• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Do you wear fragrances?

• Yes, I care about how I smell throughout the day

Votes: 217 75.3%
  • No, I douse myself in Axe/shower gel

Votes: 32 11.1%
  • No, I'm all natural(and oblivious to the fact that I most likely stink)

Votes: 39 13.5%

• Total voters

Trice

Banned
Nov 3, 2018
Croatia
Fragrances have been the staple of my personal style for a very long time. I consider it an important factor if you care about your general appearance and hygiene. Other than your visual presentation, what strikes people first when they meet you is how you smell, it hits them directly and can leave a crucial impression. Quality fragrances can get a bit pricey but they last fairly long and are well worth the money. For a price of a full AAA game you can get a great smelling fragrance which will last you months. Not to mention how nice it feels when people compliment you and say that you smell wonderful.

Currently I'm wearing Versace Dylan Blue as my signature daily scent and Versace Eros for nightlife situations. Both very affordable, very summer-friendly and both are compliment galore.

tenor.gif

Adam_Roman

Oct 25, 2017
I have an aerosol thing from Bath and Body Works called Suede. It doesn't smell like suede but it doesn't smell like Axe so

Tanooki

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Givenchy's Gentleman. I don't wear it throughout the day though, just when I'm going out with friends or something.

Freshly showered, clean clothes, and deodorant is enough to not smell at the office, etc.

Nov 28, 2017
My wife has bought me a fragrance as a gift about 5-6 years ago. It's still about half full.
I use roll-on anti-perspirant and that's it.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No I hate the smell of colognes and most perfumes. I just use a lot of deodorant.

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
Nothing more than the scent my antiperspirant has.

Our office has a pretty strict no-scent policy, which I'm okay with as many perfumes/colognes are overwhelming, almost acrid, even in small quantities.

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017

Same. It's expensive but the reviews aren't lying - you will get a compliment every.single.day. I wear this on client sites and executive briefings. Be sure to buy from a reputable seller - lots of fakes out there.

Day to day when I'm working from home or in the office in my jeans? I unusually do a spritz of Tom Ford Black Orchid.

Last edited:

Eros

Oct 27, 2017
Polo Red I bought almost 3 years ago still has some juice left. Just a couple sprays I don't overdo it. Just joined Scentbird though, so I'll be trying some stuff out from them.

Supha_Volt

Nov 3, 2017
Yup. For right now I rotate between Nishane hacivat and imaginary author's Saint julep for the summertime

real2

Jan 31, 2019
Yes and i've spent more money than i'd like to admit on a collection. I haven't been wearing any because i'm a lazy fuck + tired all the time (working full time + doing pre med pre reqs = fuckme)

My favorite for general use would be Prada L'Homme. I also enjoy Allure Homme Sport Extreme. I also don't overspray like a high schooler because some people (mostly women i've noticed) that spray way too fucking much. Generally for most colognes I go 1-2 sprays max

BigDes

Knows Too Much
Oct 25, 2017
Tend to use dry colognes as the alcohol in the liquid ones can make me ready.

Currently using a fultob and roarke cedarwood accent. It's nice. The dry cologne being more subtle held as well

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
No, I can't stand it.

People who do leave a Donny Darko cologne trail behind them and I very much like to be able to taste what I eat and drink.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
No. I used to back in the 90's and early 00's, but not often anymore.

AcidCat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Bellingham WA
No, totally unnecessary since I use antiperspirant and shower each morning. Most people who put on THE SMELLS overdo it and have no clue, and trail a cloud of overpowering stink wherever they go.

ishan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
s1200716-main-zoom.jpg

s-l640.jpg

300m.jpg

My personal favorite is egoiste . (Not the platinum version)

Evidently their advert was pretty famous in its time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBd19R_5ysE

I dont like deodrants I prefer colognes. I use them pretty frequently. Used to have Burberry Brit for the common usage but I like Pace better after trying it.

Last edited:

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
Almost never. And i very much dislike when people try to hide their character flaws by using shitloads of fragrance.
It's can ruin a public space. And you might end up with a partner who's actual smell isn't even compatible.
It has NOTHING to do with hygiene.

But i do have a fragrance for special occasions. Hugo Boss (The Scent, i think).

