• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 3812

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
EVGA has just announced an offer where if you have a qualifying EVGA GeForce GTX 900 or 700 series graphics card, you can send it into EVGA and have EVGA exchange it for a RTX 20-series graphics card at a discount ranging from $50 credit if you have any EVGA GeForce GTX 770 Graphics Cards to a $150 credit if you have any EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti Graphics Cards:

Still using or have an EVGA GeForce GTX 900 or 700 Series graphics card? Now is your chance to upgrade to the latest generation of graphics with an EVGA GeForce RTX 20-Series graphics card with a significant discount. Trade in your EVGA GeForce GTX 900 or 700 Series graphics cards and you can upgrade to a brand new EVGA GeForce RTX 20-Series graphics card. Now is a great time to upgrade - not only will you experience significantly improved gaming performance, but you will also be ready for the next wave of games that utilize Ray-Tracing, which makes games more immersive than ever.

In addition, the upgraded parts will also be discounted, meaning you will get an upgrade with a BIG discount!

How does it work?

1. Sign up for a free EVGA.com account, or login if you have one already.
  2. Register your QUALIFYING product:**
    1. Any EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti Graphics Card = $150 Credit
    2. Any EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Graphics Card = $100 Credit
    3. Any EVGA GeForce GTX 970 Graphics Card = $75 Credit
    4. Any EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti Graphics Card = $100 Credit
    5. Any EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Graphics Card = $75 Credit
    6. Any EVGA GeForce GTX 770 Graphics Card = $50 Credit
  3. Select the EVGA GeForce RTX 2080, 2070 or 2060 graphics card you wish to upgrade to.
  4. (Optional) Select an EVGA SuperNOVA Power Supply for an even bigger discount!
  5. Send in your card. Once verified, we will send back the EVGA GeForce RTX 20-Series graphics card.
    ** Recertified products, such as -RX cards, are expressly excluded from this promotion.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
header_01.jpg

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Send in your card. Once verified, we will send back the EVGA GeForce RTX 20-Series graphics card.

So there's the catch. Send in your card, wait 3-6 months for EVGA to "verify" it, then receive your new card with a $75 discount. In the meantime, you can't play anything on your PC.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Are these cards not worth more than that anymore?

Maybe I'm being too cynical but this feels more like a way to stymie second hand sales.

BAW

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty sure you can get more than 150 bucks by selling your 980 ti at the classifieds

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
I got kind of excited since I had a extra 700 card laying around in the living room PC playing minecraft for visitors rarely, but I wouldn't even uninstall, ship, and wait for it to be verified for $50 not including the cost of doing that stuff. Waste of time.

Kraken3dfx

Oct 25, 2017
Denver, CO
The joy of giving up your old video card to still end up paying more than you would for just shopping around a bit for a sale price.

It's such a minimal discount, I'm kind of surprised that they're requiring EVGA cards, seems like they'd be willing to take other brands just to convert people over to EVGA branded cards.

Twonny

Dec 12, 2018
My graphics card is even older. I have a 660 Ti :( so I guess I don't qualify for this discount.

Oh well, I'll buy a new updated card at some point.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
I really need to get around to selling these 2x 4gb ddr4 ram sticks. When I upgrade to the new Ryzens I'm not even going to use my 2x 8gb ddr4 since ddr5 should be out by then and I'm looking forward to that.

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
lol 75 bucks for my GTX970... and I'd be still be stuck with an EVGA card.

Nooooo thanks. I'll sell this thing for a minimum of $140 to any random dickhead on Facebook Market or Craigslist.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
I'm gonna do a whole new rig eventually but the current setup is okay for what I use it for. I'd need a new motherboard.

OP
OP

Deleted member 3812

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada included or US only?

Canada is included:

IS THERE A TL:DR VERSION OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS?

