• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

tommy7154

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's shallow and stupid but I don't like when people use their real pic as their avatar. I really don't know why I'm so judgy about it but I think if you're going to do it you better either be attractive, or have something else going on with it.

Deleted member 3038

Oct 25, 2017
I usually think anyone with a Nintendo Avatar doesn't know what they are talking about.

Going through my Ignore list, the majority of it is Sony Avis too, So I guess it's just anyone who follows a platform. Though usually if I see you aren't a doofus I'll let your avi slide

Mediking

Final Fantasy Best Boy (Grip)
I usually think anyone with a Nintendo Avatar doesn't know what they are talking about.

Going through my Ignore list, the majority of it is Sony Avis too, So I guess it's just anyone who follows a platform. Though usually if I see you aren't a doofus I'll let your avi slide

...Just... how big is your ignore list???

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
~40-50 people give or take

It gets bigger every time there's either a Steam thread or anything controversial on Gaming side ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Steam is the second coming of Jesus Christ.

Steam is the worst thing to happen to PC Gaming since Games for Windows Live and Valve is just a hat shop.

I don't actually know which of those came first, but since one of them is long dead and one is still going strong, I'm going to treat GFWL like the piece of ancient history it is.

Did I make the cut?

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh absolutely. There are certain people on here that love to dismiss a critical post of mine with my BotW avatar, accusing me of fanboyism.

Deleted member 3038

Oct 25, 2017
Steam is the worst thing to happen to PC Gaming since Games for Windows Live and Valve is just a hat shop.
This is literally the phrasing that got like 10 people in there. Also it was Steam before GFWL

Lmao 50 PEOPLE? I...uhhh... don't know what to say...
What can I say, I don't want to bother looking through stupid posts on a thread ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

There's so many hours in the day & I don't want to spend them going through a thread reading really moronic opinions / Console warring. Thankfully on Etc people are more sane so it's not a big issue.

Oh absolutely. There are certain people on here that love to dismiss a critical post of mine with my BotW avatar, accusing me of fanboyism.
Fanboy
8151.jpg

Mediking

Final Fantasy Best Boy (Grip)
What can I say, I don't want to bother looking through stupid posts on a thread ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

There's so many hours in the day & I don't want to spend them going through a thread reading really moronic opinions / Console warring. Thankfully on Etc people are more sane so it's not a big issue.

Lmao you're a savage. You don't actually interact with them but if they post something bad in your eyes... IGNORED?

I mean... I understand where you're coming from but sometimes people are trolling and just saying dumb stuff without thinking.

Persephone

Oct 25, 2017

Meanwhile I don't put people on ignore because I have a bad habit of picking fights :/

Deleted member 3038

Oct 25, 2017
Lmao you're a savage. You don't actually interact with them but if they post something bad in your eyes... IGNORED?

I mean... I understand where you're coming from but sometimes people are trolling and just saying dumb stuff without thinking.

Maybe 30% I actually have interacted with which is why they are there in the first place, but it's usually UWP supporters that tick me off to the point I block in the middle of an arguement

Neo0mj

Oct 26, 2017
People who blindly follow whatever Avatar trends have no opinion of their own and just follow the herd. I imagine them mindlessly repeating whatever someone else said.
People with avatars of company executives like Reggie, Steve Jobs, and Elon Musk I lump with the above, but take their opinions even less seriously as they're fully enslaved to a company.
I ignore posters with no avatars as they might as well not exist.

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
Well since I switched my avatar to Gohan I imagine people will find me annoying cause for some odd reason some just do not like him.

Don't matter he still the best DBZ character that's a great father.

Pantaghana

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Croatia
I will admit that some avatars featuring an extreme closeup of a characters face trying to look tough makes me wonder if that poster has some insecurities and that is their way of making up for that.
Stupid, I know, but purely a reflex feeling after some real-life experience.

I occasionally wonder what people think of my avatar.

Hoo-doo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
On GAF it wasn't a rare thing to get nasty PM's about the smugness of my avatar. Some people really hate it.

Welcome to the real world, suckas.

Azraes

Oct 28, 2017
London
I guess the avatar does give away the tone of the poster but the question I'd ask is if someone consistently uses an avatar does it influence how they behave under a particular avatar. Does having a more goofy irreverent one encourage you to post more irreverently and does having a more serious tone make you post more seriously. I'm curious if the mask we're hiding under reflects on how we choose to act/reflect our online persona as well?