• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Do you support euthanasia

• Yes

Votes: 456 93.8%
  • No

Votes: 18 3.7%
  • Other (make a comment)

Votes: 12 2.5%

• Total voters

dimasok

Banned
Sep 9, 2018
Do you think it should be available for everyone with some stipulatutions in place? Or do you think its a slippery slope?

Deleted member 9932

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As long as they have the mental capacity to decide, absolutely. I sincerely hope its an option for me in the future.

Deleted member 8860

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I think it should be legal (with some stipulations to prevent abuse).

It's not a slippery slope. Nor is DNR/pulling the plug on life support.

Forearms

Oct 25, 2017
Discussed this with my wife the other day. I wholly support it as long as there are proper mental health evaluations performed before hand.

astroturfing

Nov 1, 2017
Suomi Finland
as a hospital worker and as someone who has had to suffer on a ventilator in the ICU, hell yes. its possible for a human to feel such extreme pain and anguish that its simply monstrous to deny them a way out.

Menelaus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yes, absolutely. I would also consider suicide via overdose in the event of a painful terminal illness, as bad as that sounds, if I didn't have access to assisted suicide.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yes. People should have the ability to end their life painlessly if they choose.

Trickster

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No, i support keeping people alive against their express wishes, even when they're in chronic, agonizing pain.

...Of course I support euthanasia. It's hypocritical as fuck that we do to pets when they're old or in pain, and call it humane. But when it comes to people who actually have the ability to express whether they want to die or not, then we refuse to do it, removing that so called humane option that we are more than willing to use on animals

Vern

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
No. The governments of those countries should support the children. It's not our burden in the west.

Deleted member 28461

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
100% for it. I'd consider it one of the most basic rights as a human being.

HBO has a really good biopic about Dr. Kevorkian if anyone is interested in seeing his story dramatized. It's called You Don't Know Jack. Won a decent amount of awards on release. It's nice.

MicH

Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely. Every human being should be able to decide when they no longer wish to live

LastCaress

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Yes. I am a veterinarian and have to do it on occasion. It's not easy, but the alternative (letting the person/animal suffer without chance of improvement) is not better.

CarpeDeezNutz

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I took a course in college "Death and dying" the first day the professor listed all these ways people died around the world. Opened up my eyes on Euthanasia, I would say yes with stipulations.

laoni

Oct 25, 2017
Unequivocally. The last thing I want, if my cancer's to kill me, is to spend my last days trapped to machines, ekeing out days, hours, minutes, for some twisted version of 'life' for no good reason.

I've discussed my wishes with my family who wholeheartedly agree, and if I ever get the "Best we can do is make you comfortable." talk, I have plans in place to get to a place where I can access euthanasia legally

Snack12367

Oct 28, 2017
I'm ok with it for fatal conditions, I have a real big problem with it for Mental Illness. The fact it can happen in some places really bothers me.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
Yes, but with obvious reasonable conditions.

They should have to be of sound mind to make the decision. And it should also have to be for an actual fatal disease.

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
Absolutely, but I do think there needs to be consulting and a thorough discussion on wether the pain a person is feeling is hopeless and unbearable.
Otherwise people might attempt to seek out these services in the spurr of the moment, which could go out of hand.

It's already legal in the netherlands and some other countries and I have no problems with it as long as it's the well thought out decision of the patient.

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
With all my heart and mind: Yes! Unequivocally.
Anyone against that is inhumane in every sense of the word.

NervousXtian

Oct 27, 2017
Yes, and we also have a problem spending too much money keeping people alive in this country that will never get better or live a normal life.

it's like the most selfish thing ever to keep someone alive who is clearly in pain or never going to live a semi-normal life again.. as you aren't keeping them alive for them.. but for yourself.

It's a waste of money, and morally to be wrong. The moral thing is to end suffering painlessly.

RionaaM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, and I don't see how it could be a slippery slope. Everyone should have the right to choose when they want to go.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
Well it can be a slippery slope but that's a logical fallacy in as far as it's used to argue against euthanasia.

It absolutely should be an option in certain situations. That shouldn't even be debatable.

OP
OP
dimasok

dimasok

Banned
Sep 9, 2018
Man am I glad that ERA is so much more progessive and intelligent than the god damn comments on daily mail articles! True cancer breeds there.

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've already told my wife that I'm clocking out if I ever get something like Alzheimer's.

Oct 31, 2017
I do, assuming stringent ethical and legal oversight. If we really own anything, it's our own life, and people should not be forced to remain living if their life is unbearable to them

karnage10

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
As a doctor ii hope this isn't ever passed. I'd hate to have to kill someone because they want to give up on their life. Is there any way we can ever be sure that the person really wanted to die?

• pain can be controlled with medications
  • mental diseases is being better and better controlled with new approaches in psychiatric
  • Cancer's complications are getting better treatment thanks to new radiotherapy and prosthesis
  • Strokes can be more managed by physios and neurosurgeons
From my experience, all i see from allowing euthanasia is families killing people that are a burden (children with genetic diseases, old people,etc.).

Maybe i'm jaded but i really can't see this being used for good; instead all i see is a legal means to kill someone. I don't want this on my conscience!