• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Parenegade

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Simpe question. If someone asks you how attracted you are to someone else do you think it's wrong to convey that with a number?

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I personally don't do the number rating thing. It just feels like I'm evaluating an item or product.

I'm not bothered if other people do it though.

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I think rating your level of attraction to somebody is different than assigning an actual numerical rating to a human being.

samoyed

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It is a toxic mindset because it inherently ranks people as you would a game and is casually dehumanizing.

Just as video game review scores poison video game discourse so do "attractiveness numbers" poison casual discourse.

Also just like video game review scores it's not a 1-10 range but a 7-10 range because everyone knows deep down it's rude to refer to someone as a 1. So you already feel the shame of doing it, you're just in denial.

Oct 25, 2017
The problem is when you say shit like "She's a 10", you're literally just assigning value to their looks and objectifying them.

Just fucking say you find them attractive.

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
It's something i genuinely dont think I've ever done. Always thought it was some joke trope from movies, not a real thing people do.
Im either attracted or not.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
"Wrong" is a silly word choice for the context.

More appropriate options may include "shallow" or possibly "pathetic".

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
Yes, reducting people to numbers and "grade reviewing" people with numbers IS objectfying people. No, I don't care if your review-of-products wired brain think you need to grade people for some reason, that's still objectfying.

The only people that I'm okay of giving a grade are those that give grades to others. Those get a 0.

Baron Von Beans

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Hotornot.com was an obsession of mine when I was younger. People rank everything in theit lives, problems come out when those opinions become public

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Official Staff Communication
Locking Thread. This is a reaction thread, which we generally don't allow here.

Status
Not open for further replies.