• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
I'm on and off, just depends on my situation at the time. I love smoking but sometimes I need to take a step back. Like early-October I had to take a break to sort out some mental health stuff (I was using it as an escape, which I do not recommend lol). Then I picked it back up in mid-November after I got into a better place mentally and was smoking pretty much every day until about 2 weeks ago, when I went home to be with family for Christmas. But I'm usually more on than off. I find that it helps a ton with my anxiety, and it really helps me think outside the box.

Listening to music while high is one of life's greatest pleasures. Just sitting down, getting baked, and listening to a great song or album is so relaxing.

Snake Eater

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
someone please enlighten me why DON'T we want our brain to operate in tip-top condition 24/7?

Sleep aside (which is a need, not a want), i don't really understand the appeal of slowing down the brain function for 'recreational reasons'.

You have a very limited view on the effects marijuana can have on someone

theDream

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I vape sativa with my Magic Flight launch box. Just got some good fuckin purple shit ohhh God it's so nice I wanna marry it.

Good purple shit is just amazing. I got some crazy dark purple strain today, not much, but its a beauty. Tastes and smells so amazing. Vaporized that too. A nice and clean grow. Problem with cannabis really is finding amazing stuff. OPs strain, GSC is really really nice too. One of my favorites.

I vaporize, not just to get high, that is part of it, but obviously for the taste and flavor. I love the taste of good cannabis. It would take a long time to aclimate back to smoking, but when you are used to it, the flavor of smoking is so much better than vaporising. But once you start vaporising your taste buds quickly find smoking bad. Still the flavor of vaporising is pretty fantastic. Dry herb vaporizers, not the pens. Actual dry herb is where the amazing tastes and smells are at.

Love the flavor and smell of great weed and an amazing strain. Nothing better. But yes, i do it to relax as well. If I am sober I tend to have to work or read, as I'm too impatient for many other things. But if the flavor wasn't there I would do it far far less. Only occasionally.

TrueSloth

Oct 27, 2017
No, for a few reasons:
-My father is/was a habitual smoker and a lot of his poor decisions and lack of support affected the family. I don't see pot as the cause, but part of the equation. My impression of my father has affected my view on pot.
-After smoking a few times, I have felt gross/sluggish the morning after. I can't help but associate pot with uncleanliness.
-Marijuana culture is dumb and I feel embarrassed by anyone who makes it their thing.

cubanb

Oct 27, 2017
I used to smoke fairly often but I ended up developing a chronic cough. Now I eat butter and much prefer it and it's better for my health.

ΑGITΩ

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Im a novice when it comes to it. I was introduced to it at my last job from coworkers. First experience was with a browny which I was told only to eat a quarter, and I ate the who thing. It was awful though because all I did was be paranoid and kept second guessing everything.
From then on I would only partake with coworkers but only once every few months. Blunts werent my thing, but had my first real chill high from a gravity bong.
Cant say Im too much of a fan though, cause nowadays it just makes me overthink. Then i feel like Im talking to others around me but all Im doing is thinking at them.

Clear

Oct 25, 2017
Connecticut
Never have. I think i am nervous on how it would affect me. Heard story of people who had "freak outs" and that pretty much scared me off.

A light buzz after drinking or a cigar is all i need.

17 Seconds

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I used to be a-okay with it, but then I saw a friend get...addicted to it? I'm not sure if that's the right word. I know it's not a physically addictive drug but...he can't stop and he just stays in his room getting high 24/7. Misses appointments and things like that, then tries to get over the disappointments with more weed. He also had a...bad psychotic episode related to it. Probably something he was predisposed to and that isn't likely to happen to me, but it did take me away from my "it's basically a miracle drug with no side effects" teenage phase. Then after that I guess I started feeling like it wasn't as cool or something. Guess I got afraid of it because I saw what happened to my friend and it clashed with the "nothing bad ever happens with weed" stuff I heard so much. I'm sure weed isn't that bag a drug, but...eh. It just made me hesitant. I don't think weed is like, the devil, but I also don't think it's as good as some people around me like to claim it is. In the end I'm just not comfortable with it anymore, so I stay away from it.

i mean, yeah, you can abuse it like anything else.

Felt

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I smoke perhaps 2-3 times a year, if that. Only when I'm chilling with someone that has a vape pen. I do enjoy it. Would be great on my days off, I think, because why not? I'm in CA, and it's legal now, but I don't know anyone that can easily get it for me and I don't want the medical card. When it becomes available everywhere I'll probably start dabbling...