XL Hoodie

Oct 25, 2017
U.S.
Nope. Cologne smells bad.

We shouldn't smell you at all. All you need is a daily shower, some pit stick and clean clothes.

Imagine getting everyone that voted yes into a room together.

OP
OP
Trice

Trice

Banned
Nov 3, 2018
Croatia
Yves Saint Laurent la nuit de l'homme
Jaguar Pace
Chanel Egoiste <- My personal favorite (not the platinum version)

I dont like deodrants I prefer colognes.
IMO deodorants shouldn't be used to smell good, they're better at their main purpose. I use scentless deodorant along with my fragrance.
why is there not an option for standard deodorant? Trice
That would be the middle option, good sir.

Nope. We shouldn't smell you at all.

Cologne smells bad. All you need is a daily shower, some pit stick and clean clothes.

Imagine getting everyone that voted yes into a room together.

That's a pretty strong statement. Maybe you just haven't smelled good cologne or had the misfortune of smelling people who overdo it. Your fragrance/scent should be intimate and the projection like within your arms reach, not too intrusive.

Jawbreaker

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Dior Fahrenheit for cold days.
Creed Aventus for warm days (though I've been buying a clone called Parfums Vintage Emperor Extrait which smells better than newer batches of Aventus).
Zara 9.0 when I want to grab something for any occasion/just doing casual stuff because it's inexpensive.

XL Hoodie

Oct 25, 2017
U.S.
That's a pretty strong statement. Maybe you just haven't smelled good cologne or just had the misfortune of smelling people who overdo it. Your fragrance/scent should be intimate and the projection like within your arms reach, not too intrusive.

You're right. I haven't smelled good cologne because there isn't any.

Doober

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
I really like Duke Cannon's line of solid colognes.

Their marketing is a little cringey sometimes but they make good stuff. Soap too.

OP
OP
Trice

Trice

Banned
Nov 3, 2018
Croatia
Dior Fahrenheit for cold days.
Creed Aventus for warm days.
Zara 9.0 when I just want to grab something for any occasion/just doing casual stuff because it's inexpensive.

Respect. That's my father's signature scent since forever. Creed is too pricey for me but I'd like to try it sometime.

Dylan blue is really amazing. Might buy another one since mind's empty.

Absolutely. I don't see myself replacing it anytime soon. I think I've found the ''one''.

zeioIIDX

Banned
Nov 25, 2017
Check out Demeter if you want some strange scents like paperback and earthworm. Lol. I wear Nautica Voyage. So good. Used to wear Black by Kenneth Cole back in high school.

divination

Oct 26, 2017
Nope, don't wear any. I also use unscented soap and antiperspirant. Strong scents tend to make me feel nauseous unfortunately.

Westbahnhof

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austria
Yes, I use a fragrance. I know it's somehow... not a good choice(?) according to some, but Davidoff Cool Water remains something that makes people tell me "I always smell so good". And I like it.
Sometimes I'll switch it up, but I like that one best.
Sometimes I'll only use shower gel and deodorant. It's good enough.

ishan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Jaguar Pace is insanely good value for money. So affordable yet such awesome performance and smell.
yup yup. I used burberry brit just tried pace and I was very impressed . I would def recommend it to someone wanting to try something cheap. Chanel, Yves etc are more expensive. Plus Pace also is familiar enough to ppl who like the "fresh" / "shower gel" smell.

Deleted member 984

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Mix it up dependent upon my mood.

Prada L'homme is my favourite at the moment as I prefer clean smelling fragrances. I did prefer Prada Infusion d'homme for that as it worked better with my natural smell but can't buy that any more.

Dislike anything that is heavily musk focused.

pillowtalk

Oct 10, 2018
Applied deodorant which is hidden under CLEAN clothes is my preferred smell in a closed environment.

behOemoth

Oct 27, 2017
I tend to use odorless cremes and deodarant, but I use 2 fragrances for social occasions like meetings or dates.
I use Bottega Veneta XV since this summer for meetings with friends
and Hugh Parsons King's Road for business meetings.

Dandy

Oct 25, 2017
No. I wear scent free antiperspirant and I don't stink. Vanity isn't worth a migraine for myself or the people who don't have a choice in being around me.