The full T&C is listed below, but here are the important terms and conditions:

• The EVGA 900/700 Series Upgrade Program begins on June 26, 2019 at 11:00am. The EVGA 900/700 Series Upgrade Program will be available for a limited time only and/or while supplies last.
  • Eligible participants must be at least 18 years old, and reside in the contiguous United States, Hawaii, Alaska, Puerto Rico, and Canada.
  • Participants may purchase one (1) qualifying EVGA GeForce RTX 20-Series graphics card at a discount, in exchange for sending EVGA one (1) qualifying EVGA GeForce GTX 900/700 Series graphics card.
    • Participants agree to the Upgrade Product, price, and discount at the time of submission.
    • The discount is considered part of the transaction; Participants may not request the discount be converted to other currency or store credit (i.e. EVGA Bucks).
    • Only one (1) 900/700 Series graphics card may be part of an Upgrade; Participants may not combine multiple 900/700 Series graphics cards in the same Upgrade to receive a larger discount.
  • There is no limitation to the number of Upgrades that can be submitted by a single Participant.
  • Participant must be the registered owner of the Qualifying Product; the Qualifying Product must have a serial number when sent in; and the Qualifying Product must be in good working order, and in original factory condition, as defined by the terms of the EVGA Limited Warranty.
  • Participant does not have to be the original owner. Participants are not required to provide a proof of purchase, the original box nor the original accessories.
  • Participants may not cancel their Upgrade once EVGA has received the Participant's qualifying 900/700 Series graphics card.
  • Qualifying 900/700 Series graphics cards that fail testing, were improperly packed and/or exhibit damage during transit, or declined due to physical damage will VOID the Upgrade and the Qualifying Product will be returned to Participant.
  • Products sold as recertified products, such as products with an –RX part number suffix, are expressly excluded.
  • Participant submissions will be processed in the order received. However, Upgrade Products may be shipped based on the order Qualifying Products are received from Participants.

Allietraa

Prophet of Truth
Mar 13, 2019
Wow, $75 off a minimum $400 card. What a deal.

What's in it for EVGA to do this anyway?
You buy another EVGA product(or maybe multiple, since buying a new PSU with it gives you another discount too) and then they turn around and sell your shitty old GPU on B-stock anyway. It also might be clearing out some excess 2000 series stock since we're about to get those "Super" cards next month.

Deleted member 25702

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Yeah, I could stomach a weaker discount if I didn't have to be card-less for an unknown amount of time. Had a great experience with my EVGA card too. I'd rather sell my 980 myself on my terms.

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
Time to move 20 series inventory. Or at least try too. Being without a video card for awhile doesn't seem to enticing though.

SweetVermouth

Banned
Mar 5, 2018
Wow nice, I can send my card in and get money back.
Or I can just sell my card and get basically the same amount of money anyway.

Lunaray

Oct 27, 2017
This deal would be a lot more palatable if they doubled the credit. But as it is right now it's a pretty bad deal.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like my 980 Ti FTW is worth somewhere around $200-$250. (thinks back to what I paid several years ago and quietly weeps...)

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
Trade-ins are never the most economical route to take, is just convenient. I've traded stuff in to Apple just because I was too busy to mess with selling stuff and knew it would just rot in my storage room. This isn't any different.

Honestly I've probably got a half-dozen video cards in my storage room, sadly.

minimalism

Jan 9, 2018
No option for me to even choose to sell my 980ti Classified. It's worth way more than 150 bucks. And worth way more than a standard 980ti.

Sirhc

Hasn't made a thread yet. Shame me.
Oct 27, 2017
Yikes, even it they sent me the new card first I'd rather just keep my 970 for $75 dollars, having to wait for them to send it...hell no.

SecondVariety

Oct 29, 2017
Yes, I think $75 for a GTX 970 is crazy, and that there are plenty of vendors who can beat EVGA's prices without all the trade-in/shipping/verification. I can't believe they had a countdown for this.

NeoChaos

Oct 28, 2017
NorCal
I've got a spare 780 from my old system lying around, but at $75 and a 1080ti in my current system I might as well put it on Craigslist instead. Nice to give me a reference on what to price it at, at least.