• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

nentindo

Oct 25, 2017
seeing how comfortable they are with Zelda having DLC, story-based nonetheless, i have small hopes for
Isle Delfino DLC

casey_contra

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
I could see additional kingdoms or even additional areas in existing kingdoms just based on the naming conventions they use. A suburb in the Metro Kingdom, or an elaborate sandcastle in the Seaside Kingdom. Even something new in the Cap Kingdom would be cool. But most of all I would want to return to
The Ruined Kingdom <3

Edit: I feel like I say this in every thread about Odyssey, but I absolutely love the tonal shift around DLC. In an age where a lot of companies are criticized for their approach, I do think that Nintendo has a really good philosophy of shipping complete games and offering optional additions.

Good exapmles are Mario Kart, Hyrule Warriors, Fire Emblem and Zelda (though I know some people took issue with DLC pack one for that one).

It just makes sense! Pay $60 for a complete, amazing game and throw 'em a few extra bucks to expand it.

weekev

Is this a test?
Oct 25, 2017
My feeling is that NIntendo will do it if they feel they can add to the game. They dont really do things at the behest of the fans, they do it because thye think they can please the fans.Which is a subtle difference.

memoryman3

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I am skeptical that this game will get DLC. Only internally developed games that got paid DLC were Mario Golf, Mario Kart 8 and Zelda.

FantaSoda

Oct 28, 2017
How would you guys feel about a Mario sequel that was primarily levels from previous Mario games, but with new missions/objectives in them?

I think about the nostagia I get from Mario Kart when playing on "Classic" tracks, and I would like a Mario game where I got to play a lot of those classic levels again.

Shoe

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, they're a possibility, but I think a Galaxy 2 esque sequel is more likely.

Which is good because Galaxy 2 and Odyssey are the GOATs

JoRu

Oct 25, 2017
Give me more. Don't care if it's a sequel or DLC, just give me more.

Not that there's little in Odyssey...it's just that it's too good for any amount being enough.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
What about a Galaxy Kingdom, Mario 2 dream kingdom or a Mario Land Kingdom? The possibilities are endless for what they can do with this series.

jakoo

Oct 27, 2017
No time for DLC when Nintendo is already working on Captain Toad's Treasure Odyssey using the same engine.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't mind a new kingdom or two. There are one or two "Mario standard" concepts that the game doesn't really do anything with - there's no ghost/haunted world, for example.

I would pay a couple of bucks for some entirely new environments to explore and mess around in.

Evilmaus

Oct 27, 2017
Given that nothing has been announced yet, id say it's doubtful. Would be nice to think they're not going down this route because they'd rather start work on a sequel instead.

kirbyfan407

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's a possibility. The criticism that Nintendo received when announcing Breath of the Wild's season pass before launch might have pushed them to stay quiet and wait until people were fully aware of the base content before making the announcement.

Brewster123

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Charlottesville, VA
I wouldn't be surprised if, instead of dlc, we see a sequel using the same engine, but with different levels and a new story line. It wouldn't take as long to make, and it would give the Switch a second Mario game 2-3 years down the line.

Computer

Oct 31, 2017
Scotland
The 3D Mario games always felt like COMPLETE experiences to me. It would be weird to put DLC in for me, however I never expected Zelda to do it and it seems to have went over okay.

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
We didn't get a season pass... I think that's a pretty good sign they are moving onto another project. Let's all cross our fingers for Odyssey 2! ;)

Oct 25, 2017
Considering how well the game is selling, I'd say it's a strong possibility. Maybe not soon, but I could see Nintendo programming it in during a potential game release void in 2018. Especially considering their 2018 plans for the Switch seem awfully empty at this point.

Edit: I keep seeing people saying they'd rather have a sequel, which I would too, but I suspect that if there is DLC, it's already being worked on. Especially since from what I recall, Odyssey has been basically finished for quite some time now.

Last edited:

JoRu

Oct 25, 2017
Prediction: they'll have a January Direct where one of the things they announce is an Odyssey expansion pass similar to the Zelda one; you get a challenge pack in existing kingdoms (+ maybe one new kingdom) in expansion 1 (maybe late Spring), and then expansion 2 with 3 new kingdoms in early Fall. You also get new costumes with every expansion, as well as some that are available right from the beginning when the expansion pass goes on sale. $20.

Oct 26, 2017
I could see additional kingdoms or even additional areas in existing kingdoms just based on the naming conventions they use. A suburb in the Metro Kingdom, or an elaborate sandcastle in the Seaside Kingdom. Even something new in the Cap Kingdom would be cool.

Sure, they could even go full Sonic and have a San Francisco themed level.

I suppose they could cross into Galaxy territory where the sequel is a tour of the solar system instead of the globe, you could have 10 or so planets with some other distractions along the way.