• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

nintendoman58

Oct 25, 2017
The kingdoms in Mario Odyssey, while fairly large, are small enough that I feel that Nintendo could churn out one or two extra kingdoms as DLC.

After finishing the main storyline and still going through the post-game I've just had a craving for wandering around these little worlds that Nintendo made and I want more.

Considering how Nintendo remade the outside area of the Mushroom Kingdom (complete with Mario 64 music), this could be an opportunity to see remixes of other Mario locations like Bob-Omb Battlefield, Isle Delfino, or Rosalina's Observatory.

What say you, Era?

Deleted member 5535

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Unfortunately not. If there was a dlc, it would be announced before of the release of the game.

Neonep

Oct 25, 2017
The kingdoms in Mario Odyssey, while fairly large, are small enough that I feel that Nintendo could churn out one or two extra kingdoms as DLC.

After finishing the main storyline and still going through the post-game I've just had a craving for wandering around these little worlds that Nintendo made and I want more.

Considering how Nintendo remade the outside area of the Mushroom Kingdom (complete with Mario 64 music), this could be an opportunity to see remixes of other Mario locations like Bob-Omb Battlefield, Isle Delfino, or Rosalina's Observatory.

What say you, Era?
Collect all of the moons in every kingdom before asking this.

neufel

Oct 29, 2017
Switzerland
This could be a huge opportunity and would keep their flagship game in the news for multiple months if the DLC were full of nice throwbacks.

On the other hand, compared to their DLC policy on BOTW, it seems a bit weird to think there would be no announcements at this point. So, either Nintendo heard that talking about DLC *before* release made a few people angry and they decided to stop doing that... or it's unlikely.
I sure hope it's the first one though, as DLC with more levels and not just "extra features" is the best kind of paid extra-content.

mindsale

Oct 29, 2017
I'd rather they work on a sequel than DLC. I'd love to see a Galaxy 2 to Odyssey's Galaxy.

LuigiV

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Perth, Australia
Not impossible but it does seem unlikely. Nintendo would have already made an announcement by now if they were planning DLC. But then again, anything can happen.

Nav

Oct 27, 2017
I think so. DLC could be announced via Direct, as with Smash or MK8 DLC. I think we will see something in January and it will release next year during a lighter month.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Unfortunately not. If there was a dlc, it would be announced before of the release of the game.
Well to be fair you never know with Nintendo, the season pass for Zelda was announced before the game came out, but in a case of something like Mario Kart 8 on the Wii U for example the dlc for it was announced after the game was already out.
Edit: beaten like a first place player by a blue shell.

Johnny

Oct 28, 2017
They are not done with Cappy. I think that they are already working on Odyssey 2, which is why I believe we won't be seeing DLC.

Deleted member 5535

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well to be fair you never know with Nintendo, the season pass for Zelda was announced before the game came out, but in a case of something like Mario Kart 8 on the Wii U for example the dlc for it was announced after the game was already out.
Edit: beaten like a first place player with a blue shell.

I hope so and I would love to be wrong since Mario Odyssey is one of my favorites in this year and my favorite Mario. But looking to what they did in the past two years with DLC, from what I remember they've been making the announcement before the release.

Garf02

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I would like more kingdoms but at the same time I believe each will take a lot of time, cause IMO the design is superb, even tho each kingdom skyview are is small, teh design, caves, and verticallity make up for it on folds.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, please. Would buy so hard. I'm guessing they're saving it to be one of next year's "big" DLC for a slow month. Also, gotta give Ballad room to breathe during holiday 2017.

Chazzhay

Oct 29, 2017
I think a modular DLC approach makes a bit more sense than a full sequel, the idea of another 800+ moons to collect is a bit mind-boggling...

But really I'd happy to see more content either way, loved it so much so anything more is a great thought.

Yoshi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Unfortunately, I guess it is a possibility. I would much prefer a full-on Odyssey 2 though. DLC is annoying for preservation.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I think it's unlikely. The 3d World/Odyssey team still hasn't gone for DLC with any of their games, and so far nothing has been announced, while generally Nintendo has announced DLC plans before a game comes out.

I guess there's a small chance they could release it as a big pack, while also selling it as a standalone game, like New Super Luigi U for New Super Mario Bros U, rather than an iterative Osyssey 2 standalone sequel, but even that at this point is pure speculation.

Based0ne

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
USA
New worlds with even more moons? Sign me up especially due to the fact that collecting them can be addicting for me. Maybe time trial challenges could be a thing as well.

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
I expect more Odyssey as either DLC or a sequel. Probably a sequel though. I'm sure Nintendo will have no problem crafting $60 worth of new Kingdoms.

MarcyPoos

Oct 25, 2017
I want a sequel. There's so much more they could do with the new mechanics and structure in Odyssey.

Listonosh

Oct 25, 2017
seeing as Isle Delfino is already cut content, I can definitely see it
This is confirmed? I was wondering if Delfino was in the game after seeing
Mushroom kingdom and its moons being stars
Bummed out it wasn't, but I'd gladly pay Nintendo for more Kingdoms down the line. A buddy of mine on here said that the reason why everyone is so keen on DLC for Mario rather than being turned off by it, stems from them not announcing DLC beforehand. So now that everyone got to experience the game, they'll want more, and DLC would provide that. That logic makes a lot of sense to me. At least comparing it to other AAA games that tout season passes months before the game is released, which always feels just a little slimy to me.

Kyzon Xin

Oct 25, 2017
I'd love a full Peach's Castle DLC with paintings to jump into, and a few remixed worlds. Top it off with ultimate Bowser at the end and I'm golden.

The music alone would be worth

Pez

Oct 28, 2017
They should just remake Super Mario 64 with this engine. Would be amazing.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
I think it's absolutely possible, but I wouldn't expect it just because they're usually keen on announcing it early like others have pointed out.

But I'd love to randomly see a direct announce an expansion pass like they did for Mario Kart 8 back on the Wii U bringing some cut content back.

DontHateTheBacon

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
I feel like that would be the best/ideal way to add more content to the game, and after seeing that they're willing to do DLC with Zelda, I can definitely see them wanting to toss in a few more kingdoms for $15-$20.

Punchline

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The evidence for Delfino is kiiind of there in the game. On the globe when it spins, a invisible modeled bump shines against the light being reflected off it. There's also that ad that featured Delfino.

Kind of seems like it was cut and unfinished content that will probably be added as DLC.

Brock

Oct 28, 2017
Pewter City Gym
I really hope so, I don't want to have to wait another 5+ years for another open world Mario game unless they release an Odyssey 2 like they did with Galaxy.

Bán

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was actually surprised how small the levels are considering the amount of moons in them. I was expecting massive levels with moons spread out more like in 64 or Sunshine. But instead there are simply moons litered everywhere.

Some levels are quite large - Sand Kingdom, Luncheon Kingdom and Seaside Kingdom, for example. But others like the Lake Kingdom or Snow Kingdom wouldn't feel out of place (in terms of scale) in Mario Sunshine.

That said, there's already so many moons in the game that I'm not sure how much value adding more would have unless there was some new playable character or new mechanic to spice things up. If anything, a new playable character that acts as a 'hard mode' is exactly what I'd want.

Barrel_Roll

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I would not mind a level pack of "challenging" levels. But there's more than enoug in the base game that I won't bemoan the lack of DLC.