Draccus

Oct 27, 2017
England
No. Never.

Growing up, the majority of my friends were always smoking weed, messing with amphetamines, magic mushrooms, and so on. I had a front row seat watching how these drugs affected their system (comedown included) and I just couldn't understand why they decided to fuck with themselves like that, which in turn, put me right off.

I dont smoke pot, tried it once, but yeah. I have a friend who does on the regular, but sadly he is also looking for it aswell which is kinda shady to me. Also does harder stuff aswell tbh.

I don't need it anyways. Im pretty out-of-the-blue without it and i can go along with just booze just fine. I also dont think that ive met who do smoke pot make them a better company. If anything, it just makes them look bad because they are quite fixated on getting that ''stuff''.

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
Recently i started again (mostly vape/edibles) because i was at my wits end with depression and anxiety medicine causing more problems rather than helping. Even if i didn't i don't see a problem with it, it's a recreational drug the whole "grow up" excuse seems as stupid as telling someone who drinks alcohol to grow up.

Nothing wrong with enjoying something as long as it hurting anyone around you.

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
I dont smoke pot, tried it once, but yeah. I have a friend who does on the regular, but sadly he is also looking for it aswell which is kinda shady to me. Also does harder stuff aswell tbh.

I don't need it anyways. Im pretty out-of-the-blue without it and i can go along with just booze just fine. I also dont think that ive met who do smoke pot make them a better company. If anything, it just makes them look bad because they are quite fixated on getting that ''stuff''.
Man, you do realize most people aren't like that right? Like most adults who use cannabis are just regular people who use it the same way people use coffee, or booze.

Personally, I don't smoke much during the week, cant before work and it makes me tired at night. But on the weekend if I don't have a bunch of shit to do I Iove to wake up, smoke a bowl, and play videogames for a few hours.

I'm 29, have never been unemployed, great job, long term relationship etc. Been smoking weed for 15 years. The amount of straight up misinformation 80's after school special shit some of y'all believe is crazy to me.

MrCunningham

Banned
Nov 15, 2017
Growing up in the Province of British Columbia, it was hard not to. I have had neighbors who would either grow their own weed or sell it.

As of late, I find that my use of cannabis has only gone up. I am quite content at the moment in living in a cloud of smoke. Even though, smoke of any kind is never the best thing in large doses. But aside from that, I have seen no drawbacks, I don't do any other substances outside of smoking weed. My alcohol intake is maybe once every 6 months or less. I was never big on drinking. I'm sure the marihuana thing is just a phase. To be honest I gave up on smoking the stuff when I turned 20 and didn't start smoking again until I was like 34. I think I will be quite content spending my 2018 baked out of my mind.

36 Chambers

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Been smoking for years. I have a successful career, an amazing partner and a healthy social circle. People saying that smokers are losers have it mixed up. They're just losers who smoke.

Music and games while up are the best.

Sean

Oct 25, 2017
Longview
Pretty much every day if I can afford it. Thankfully weed has gotten pretty cheap here in WA.

I'm disabled and have a lot of nerve damage and neuropathy problems (as well as anxiety and depression). Unfortunately, I've been through literally every single pharmaceutical drug on the list and the only ones that help are opiates and not a single other one has any effect and no one wants me on opiates. So I have to use weed to cope with it. I set aside 100-150/month for $15 Eighths of the cheapest stuff and hope that gets me through it. I wish I could afford more and better stuff, but my fixed income disability SS only gets me so far and that's a very large chunk of it as it is.

I'm out right now until the 3rd of the month rolls around and it's been agonizing the last few days.

Man, you do realize most people aren't like that right? Like most adults who use cannabis are just regular people who use it the same way people use coffee, or booze.
Its a rather touchy subject over here (and less common than it is likely in your living spaces)

I'm 29, have never been unemployed, great job, long term relationship etc. Been smoking weed for 15 years. The amount of straight up misinformation 80's after school special shit some of y'all believe is crazy to me.
Oh well, i dont ''need'' the stuff in the first place. I dont smoke either. Like i said i can talk crazy shit even without weed. The problem of having an imaginative mind i suppose.

Untzillatx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Basque Country
No, I never have. I'm not really a fan of inhaling smoke, given that I suffer from asthma. And even if I wanted to, I really don't have any idea where would I even get any.

John Dunbar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
only ever bought it once. i smoke when i'm offered, but either i always get bad weed or it just doesn't really do much for me. i really only remember it kinda feels bad in my throat since i'm not a smoker.

