Will We See Zack Snyder Justice League Part 2 in Some Capacity?

• Yes, Movie or mini series

Votes: 27 11.4%
  • Yes, as a comic

Votes: 42 17.8%
  • Yes, as another media

Votes: 15 6.4%
  • Unsure, to soon to tell

Votes: 30 12.7%
  • No, let the past die

Votes: 122 51.7%

• Total voters

Star-Lord

Oct 25, 2017
So let me say the initial 100 reviews on Rotten Tomatoes is quite positive still 75% and assuming that this movie will become popular on HBO Max and viewers around the world do you believe we will see a Zack Snyder sequel in some way or form?

I believe if this movie is successful we will probably be given a comic book follow-up that will give an outline of what was to follow. I don't really believe a film or tv show will be made due to several reasons.
1) the timeline has moved on
2) Some actors aren't coming back
3) It would get confusing

That's why I think a comic book will come out to nicely wrap up the Snyderverse
Also... I wrote his name right this time everybody!

Zor

Oct 30, 2017
Most likely animated if I had to guess.

He's involved with a Army of the Dead animated spin off so I could imagine his plans for JL2 & 3 seeing a same treatment without the need for multi-million dollar investment on the scale of live action.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe if The Batman isn't that good, they may go back to the old version, but I wouldn't count on it.

NewErakid

Jan 17, 2018
I would still rather an actually good director get their shot at the material. Snyder's had his fair shair of opportunities.

Aldo

Mar 19, 2019
I doubt it. Comics could be likely, but I think there's far too much vocal negativity around his take on the franchise to let them even attempt something like this. I surely hope they do.

Oct 25, 2017
When it comes to superheroes WB seems to use this model of business lately
DjUt0MF.gif

which means I dont know what to vote for
but I am inclined to say not as a movie, but maybe in another form of media like comic or animation

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
If it happens, it'll be in either animated or comic form. I don't think WB would give him the budget for a big movie or even series.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe? I mean even that flash movie is happening somehow. I have no idea where the DCU is heading

JayCB64

Oct 25, 2017
Wales
I could see it as a comic, sure. I think that's the best case scenario. Saw someone say they should do it on HBO Max only, but it just seems so risky for them to give him a full budget again - have to imagine one of the main reasons this was given the green light was the price tag was so low and it was all just sitting there ready to be edited at a time where we're all stuck inside and forced to watch streaming stuff.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
As far as movies go, no. Aquaman made more money than Batman v Superman at the box office.

I could see Zack Snyder being asked to co-write a Knightmare-verse comic book. I don't think that would be Justice League Part 2 with the likenesses of the actors.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
I'd be okay with a Snyder Justice League 2.

Just....not with a certain plot element that was going to be in the sequels.

Bruce and Lois having a baby is just ugh.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Most likely animated if I had to guess.

He's involved with a Army of the Dead animated spin off so I could imagine his plans for JL2 & 3 seeing a same treatment without the need for multi-million dollar investment on the scale of live action.

We already have Justice League Dark: Apokolips War, can we just pretend that's the edgy sequel?

Oneiros

Oct 27, 2017
Not in live-action. An animated movie makes sense, even though there have already been ones similar to Snyder's plotline.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
No. It's one thing to spend 70 million tossing together a TV movie from old footage to have something for HBO Max, it's another to spend 200 plus million on a film with limited appeal and, as we saw, quickly diminishing returns.

Emrober5

Oct 27, 2017
Unlikely, but a comic isn't out if the question...getting Affleck back for Flash is about as good as we are getting on the film or tv series standpoint.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
I sure hope not. Zack doesn't know how to handle these characters. That was obvious after MoS and painfully clear after BvS. DC fans deserve good movies about these characters and Zack deserves to spend the rest of his career making movies he fully owns and can do whatever he wants in. Everyone needs to move on from this disastrously failed experiment already.

He wasn't helped being stuck with two godawful screenwriters, either. A lot of MoS' failings are classic David Goyer script failings.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
Aren't there going to be 2 or 3 different Batmen with film series coming out and Flashpoint?

Do I want JL part 2 to happen? Not really. Do I think it will happen? Seems like a greater than 0 chance.

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
Warner Bros let him make two more movies than they should have, and gave him another 70 million after that, so who knows?

WB is inscrutable.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Maybe a comic. Unless WB decides to be a dodo again, which y'know, totally possible, they aren't going to spend 200-300 million dollars again on a director who consistently failed to give them the box office profits they wanted. I'm not even sure Snyder would want to come back and WB seems to have largely moved on. Snyder Cut is to boost their HBO Max streaming platform, nothing more.

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
Depends how successful the Snyder Cut is, but I can absolutely see them asking him to return and make at least one more movie if it's critically successful and has good viewership numbers/new subscriptions.

I guess the question would be how they plan on dealing with the mess that is the complete lack of continuity that would create as well as the question of getting all the actors back for it as well

Beren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Only if he goes nowhere near Superman. His hatred of the character has been fucking up Supes and has meant over a decade of shit Superman in cinema.

Deleted member 8579

Oct 26, 2017
They aren't giving him a near 200 million budget, no.

It's more likely WB just start all over again eventually.