed.

weekev

Is this a test?
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I struggle to sleep when she is on night shift. A quick cuddle before sleep and on waking is nice too. Def prefer sleeping next to her.

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
I had a very vivid dream last night that I was in a dark room and somebody threw a noose around my neck and started to hang me.

I woke up very upset and it was very comforting to have my SO sleeping next to me so I could give her a quick hug and fall back to sleep.

So yes, I like it.

This. There's nothing better than being able to cuddle up against your SO if you wake up from a bad dream.

Also, a King's size bed (200x200cm) should fit two people easily?

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
As long as I'm not robbed of blankets, and aren't shoved to the edge because she's sprawled like a starfish, I love it. Honestly, I'm at my happiest when she's asleep, and I see our two cats sleeping next to us.

OP
OP
Stalker

Stalker

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
My problems are insanely exacerbated by my partner being 6 and a half month pregnant and this time she's a rotund sphere or aches, pains and anger.

Larrikin

Oct 25, 2017
Hard nope. I'm a very active sleeper and often wake up with pillows/sheets in all sorts of radical places including across the room. I even wake up upside down on the bed sometimes. I would never want subject my partner to that, and we are happy with separate bedrooms. Holidays are tough because while I would normally thrash with reckless abandon, I end up half-waking to ensure I don't do anything too crazy.

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
I'm in a long distance relationship, I got to sleep next to my girlfriend for a few days when we went to Anime Expo 2 years ago and it was the best feeling ever. We don't have any time to visit eachother due to IRL stuff and won't be able to visit much until we can move in together, and it's one of the things I'm looking forward to the most in the upcoming years.

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
The last thing i want to do after working 12-14 hours a day running a business is to snuggle i want pass the fuck out so i always prefer an empty bed but if the wife wants snuggles the wife is gonna get some snuggles.

GoutPatrol

Oct 30, 2017
I think I heard it here before, but getting two comforters instead of trying to share one saved my sleep. No more fighting, we can be our own cocoons.

Oct 27, 2017
I would, but we're in our forties and she gets all hot and sweaty if anyone comes anywhere near her. We really only use the bed together for what you might imagine, otherwise I sleep on the couch in the living room. I bought a nice cushy one for that express purpose. Thing is, I keep odd hours and don't sleep much. Any noise or motion wakes her up like an angry bear. I'm always getting up to putter around the house, or go to the office or out for a walk.

It's just better this way. I hate feeling like I need to stay still and be quiet. Tonight I got like 3 hours sleep and now I'm wide awake so I'm playing a little RDR2 before heading into work. I'd love to snuggle up with her in bed, but it just makes it so she can't sleep and I can't get up every few hours and wander around.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Listen I understand the benefits of a shared bed for making the beast with two backs but sharing a bed and sleeping next to someone? I just wanna be alone yknow I want to stretch and have the freedom of sleeping in whatever fucked up goblin esq deformed and contorted ginyu force pose i want.

What about you guys?

We have a California King, lots of space

Lashes.541

Dec 18, 2017
Roseburg Oregon
The one thing I miss the most about being divorced is sleeping next to someone lol. Yes it was annoying getting pushed off the bed or having the blankets stolen, but I have been single for almost ten years and I would give anything to be sleeping next to someone.

Daysean

Nov 15, 2017
Loved it when i had it, but i got that King Size for a reason

Let me tell you, never sleep with two other people in a Queen size, learned my lesson that night

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Of course. For me it's some of the best intimacy, and it also helps with having good, constant habits before going to sleep. (Vs. Looking at shit on the phone and ruining your sleep)

Fusionfrenzy

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 2, 2019
Yeah I love it. She's often rocking a little thong and a cuddly top and then wiggles up against me while I'm asleep. I always wake up happy.

If I'm really tired I'll flip over away from her and she doesn't mind. It's a big enough bed.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
Me and my wife sleep in separate beds in the same room. We like it, gives us our space and we don't interrupt the other when we wake up or if we wake up during the night (which we both do, me more so than her)

We do sleep in the same bed when we go on holiday and we enjoy it but neither of us could do it long term I think.

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Sleeping separately has been shown to be way more healthy. Sleep is one of the most important things so...

Tap In

Oct 28, 2017
Gilbert AZ
Nope we have separate beds and separate bedrooms and our relationship is better for it 13 years going now.

We visit each other's rooms for the obvious intimacy and such besides I usually go to sleep 3 to 4 hours after her and it wakes her up.

we both like sleeping in the middle of the bed and decided we're happier this way and when she comes to my room it's like we're on a date LOL.

Tzarscream

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Me and my wife sleep in separate beds in the same room. We like it, gives us our space and we don't interrupt the other when we wake up or if we wake up during the night (which we both do, me more so than her)

We do sleep in the same bed when we go on holiday and we enjoy it but neither of us could do it long term I think.
To me, this is weird.

Baphomet

Banned
Dec 8, 2018
I can't sleep without her next to me in bed. I could not sleep that one time she had to stay overnight at the hospital, felt sad and alone.

OP
OP
Stalker

Stalker

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'd kind of find it extremely odd if my partner wanted a separate bed.
Linking arbitrary things to signs of how much someone loves you can be problematic. If you and your partner are both asleep it doesn't actually matter where it's happening, Do you love your partner less when you stand further away from them?

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
Again it depends person from person, you don't have yourself to like it

My sister and her boyfriend won't share a bed cause they both move a lot and it's just annoying for them to sleep in the same bed because of that, and they've been together for 8 years
I believe the more you separate in intimate things (unless you are super on the same page) then you'll eventually drift apart. My sister and her boyfriend did the same thing sort of, but then they got 2 separate couches, etc. Turns out for a while they were just good friends living as roommates til they pulled the bandaid and broke up. It's hard to dislocate yourself from social and cultural norms even if we try. It's even harder to find someone on the same page. People change with the ebb and flow of what we desire, so I think it's probably more beneficial to do things together rather than try and make things better by separating for things that can end up mattering to either one. Like, there's a bunch of stories where people say, "I should have recognized the signs", and one of the bigger ones is you don't do things together, lack of intimacy, etc. So, yeah, more power to them, but I'll still have that lingering thought, and I wouldn't be surprised if any party involved doesn't have that from time to time.

Linking arbitrary things to signs of how much someone loves you can be problematic. If you and your partner are both asleep it doesn't actually matter where it's happening, Do you love your partner less when you stand further away from them?

It isn't really arbitrary. I'd assume most people don't go to bed, be silent, and fall asleep immediately (barring circumstances like they're super exhausted or whatever), I'd assume most couples talk or relax in bed together before they sleep. I'd liken it to you both having different meal times throughout the day just because of reasons even though you could spend it together.