• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Couscous

Oct 30, 2017
Twente (The Netherlands)
I don't value jewelry since it serves no purpose, other than making you look fancy and boosting your status. It's all about amour propre, how you compare to other people, in the end though.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
I move too fucking fast to have expensive jewelry on me. Afraid it my break or fall off and get lost. I don't even have a watch because I'm so fucking turbo.

Laser Man

Oct 26, 2017
No, but I have to admit, running around with a bag of jewels all the time would be pretty cool! (until you get mugged)

Oct 30, 2017
i don't wear regular jewellery, but i'm interested in watches from a design point of view, and i don't see how other jewellery shouldn't be considered in similar terms even if it's not my thing.

i need to pick out a wedding ring soon and i'll definitely put a lot of thought into it. i don't want something to be near-permanently attached to my body if it doesn't speak to me on some level.

Carn

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
I don't care about jewelry. I do sometimes consider buying a watch, but then I realise that I'll probably forget putting it on most of the time. I do think that jewelry, as an investment, made a bit more sense for previous generations (beside it being a status symbol and the aesthetics).

TheCthultist

Oct 27, 2017
New York
I like rings. Shiny things are nice. Not something I'd personally spend money on though. But I value them when I've gotten them from sources that don't cost me anything.

Apr 17, 2019
Viridia
I like giving jewelries to my special woman. Earrings, necklaces, bracelets I like how she looks wearing it.
Not the insanely expensive ones though, man's still gotta eat.

As for myself, yeah I don't even wear a watch these days and I highly doubt I'd look good wearing jewelries lmao.

Seneset

Oct 27, 2017
Limbus Patrum
I value what I already own. I have certain pieces that if I lost them I'd be beyond pissed and others that I'd have a minor emotional breakdown if they went missing. Beyond those though? Not really when it comes to myself.

I do still buy things for family & friends on special occasions.

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
I guess it's because the value of a watch or piece of jewelry will likely not go down as time goes by. And also because a good part of the value is help by the components, precious metal / gems stuff like that.

A part of it is a social construct dating back from the dawn of civilisation but then there's just the value of the materials. Wich can hardly be said for a piece of carboard with some drawings printed on it.

oledome

Oct 25, 2017
People will drop a grand on a phone that will be obsolete in a short amount of time, so the idea of spending a few thousand on a watch that lasts forever isn't crazy to me, I'd sooner buy other things but I can see the value there

You should invest in the things you wear all the time, that goes for glasses, watches, jewelry, clothes - not that you have to spend inordinate amounts, just don't treat it as an afterthought

you couldn't make less sense