• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

vainya

Dec 28, 2017
New Jersey, USA
I hate living in NJ so much. I have never lived in any other state and I'd really like to. Unfortunately, my husband has a great job with the state that he isn't leaving any time soon. So I'm stuck.

Oct 20, 2018
Brazil
I live in Brazil... wish I didn't. Seriously though, the city I live in is fine, I'm just not a fan of my country. I've dreamed of living overseas ever since I was a kid and I still plan on doing it after I graduate.

Wetwork

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
Currently living in LA for a new job. No. Too many people, everything is close but it takes forever to get there, the smog ruins the skyline, and now I get charged for my grocery bags. Can't wait to get back out of here.

inner-G

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PNW
Tacoma WA, right down the interstate from you OP

I like it here

I've lived north of Seattle for most my life (excepting going to college in the bustling metropolis of Ellensburg) and love it. However, I won't be staying past when my kids graduate from high school in all likelihood because it's gotten far too expensive for housing. Last I checked it's expensive all the way up to Bellingham so I might go south. I haven't really looked into it much yet.
Good luck

You might have to look way South past Olympia depending on what you think is expensve. Prices have like at least doubled all around the Sound.

OrakioRob

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
I live in Brazil... wish I didn't. Seriously though, the city I live in is fine, I'm just not a fan of my country. I've dreamed of living overseas ever since I was a kid and I still plan on doing it after I graduate.

Same here. I live in Rio de Janeiro and it's... ok. Of course it's a beautiful city, but it's horribly dangerous. I'm considering moving to a smaller city in the near future, but sadly I can't run from the awful politicians people keep putting in charge of our country :(

Sep 28, 2019
I live in a small town in Maine. I don't really like it here all that much. There aren't really any good jobs here or really anything at all.

JustJavi

Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
My sister-in-law works at the American Embassy so they're stuck in Rabat, but I've loved my time all over the country. The Moroccan people are incredibly friendly, it's a shame the average American is clueless to just how much they have in common with them and most Muslims from the Middle East.

You know what, I kind of feel the same way with the spanish people, specially with the people from the northern regions. I totally recommend everyone who is not sure about the place or the moroccan people to travel around the country for a couple of weeks.

Trice

Banned
Nov 3, 2018
Croatia
It's beatiful but dead AF out of summer season. If you're a person that doesn't like city and urban life, it's perfection. Tourism pays well, you're pretty much set for life if you own some rental property and a nuclear war doesn't break out.

postira_dron02.jpg

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
I like where I live but I do wish it was closer to work. So I can either buy a place closer to work, which would cost over $1M or I could try to find a job closer to home. Given the housing prices option two is more likely in a few years.

Deleted member 1086

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Boise Area, Idaho
eh. I like how relatively cheap it is, and it's a beautiful area, but I'm not really a fan of the weather and I never have been. The whole area is going through growing pains too, and instead of preparing for it years ago the cities are panicking and starting to do all the roads at the same time, getting around is becoming a pain in the butt.

I've been off and on here in the Boise area since moving here with my parents from the Bay Area in 1994, but I still haven't figured out if this is the place I want to stay. I did enjoy my time out in Hampton Roads but I'm hesitant to go back there due to the military presence, it's kind of nice not to bump into dumbshit sailors in every store and restaurant. Was thinking maybe Las Vegas if I could find a job there. I don't know I'm still thinking about my options.

AcridMeat

Oct 26, 2017
Man I would trade the bay for Seattle in a heartbeat if feasible.

That said, I've got my own spot for the first time in my life so I'm pretty happy currently. Also a crazy short commute which is like winning the lottery in this area.

Nov 7, 2017
San Francisco is a great city (if you can afford it). Thankfully me and my wife have more than enough to live in the city.

Coming from Miami is like going from high school to college. I love visiting (from Nov-April) because of the sunny weather, beaches, Carribean/South American food that is kinda hard to find in NorCal but the people are very immature, machismo, and are surprisingly conservative for a major city. I feel more like an adult living in SF than I ever did in Miami if that make sense

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
What do you hate about it?

Weather, scenery, etc. I grew up in the north and like to spend a lot of time outside hiking, backpacking, running, etc.

Florida is flat, hot, and ugly. It was 84 degrees here the other day. There are no seasons, every day feels the same. Sunny and hot. For some people this may be fine, but I need seasons and weather that changes throughout the year. I also prefer the mountains, and once you go inland and away from the beaches, Florida is about as flat and ugly as it gets.

teruterubozu

Oct 28, 2017
No. Maine is like 98% white and besides fried seafood the food sucks. Plus winters are hell. After living in Tokyo, Los Angeles and New York, I feel like it's a special kind of hell here.

Deleted member 23850

Oct 28, 2017
No. Maine is like 98% white and besides fried seafood the food sucks. Plus winters are hell. After living in Tokyo, Los Angeles and New York, I feel like it's a special kind of hell here.

It's probably hard as hell to form good relationships with Mainers if you're not from there, is it?

Jan 2, 2018
Amsterdam. It's a nice city to live. Lots of stuff to do.

But it's getting too crowded and expensive now. Too many tourists. I will leave soon to build my own house in a nearby town.

jb1234

Very low key
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle. I enjoyed it quite a bit twenty years ago but it's changed too much, mostly not for the better. Crime is higher, most of my artist friends have been priced out and I'm struggling trying to make it work on my disability check, traffic is getting worse with each passing year. Our summers have been getting progressively hotter and the winters even rainier than usual (but it's hard to complain about that when it's happening everywhere else too). There's just way too many tech bros in Capitol Hill, a neighborhood that used to be far more eclectic and gay friendly (although there's still traces of the latter). Unfortunately, since all my family lives in this area and I need the support, I have to figure out ways to cope (and might move back in with mom).

teruterubozu

Oct 28, 2017
It's probably hard as hell to form good relationships with Mainers if you're not from there, is it?