Mikebison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Haven't for about a year. The last time I did, I ended up watching 5 straight hours of traffic cops.

Good times.

Darkstorne

Oct 26, 2017
England
I did at uni, but only because my friends smoked it and passed it around. They had me do a waterfall bong once. That was... interesting =P

But I don't understand why people think it's so great they want to pay for it, and with a substantial portion of their incomes. It provides absolutely nothing of value beyond the high, so regular smokers are identical to regular drinkers imo. What are you doing with your lives? The other major turn-off for me is the culture surrounding it. Anyone who wears a weed shirt, or cap, or has it on their lighter or forum avatar etc... you can make a pretty accurate guess at their personality and work ethic right there. It's a shame, because I know a few guys who smoke it only a couple of times a week and have their lives and careers completely nailed. Weed culture kinda ruins the reputation for them. Hard to imagine someone bragging about drinking alcohol multiple times a day, every day, and pretending they're awesome for it...

Hoo-doo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Maybe once every few months if I have absolutely nothing planned for an evening and I want to really get absorbed in a movie/show. I sleep like a rock after.
Couldn't imagine it being a daily thing though. I'd never want to go through life like that.

sleepInsom

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I did at uni, but only because my friends smoked it and passed it around. They had me do a waterfall bong once. That was... interesting =P

But I don't understand why people think it's so great they want to pay for it, and with a substantial portion of their incomes. It provides absolutely nothing of value beyond the high, so regular smokers are identical to regular drinkers imo. What are you doing with your lives? The other major turn-off for me is the culture surrounding it. Anyone who wears a weed shirt, or cap, or has it on their lighter or forum avatar etc... you can make a pretty accurate guess at their personality and work ethic right there. It's a shame, because I know a few guys who smoke it only a couple of times a week and have their lives and careers completely nailed. Weed culture kinda ruins the reputation for them. Hard to imagine someone bragging about drinking alcohol multiple times a day, every day, and pretending they're awesome for it...

Projecting much? Not everyone is you. Not everyone makes minimum wage.

Personally, I smoke quite often. I have a good career and don't have any kids or other obligations outside of work, so it's my preferred method to unwind and focus my brain differently. My girlfriend is allergic to the stuff, so I don't smoke it around her but she's pretty supportive nonetheless. In fact, she even got me a scratch-n-sniff book on weed for Christmas. She'd really like her mom to start using it since she has chronic pain and pot would likely improve her life but doesn't know how to bring it up to her mom.

Last edited:

Darkstorne

Oct 26, 2017
England
Projecting much? Not everyone is you. Not everyone makes minimum wage.

Personally, I smoke quite often. I have a good career and don't have any kids or other obligations outside of work, so it's my preferred method to unwind and focus my brain differently. My girlfriend is allergic to the stuff, so I don't smoke it around her but she's pretty supportive nonetheless. In fact, she even got me a scratch-n-sniff book on weed for Christmas. She'd really like her mom to start using it since she has chronic pain and pot would likely improve her life but doesn't know how to bring it up to her mom.
Projecting what? I don't know where you got minimum wage from that O.o I mean I genuinely don't understand why regular weed smokers think it's a good use of their money. Disposable income has nothing to do with value. I can think of hundreds of better uses of that cash than daily spliffs. But again, I think it comes down to weed culture that it seems to get a pass here. Anyone who drinks alcohol multiple times a day clearly has problems and is wasting their time and money, but people who smoke weed multiple times a day seem to think it's... a lifestyle choice? A defining trait? I really don't know. But most of them seem to think it certainly isn't an issue on the scale of alcoholism.

And again, people who genuinely do it for recreation and to wind down, a few times a week, I completely get that. Just like alcohol, if you're in charge of when you drink it then there are rarely issues. But when you struggle to get through the day without a drink... there are clearly problems there.

Deleted member 4247

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm in Sweden, where it's illegal and is still very strongly viewed as a dangerous drug. So no. It's something mainly done by people who also do other illegal drugs, not "regular" people. Alcohol is the only "accepted" drug here (except for nicotine and such).

Deleted member 28461

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Gave my coworker a jar of homemade brownies for Christmas. His response after eating a half of one last night was "I want to find a way to be like this all of the time." It was one of the weakest batches I've made, but the plant used was a combination of White Rhino and Skywalker OG. It's very pleasant. I've been calling them White Walker brownies.

Have a tincture brewing in my freezer as well. 4 oz of backwater moonshine with an eighth of decarbed White Rhino and Skywalker (heavier on the latter). It's been in there for a week now. I'll probably strain and bottle it next weekend. I've been testing it periodically and it's at a point where it makes my tongue numb as fuck after a sublingual dose.

