• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jingo

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
As it is sony?

As the leader market, and im not saying they re right or not, but they seem to get a pass and general well recieved news about the decisions they make.

They skip, people say e3 is dead anyway, good decision etc etc

Microsoft announces that they re not gonna do exclusives only for the next gen, people say its a bad decision, no reason to by one etc etc.

I know its probably just me but i cant help to think that if it was microsoft skiping e3 people would think they re crazy by missing the biggest spot for games and giving all the spotlight to sony.

Also if it was sony not doing exclusives only for next gen, people would praise their vision and would suport buying ps5 anyway.

Im not a microsoft or sony enthusiastic, even tough i prefer playstation, but this just seems a case of "there is nothing i can do wrong"

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
I mean given how some of the threads have gone here lately, people would probably applaud it as being a pro-consumer move or something.

TsuWave

Oct 27, 2017

Microsoft announces that they re not gonna do exclusives only for the next gen, people say its a bad decision, no reason to by one etc etc.

Correlation?

These persecution complex threads/posts are type hilarious.

SuperYlvis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Some people only defend this decision by Sony because they feel they have to defend their company of choice till death, even though deep inside they're bummed by the fact that Sony isn't going to be at E3. It's called being a fanboy.

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
The thing that seems most on most people about exclusives is it was a year or two, not forever. A lot of discussion here is really missing that part out.

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Of course not. People would be gushing about MS having no games to show etc.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Who knows. But Microsoft doesn't necessarily have the brand clout or market impact of Nintendo or Sony, so it wouldn't necessarily make for a direction comparison either.

Sprat

Oct 27, 2017
England
As it is sony?

As the leader market, and im not saying they re right or not, but they seem to get a pass and general well recieved news about the decisions they make.

I know its probably just me but i cant help to think that if it was microsoft skiping e3 people would think they re crazy by missing the biggest spot for games and giving all the spotlight to sony.

Also if it was sony not doing exclusives only for next gen, people would praise their vision and would suport buying ps5 anyway.

Im not a microsoft or sony enthusiastic, even tough i prefer playstation, but this just seems a case of "there is nothing i can do wrong"
The majority of sonys fanbase is in Europe so E3 is just awkward for them in a way that it isn't for Microsofts mostly American centric audience

iamandy

Nov 6, 2017
Brasil
One big mistake that the overwhelming majority of gamerz make when analyzing their stake in E3 is to think that the companies are changing, not E3. And the truth could not be more different.

E3 was an industry show for the industry and the media. And it had its raison d'être the way it was to have these participants. When it turns out to be a mass-audience show, the old model is no longer for business or the public. It needs to become more similar to Comic Con than to CES. And this is happening.

Jade1962

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I mean given how some of the threads have gone here lately, people would probably applaud it as being a pro-consumer move or something.
Exactly.

I don't get threads like these. Most of the comments in both Sony E3 threads were negative.

What punishment should Sony get for not going to E3?

The lack of understanding that each company is in different positions and their decisions have different consequences and ramifications. And thus it's no fanboy nonsense for press reaction to be different when different companies do things.

Also things change. Simplist fact of life.

Oct 25, 2017
By what metric is the Sony decision "well-accepted"? Plenty of people in that thread don't like the decision. What kind of response and by how many people would lead you to conclude it was not "accepted"?

Oct 25, 2017
Era is not the center of the world you know?
You think people not on era (or whatever game forum) even care about this at all? I need you to elaborate on this rebuttal because I don't think I follow your thinking.

And you haven't answered: How are you defining acceptance/non-acceptance? This is crucial to the premise of your thread.

Bugalugs214

Banned
Nov 26, 2017
There was a 40 page concern troll thread when the floor plans for MS were announced a few years back and they looked to be a bit small. I think you know the answer to this one.

Zonnes

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 26, 2019
User banned (1 day): Platform wars
Probably Not, Sony is more like a Cult and their fans worship them

fourfourfun

Oct 27, 2017
England
No. They don't have the strength in portfolio yet to survive that move, so it would be marketing suicide. They're only just about clawing their way to being on a level as it stands. I would understand the motivation, I don't think it would work for them. I don't think anybody needs to accept moving away from E3, their marketing is completely up to them and there is absolutely no need in this day and age to do things in the same way because the always have been so. I would definitely question the success of a move at this point in time.

Zelas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This thread is revisionist history. People killed Sony for dropping out of E3. Folks mostly tolerate the decision now and would do the same with MS.

Ombala

Oct 30, 2017
Does it matter what we think?
I think Sony has built up way more goodwill and trust thru the years, people know they will come thru on way or another.
Them skiping E3 last year affected nothing.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
E3 is such a weird concept. It's mostly 30 year old gamers who still use forums who care about it. Gen Z gets information sent directly to them, so they don't give a fuck.

MickZan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Isnt Microsoft gone from E3 already? They do their own event next door right? Do they even have a presence on the floor?

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
Yes it would be fine. E3 is not needed anymore. The only reason Microsoft probably keeps doing it is because they are based close by and its fairly convenient for them.

Little offtopic but I seriously think most of this forum is paranoid about anything that is slightly disagreeable being construed as some kind of overarching plot to bring down their platform of choice.

Sorry, probably not you OP. Just reading this forum lately just feels that way. Very annoying.

Oct 25, 2017
Ita simple, go to every medium outside of era, game sites, twitters facebooks etc etc and see the reactions.
And you are sure you're systematically observing those responses and not at all cherry picking due to confirmation bias? You can provide a percentage of posts that "accept" it and and a percentage that don't? The people who don't accept it are saying what, that they'll burn their Sony consoles in the streets?

see my edit on precious post: please define what it means in your view to be accepting or non-accepting.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It wasn't well accepted when Nintendo stopped doing conferences in 2013. They didn't even leave E3. They just stopped the conferences and it was the end of the world for Nintendo going by people and gaming media.

Microsoft would definitely be received more negative than Sony

OP
OP

Jingo

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
And you are sure you're systematically observing those responses and not at all cherry picking due to confirmation bias? You can provide a percentage of posts that "accept" it and and a percentage that don't? The people who don't accept it are saying what, that they'll burn their Sony consoles in the streets?

Ill count them and then get back to you, doesnt matter if most of what i read and hear is general well recieved news from people towards sony decision.

Also, only last year people started saying that e3 is dying, never heard about that before, especially when 4 years ago we had the "e3 of dreams" go figure.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
There'd be much, much less of the 'they don't need E3/they're gonna win E3 without attending' stuff to say the least in my opinion.

Taker34

QA Tester
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
building stone people
Anyone who expects a "balanced" discussion when the PS4 will end up selling three times as much as the XBO, is kidding themselves. Of course the discourse will be heavily biased. The fanboyism is annoying and thankfully bannable here, but you honestly shouldn't be too invested into the whole console debate climate.

jaymzi

Jul 22, 2019
Didn't we just have a nearly 30 page thread arguing about if it was good or not that Sony skipped E3?

Where is this Sony always gets a pass coming from?

Parcas

Dec 12, 2017
Era will find a way to criticize Microsoft even if they gave the next console for free.

VillagerMax

Nov 4, 2017
Consumers would just treat it as an E3 problem than a Microsoft problem now that Sony paved the way themselves. It will mostly hurt 3rd parties and the indie games they typically have in their presentations.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
I expect all of them to show up and I'm disappointed when any of them skip, especially with a console launching.

Status
Not open for further replies.