• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 1378

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
If you do, what's your preferred strain/method of intake? Do you like making edibles, vaping, or smoking?

If not, why? Is it a moral issue? Can't or won't smoke for health reasons? Not a fan of being high?

I'm pretty much in love with girl scout cookies - been smoking it for a few months straight now. Really helps me mellow out. It's got a very body heavy high and helps with my bum-ish shoulder + anxiety quite a bit.

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
No. Don't know anyone to buy and not that interested in looking for it to be honest. I don't miss being high.

Oct 28, 2017
Sweden
827252768234614784-png__700.jpg

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
I was a every day, 8+ times a day marijuana smoker, from 16-32

And then I developed crippling anxiety and I couldn't mess with it anymore.

Until dabbing came along and I was messing with indica for a little bit (body high = good). Anything with sativa will put me in the fetal position in the corner of my apartment due to the anxiety/panic.

Soul Unison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yup.

I'd like to move to vaporizing, for the diminished impact on the lungs, but it's all so expensive.

Common Knowledge

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Out of the five or six times I've been high, I only ever really had one "good time" it. The other times I either didn't really notice anything or became really paranoid and uncomfortable. But damn that one good time was great.

grimybrit

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Nope. Results in me getting less stuff done. And, anecdotally, all the people I know irl who smoke a ton of weed are losers.

OP
OP

Deleted member 1378

Oct 25, 2017
I was a every day, 8+ times a day marijuana smoker, from 16-32

And then I developed crippling anxiety and I couldn't mess with it anymore.

Until dabbing came along and I was messing with indica for a little bit (body high = good). Anything with sativa will put me in the fetal position in the corner of my apartment due to the anxiety/panic.

Damn, man. I'm sorry to hear that. I avoid sativa heavy strains because of that, too - without the body heaviness of the indica I feel pretty bad disassociation and have anxiety attacks.

Hope your anxiety in day to day situations is alright.

Nope. Results in me getting less stuff done. And, anecdotally, all the people I know irl who smoke a ton of weed are losers.

I can feel that. Can be hard to disconnect from a mental image influenced by peers

CrankyJay

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
bowl or bong

a friend bought one of those volcanos because he smokes more for medicinal purposes (has chrons disease). it's nice since you can use the unburnt weed for tinctures/teas/oils/edibles but i still prefer bowl or bong. gives me a better head high as where it seems volcano is mostly body only.

Unaha-Closp

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Used to from about the age 18-28. I was just a rolling papers, loose tobacco and a block of hash that you crumble off into a joint kind of fellow. Nice and simple. I did not want to talk pot talk, not know anything about pot, just sell me some pot and I'll go home and smoke it. After 10 years it was time to stop - only because I am not dumb and I know full well smoking is not good for breathing purposes - so I stopped. It's been a very long time since I've had a number. Should my Country ever legalise it I would go and get a joint for old times sake. Can't say I miss it as it made me tolerate shitty TV a lot more than I do now.

Deleted member 4372

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can only smoke indica pinners these days or I'm crippled with anxiety and it's not worth it in that case. I like to smoke and play Rocket League.

Jencks

Oct 25, 2017
I'm open to it, but never tried it myself. Haven't really been presented with the opportunity.

Indelible

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I used to smoke during high school and into my early 20's but I haven't touched it in years. Made me real paranoid and I ate way to much when I was high.

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
Back when I was 18-24, smoking weed was almost a daily occurrence. In the past couple years, I've just grown disinterested. It doesn't help that I have more money for personal stuff now that I'm not buying weed anymore. I pretty much only smoke at parties and with my still-stoner brother now. Don't miss it that much.

edit - It's nice being able to openly smoke in Boston common now that recreational use has been legalized

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
Only a few times in my life. However, being Canadian, after July, next year, I'm going to make sure I go into a store at least once in my life, buy some of it 100% legally once it's official, then go home and light up in my backyard. I just want that experience at least once of knowing that what I'm doing is actually A-Okay with the law and government.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
Did when I was in high school (later years), but the group of friends I was hanging out with started getting into heavier stuff and I had a problem saying no, and did some of it as well. Ended up deciding it wasn't me and stopped cold turkey. It helped that a friend tried to steal from my family so I stopped hanging out with him, and he was the gateway to the drugs.

I've smoked it several times since, but that's about it.

I have nothing against it. It eventually started making me paranoid, though, and heightened worries about going to Hell.

Ashby

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wish! I enjoyed it a lot as a teenager but for a nowadays it just makes me paranoid and sleepy.

Oct 27, 2017
Used to smoke a lot during college, but I too began to get really anxious when I got high. I smoke whatever my brother is growing atm.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Earlier today I was searching for a pot era thread and couldn't find one. :p

Yeah I smoke but in regards to strains I just smoke whatever my man gets. I don't live in Colorado so I can't be picky or anything. Lol. I think what I got now is sour diesel.

Oct 26, 2017
Started at age 29 and still have a lot to learn about the different strains etc. I find periods where I go without smoking and don't even blink but when the opportunity arises, I go all in.

