• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Do you use the ignore thread function

• Yes

Votes: 207 52.3%
  • No

Votes: 189 47.7%

• Total voters

Sunster

The Fallen
Oct 5, 2018
maybe I'll use it for things like "Voice actors playing DoD" just because that thread basically lives on page 1 and i have less than 0 interest in it.

Liquidsnake

Oct 27, 2017
I have 45 people on my ignore list, (A lot of them banned) and I go through and ignore all political threads on a daily basis. It makes this forum so much more enjoyable not seeing an entire first page devoted to Trump quotes, tweets, news.

Deleted member 32374

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
I go back and forth between ignoring members and threads. Last week I caught a ban because of some old bad blood surrounding Disney/MCU and I'm fucking done with that topic and people who post there. If I get pissed when I see a avatar, time for ignore list.

Also why I'm going no avatar from now on. An avatar is a fucking target on your back around here sometimes.

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland
I never have, but I should ignore anime threads.

Yeah. I started ignoring anime threads mainly because the subject lines are incomprehensible. I'd find myself clicking on a thread just to find what is was about, realise I did the same thing the previous day, then think "didn't they recently introduce a thread ignore feature"

It's not the fault of the anime fans, but for those of us who are not interested in the subject matter the intrusion of bizarre discussions requiring an intensive knowledge of the subject matter can be tiring.

I'm pretty sure most people would feel the same if many of us were to post a lot of threads about developmental evolution or orbital mechanics. Not every topic is to everybody's taste.

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Nah. If the thread title doesn't interest me, I won't check it out. I don't feel a need to look at every single thread.

Oct 26, 2017
There are some posters here way too eager to antagonize in threads. I post a few replies, but when the poster shows they're too stubborn and have to have last word, I ignore thread and toss off the notifications to not show if I am replied to. Helps make sure I truly walk away. I imagine there are a lot of replies to me that I've never seen thanks to ignore thread. And I don't want to ignore a user and still participate in a given thread---I'd rather never ignore people, even if they are asshats. Just the topics that bring the worst in them out.

Plum

May 31, 2018
I do tend to ignore threads that seem to simply be there to either make people angry, create arguments (not the good kind) and/or depress people. That "Black Panther wins CGI BAFTA" thread, for example, it was new news so it has every right to exist but it's so obvious that it was made for the sole purpose of creating heated arguments about Black Panther. Ignoring those kinds of threads just makes the front page a little bit nicer to look at. Ditto on that "let us ignore stuff from the front page," request; that would be great but I understand if it's not possible.

As for members, I've got two people on ignore and I can't even remember why I put them there. I don't like the idea of ignoring members not because I want to see everyone's posts but because if they do reply to me I won't be able to see it. Sometimes I wonder how many ignore lists I'm on lol

LosDaddie

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Longwood, FL
I don't ignore threads, or ignore people.

Era, and GAF before it, are purely entertainment for me. I have a couple coworkers/friends who are on Era but mainly post on the Gaming side. Our group chat about Era is poppin

pollo

Oct 25, 2017
This thing is annoying I spent half a day looking for the poli era thread and couldn't find it. Turns out I had ignored it. Didn't even realize this function existed.

Deleted member 23850

Oct 28, 2017
Nah. It's super easy to just ignore anything that doesn't interest me (which are most threads) without resorting to ignoring a thread.

woopWOOP

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yes
Plenty of threads I don't care to click that linger on page 1 for far too long

Sometimes I even end up putting the OP on ignore because having only the thread on ignore will still make it appear on the front-page for newest posts, while it doesn't with the former. For some reason.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Only by accident. Mobile on here is a disaster with text input lagging, autofail instead of autocorrect, screen jumping around, frivilous popups about there being new posts no shit, lagging scrolling causing a drag to scroll hitting watch, ignore, or follow.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
I use that script that the one user created so I can do threads and keywords, and I have a long list of anime, wrestling and fast food restaurant-related words in there. Still, I always gotta keep adding because every fucking day there's a new thread about some Dragon Ball Z character I've never heard of. Why can't that shit just have a Hangout thread?

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland
Only by accident. Mobile on here is a disaster with text input lagging, autofail instead of autocorrect, screen jumping around, frivilous popups about there being new posts no shit, lagging scrolling causing a drag to scroll hitting watch, ignore, or follow.

I use ResetERA exclusively on mobile. Using a really old Moto G1 until a few months ago, now using a not very new G5S, I could hardly be accused of using cutting edge technology. I experience none of those problems.

Oct 25, 2017
I go back and forth between ignoring members and threads. Last week I caught a ban because of some old bad blood surrounding Disney/MCU and I'm fucking done with that topic and people who post there. If I get pissed when I see a avatar, time for ignore list.

Also why I'm going no avatar from now on. An avatar is a fucking target on your back around here sometimes.

Better to change your avatar every few weeks than go no avatar. No avatar and people just learn your username. New avatar and they think you're a different person.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
I use ResetERA exclusively on mobile. Using a really old Moto G1 until a few months ago, now using a not very new G5S, I could hardly be accused of using cutting edge technology. I experience none of those problems.

Its been reported multiple times on the bug thread. It probably depends on the on screen keyboard and OS. Though I don't know how you aren't seeing the screen jump around for "new posts derp".

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
Oh, hell yes. If given the chance to ignore the emotionally stunted nerds who post threads like, "ERA, I forgot how to poop" you bet your ass I'm going to.

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
I never notice it! I might actually use it too. There are just some topics I have no interest in at all so removing the thread on them makes space for other threads when I visit the section. Thanks OP!

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
I ignore Star Wars threads because I just can't read another goddamn take on The Last Jedi/Disney shitting on people's childhoods or whatever.

I should start ignoring Nintendo speculation/hype threads too. Utter madness.

Blade30

Oct 26, 2017
Yep I use it, mostly on threads that keep popping up I have no interest in so I ignore it to declutter the forum but there are also things like this

Oh, hell yes. If given the chance to ignore the emotionally stunted nerds who post threads like, "ERA, I forgot how to poop" you bet your ass I'm going to.

If you make a thread asking me anything about poop, I hit ignore with a quickness.
... yeah I ignore/hide threads like this.