• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Do you use the ignore thread function

• Yes

Votes: 207 52.3%
  • No

Votes: 189 47.7%

• Total voters

John Doe

Avenger
Jan 24, 2018
So I noticed that we can ignore threads now.

How much, if at all do you use this feature?

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I use the ignore thread function built into my head.

Burly

Oct 25, 2017
All the time, like 8 - 10 times a day. I wish there was a shortcut on the main forum page so you didn't have to go into the thread.

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2017
Thread Ignore is a god-send. I'm using it pretty frequently, mostly on stuff I simply don't give a shit about. Especially speculation threads about games or movies that are not out yet, because nobody knows anything and it's just one step removed from empty fan-fiction. (Smash speculation threads were the worst, just people saying "Goku?? Rayman???" over and over) Also, with this forum's obsession with Marvel movies and people making threads about completely random shower-thoughts about them or the 10000th argument about Thanos or whatever the fuck, I can just hit Ignore and not have to see them again.

I wish I could set filters to automatically ignore threads on certain keywords.

Also, I wish there was a way to hide threads without having to enter them, would be especially useful for leak threads where I don't want to get spoiled on the movie/game/show and I don't want to risk accidentally clicking on it.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Yup! It's legit one of my favorite features of new Era. Any time I see a thread that is clearly just meant to start shit, or is a topic that I know I'll be tempted to wade into with no hope of coming out with productive conversation, I'll just block it. Speculation threads, threads about how poorly RDR2 plays, the 20th LTTP thread for The Witcher 3, it can all go lol

galv

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely. And users too. Could you imagine not being able to ignore the Phantom Thief spam?

wvan13

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. There's some things I see on the thread list that I realize I don't want to see anymore. Pop in real quick, hide the thread, and I continue on.

vatstep

Oct 25, 2017
I used it for the Real Pic January thread because I knew that shit was gonna be near the top for a month straight

Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely. And users too. Could you imagine not being able to ignore the Phantom Thief spam?
2d2.jpg

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
I'm very glad to have the option to remove useless noise threads from the thread listing, especially considering the massive number of stupid "vs" and "hype check" threads on the gaming side.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Yes, and mods, if you're listening: please add the feature to ignore a thread without having to click into it.

OP
OP

John Doe

Avenger
Jan 24, 2018
This thing is a godsend. So many threads I can now ignore.

The ones I think are troll/gimmick threads for starters.

Deleted member 18360

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I voted no, but it's not a principled stance, I'm just not savvy/didn't notice. It seems that it must be useful.

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I didn't until I saw this thread. Forgot it existed. There are plenty of threads (DatingERA, for example) that I will never go in, so why not clean up my feed a bit?

Thanks, OP!

AlteredBeast

Don't Watch the Tape!
Oct 27, 2017
The titles of some threads are intended to be clever, and instead are just annoying. I block those threads, no question.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
I don't think I put anyone on ignore here (other than Cybersai, who's a known troll it seems), and I don't think I'd be able to ignore entire threads, so no, I don't use it.

Oct 25, 2017
Yup, the threads that are ban-bait and not for actual discussion, most the depressing news, any of Trump's tweets (they all have their own thread) and comic book/superhero stuff and some television shows I don't care for.

MirVie

Nov 17, 2017
All the time, like 8 - 10 times a day. I wish there was a shortcut on the main forum page so you didn't have to go into the thread.

A function usable from the main page would be great! If I want to ignore a thread, I most certainly don't want to read it or reward it with a click.

Oct 25, 2017

There's a Greasemonkey script that let's you ignore threads by clicking on an X next to it. It will only work on Desktop though (your ignored threads won't transfer to mobile). I had it installed from before there was an official ignore thread option.

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
Yeah for comic book movie threads. There's usually so many. I really don't like comic book movies

ChrisR

Oct 26, 2017
Yup, really helpful when you can't ignore the OP of a thread you don't ever want to see again