In Maine people use the much-used term "From Away" to describe anybody not from Maine (i.e. "He's from away"). So yeah it was pretty rough going at first. I joined a band a couple of years ago and we play out a lot so that has helped me tremendously in getting more acquainted with Mainers, but yeah I'm still the Super Liberal Cali Guy with zero New England accent. lol. I've noticed that Mainers put up a very strong barrier at first, even wearing suspicion on their sleeves. But once they "know" you they open up very willingly. In Cali it was kinda the opposite, like EVERYONE is super warm and friendly when they first meet you then you start noticing the barriers later. lol.

Deleted member 12833

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Columbus, OH. Kind of sucks. Becoming another tech hole and rent is seeing significant increases. Construction is all day everyday. Not much to do but eat. Inner city is being gentrified and houses bought for $50k now cost $350k and are still right next door to the local trap house. OSU fans are annoying. Weather sucks. Would leave

Zukuu

Oct 30, 2017
Love it.
Relatively cheap, best public transportation, can walk to work and gyn, have a HUGE supermarket directly next to my house. Amazing night life - everything is open all night.

Deleted member 23850

Oct 28, 2017
In Maine people use the much-used term "From Away" to describe anybody not from Maine (i.e. "He's from away"). So yeah it was pretty rough going at first. I joined a band a couple of years ago and we play out a lot so that has helped me tremendously in getting more acquainted with Mainers, but yeah I'm still the Super Liberal Cali Guy with zero New England accent. lol. I've noticed that Mainers put up a very strong barrier at first, even wearing suspicion on their sleeves. But once they "know" you they open up very willingly. In Cali it was kinda the opposite, like EVERYONE was super warm and friendly when they first meet you then you start noticing the cracks later. lol.

One thing I do like about New England people, though, is how, once you get to know them, and they befriend you, they remain loyal to you. Which is something I like.

Oct 25, 2017
Weather, scenery, etc. I grew up in the north and like to spend a lot of time outside hiking, backpacking, running, etc.

Florida is flat, hot, and ugly. It was 84 degrees here the other day. There are no seasons, every day feels the same. Sunny and hot. For some people this may be fine, but I need seasons and weather that changes throughout the year. I also prefer the mountains, and once you go inland and away from the beaches, Florida is about as flat and ugly as it gets.
Also from the northern US and my first visit to Florida I couldn't believe how hard it was to breath for me. That heat and humidity is something else. Don't know how people do it (willingly that is).

Relix

Oct 25, 2017
Live in the outskirts of downtown Orlando.

I love the area around me.
People are nice.
Commute isn't that bad for me or my SO.
Lots of local places and a fantastic sense of community.
I have a lot of places walking distance. Hell, I can drunk at at a bar and walk home in a few minutes or just Uber for a few bucks.
I enjoy having theme parks nearby. I am an annual passholder to them all.
We have some nice springs and trails.

Cons?
God dammit we need better public transportation. Not those shitty Lynx Buses (The Lymmo is neat). The SunRail is a commuter train that only runs on weekdays from 6AM to 7PM. Like.. what the fuck.
Crime outside this area is a big higher than normal (I haven't had a single issue but this area is pretty "upscale" and gentrified. The problems stay away)
God damn FUCKING I-4
Nature is very fucking boring. Coming from a visit to Denver further accentuates the boring nature we have. I come from Puerto Rico and we have beaches, rivers, rainforests, waterfalls, etc.... here we have... swamps and some lakes?

Ultima_5

Oct 25, 2017
Kansas City is amazing. The suburbs on the Kansas side where I live, not so much. I'd love to be able to afford a loft or apartment downtown but that's way away.
i was pretty impressed how reasonable some of the apartments are out in the crossroads area. can't be that much more than what you pay over in JOCO

pokeystaples

Oct 27, 2017
Oakland. Not really. My house is fine, but other than the weather the Bay Area has been pretty disappointing for me. It's dirty, the people are kinda mean, the food is nothing to write home about. Don't plan on moving, but Lord do I wish I could leave here.

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
No. I live in Flushing but I should have moved back to Astoria.

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
- The country? It's far from perfect but far more openminded and progressive than most of the world. So.. yes in some ways.
I can always visit other countries for their great nature and food and i can cook (god our cuisine sucks). I'm pretty privileged to be born in this country though.
Raised free, openminded, care-free and happy. Good education and healthcare.

- The city i live in these days? .. Well, it's okay. A bit of a workers town. I miss the dynamics of a bigger city. But i can visit those anytime i want.

- My house? Yes. Great house. Very happy there.

Jogi

Prophet of Regret
Jul 4, 2018
San Diego. Love it. Only thing I hate is how expensive it is to live here.

Oct 25, 2017
Yes I love where I live, it's expensive as fuck but my meme-y circumstances allow me to take advantage of having a house without paying a cent while getting to live in a beautiful area 10 miles outside of DC.

The Argus

Oct 28, 2017
Astoria, Queens, NYC. 650 square foot 1BR apartment in a beautiful prewar building. Lovely super/owner. Rent is well below average (rent stabilized).

I absolutely love it. 20 minute commute to midtown. The most amazing ethnically diverse food and shops compared to anywhere in this world outside of Jackson Heights. Easy parking. Incredible nightlife. I'll never live in another neighborhood in NYC. 10/10.

Deleted member 179

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Illinois, outside of STL, MO. I hate it. Everyone here sucks. I wish I lived in a city where I could walk to work.