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
Projecting what? I don't know where you got minimum wage from that O.o I mean I genuinely don't understand why regular weed smokers think it's a good use of their money. Disposable income has nothing to do with value. I can think of hundreds of better uses of that cash than daily spliffs. But again, I think it comes down to weed culture that it seems to get a pass here. Anyone who drinks alcohol multiple times a day clearly has problems and is wasting their time and money, but people who smoke weed multiple times a day seem to think it's... a lifestyle choice? A defining trait? I really don't know. But most of them seem to think it certainly isn't an issue on the scale of alcoholism.

And again, people who genuinely do it for recreation and to wind down, a few times a week, I completely get that. Just like alcohol, if you're in charge of when you drink it then there are rarely issues. But when you struggle to get through the day without a drink... there are clearly problems there.
You can be a daily smoker and not be smoking a bunch of spliffs, or spending much money at all. If I'm smoking daily, an eighth probably lasts me like 3 weeks. I'll smoke about a bowl a day. 2 hits and I'm good for a couple hours, 2 or 3 more hits and thats all I need for the day.

There are just regular average people who have a little weed every day, we aren't all hacky sack phish fans.

Edit: even if I'm smoking daily, we're talking like 40 dollars a month for me. Which is about 2% of my income.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
I'm apparently quitting tomorrow. The wife really wants to stop (because of her job) and to help support her and not tempt her I'm stopping too.

rip

PatMan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I smoke weed, usually only at night.

I've also done:

LSD
Mushrooms
Ketamine
PCP
Adderall
Cocaine
MDMA
MDA
LSD analog

sleepInsom

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

You're obviously projecting some insecurities you have with pot. It's like you live in this small bubble where you have an uninformed and inaccurate idea of what it is and the people who partake in in. I get it if it's not your cup of tea, but to denigrate people for smoking regularly by painting them as bad at managing their finances or has a problem speaks more about you than anything. Maybe you aren't doing well and have a limited budget, so you see people spending money on a drug as being irresponsible; maybe you have some people around you that are losers who smoke pot often and you can't understand that one doesn't necessarily lead to the other. Either way, your viewpoint does not gel with reality. People have smoked pot regularly for centuries, and I promise you many of them have been very intelligent and successful people. And I guarantee you there's people in your life who do it but you have no knowledge out of fear of judgmental people like you. I don't get anime, for example, but I'm not gonna go out of my way and insult anime fans.

There are just regular average people who have a little weed every day, we aren't all hacky sack phish fans.

Edit: even if I'm smoking daily, we're talking like 40 dollars a month for me. Which is about 2% of my income.

Yep. Plenty of white collar professionals smoke on the regular. And it's a cheap drug comparatively. You can spend as much money on a weekend on alcohol than most people do in a month with pot.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
No, I don't smoke pot, but I came into Breckenridge, CO for snow skiing last night and the whole place smells of it.

Nothing wrong with it when being responsible.

Oct 27, 2017
Nope. I tried it a few times when in college many years ago and didn't like the feeling at all. I can even do so legally now (Washington state) but no thanks. From what I've heard nowadays it's way more powerful than it was back then so I triply don't want anything to do with it.

Molto

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I smoke pretty much daily. I still manage to work full time, happily married, and have a social life.

Gaming/music/food/movies/sex + a fat joint = one of life's greatest joys

I've taken breaks over the years from it and just find it enhances life pretty significantly with no negative effects on my life whatsoever. I'll be blazing till the day I die fam.

sleepInsom

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I smoke pretty much daily. I still manage to work full time, happily married, and have a social life.

Gaming/music/food/movies/sex + a fat joint = one of life's greatest joys

I've taken breaks over the years from it and just find it enhances life pretty significantly with no negative effects on my life whatsoever. I'll be blazing till the day I die fam.

landscape-1457975259-armwrestle.gif

King Alamat

Nov 22, 2017
I can count the times I've smoked on one hand. All it does is make me quiet and unsteady on my feet and I'm pretty reserved and clumsy already.

Logos

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
I used to but not sure what happened as it started to affect me harder. I even smoked less and still I would get hit hard and have lot of weird out of body experiences. It used to just mellow me out but got more intense over time. Even after changing the shit I was smoking. I just completely stopped and it's been a while.now. everytime I get offered a joint now I have a flashback to the last time I smoked where it felt like I had astral projected myself above my physical body and watching myself leaning over the balcony. Weird shit