I can't twll you what shit strain I'm smoking here in TX.

I do have a question though: my wife wants to partake but the problem is she gets a tad paranoid when she does. Is that a reaction she can expect regardless of strain type?

THErest

Oct 25, 2017
I would had I connections/access and no worries regarding my job and potential drug testing.

As a teacher, it'd be way less calories than drinking.

Used to smoke a bit in college, but nothing crazy.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Yup. I like to switch it up. Indica's, sativa's, dabs, & edibles depending on the situation. I like a good Sour Diesel, or I've got this 50/50 Strawberry Diesel that I'm working on right now. Generally smoke out of a glass water bong. I like low temp dabbing with a quartz banger. I go pretty light on the edibles (<50mg). I pretty well have smoked every day since I was in high school (20 years-ish). I don't smoke during the day. It's pretty well legal here (Canada) now, and there are dispensaries on almost every corner in my city already, so now it's even harder to entertain the notion of not smoking.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
1 or 2 pulls of anything and I'm good for a few hours. Usually just take a puff if my friends are smoking. I prefer indicas but in a state where it's not legalized, who the hell knows what you're getting. Yoda Kush, Tooshy Kush, Pee-Wee Hermandica. Just a few names I've seen dealers spout lol

How About No

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Great Dairy State
Yes, but I do believe Weed Culture overdoes it a lot. No need to peer pressure people into doing what they don't wanna do.

I usually stop and start on a few month intervals, I prefer raw papers and glassware

I was the 1st Place Winner in the D.A.R.E. Essay contest back in elementary school.

So I'm not the only kid DARE worked on!

...until I discovered booze that is

SpeedyBlueDude

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
Provo, Utah
Moral reasons. Not even because of my religious beliefs, I was just raised and grew up under programs like D.A.R.E and such. Even though it's been a decade, and I'm an adult and I know the benefits of marijuana, both in a personal sense and financial sense for the country, I still cannot bring myself to like it.

I have friends who smoke, and I don't care enough to care if they do it or not, but I won't partake in it and I'll leave whenever they start smoking.

I recently took a trip to downtown San Francisco last week, and it was my first time smelling marijuana and it just... made me irrationally sad. The smell was repulsive, and the fact that it's so socially acceptable to smoke in the city in front of hundreds, and people will join in and act like it's no big deal, just really made me upset.

I'll just say no matter how beneficial legalizing it nationwide would be, I'm so happy that Utah is a "dinosaur" and people are frowned upon for doing it, and doing it, although very common here, isn't the norm and isn't widely accepted.

TL:DR, if you smoke, I don't care. Live your life and do what you want, it's not unhealthy and if it makes you happy, you do you. I will look down on you for it, and don't want it legalized. As irrational as it sounds, I don't like pot, don't want it to be "normalized" like Alcohol is.

Oct 31, 2017
Too much. And mostly loud so they shit really hits me. I don't even like smoking anymore but I'm so used to it. I mostly vape these days and smoke the vape shavings, if it's my own.

Otherwise, I smoke out of glass or raw papers. I hate blunts and white papers but if passes it to me, I'll blow it

Son Lamar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Alabama
If you do, what's your preferred strain/method of intake? Do you like making edibles, vaping, or smoking?

If not, why? Is it a moral issue? Can't or won't smoke for health reasons? Not a fan of being high?

I'm pretty much in love with girl scout cookies - been smoking it for a few months straight now. Really helps me mellow out. It's got a very body heavy high and helps with my bum-ish shoulder + anxiety quite a bit.
Anything that let's me forget about my problems for a few hours aye

Abstrusity

Oct 27, 2017
I got super paranoid on weed. It was...not pleasant. Plus I had a coughing fit since it was the first thing I ever smoked, so none of the memories are pleasant. And then the drug tests and on and on...

Molly was more enjoyable.

Deleted member 2145

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
yeah. preferred strains are hybrids and indica dominant hybrids mostly. I do enjoy sativa dominant stuff too but the pure sativas that are really potent give me anxiety lol. I'm more of a connoisseur type so I like to try a wide variety of strains. if it's grown right I'm good with it. love all the different varieties of kush. just some straight up og kush will always be a mainstay for me. scott's og, sfv og, kosher kush and pre 98 bubba kush are also favorites of mine. that gorilla glue #4 that's been all the rage lately is damn nice. anything with some chem in it is nice. had some actual legit blueberry recently and that was damn fine. also had some strawberry lemonade recently that was really good, that's the kind of sativa I dig. I'll also fuck with tangie concentrates because that shit tastes so damn good. I've got some kosher tangie rosin right now and it is really nice.

as far as how I like to ingest for flower I vape. I've got the extreme q and it's great. best desktop vape for the money imo. I used to smoke way too many blunts and then out of glass and I've cut most of my smoking out. for concentrates I've got a couple rigs that are really nice. I've got a standard diffusion pump rig with a quartz banger that is the best piece for flavor and my main rig. then I've also got a vortex recycler because it just looks cool lol.

this is the recycler in action