• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Do you wear fragrances?

• Yes, I care about how I smell throughout the day

Votes: 217 75.3%
  • No, I douse myself in Axe/shower gel

Votes: 32 11.1%
  • No, I'm all natural(and oblivious to the fact that I most likely stink)

Votes: 39 13.5%

• Total voters
Oct 25, 2017
Kuwait ⇄ Leeds, England
Yes.

Currently using this for summer:

375x500.31861.jpg

And this for Winter:

375x500.3747.jpg

Kitsunebaby

Oct 27, 2017
Annapolis, Maryland
I dont wear it most days. I work at a coffee shop and usually just end up smelling of coffee most days.

I love perfume, though, and like to wear it on most of my days off. I have a lot of different scents, depending on my mood (and outfit). For men's scents I like Viktor & Rolf Spicebomb and Maison Margiela Replica Jazz Club, both spicy scents with strong tobacco, leather, and vanilla notes. For women's scents I have a wider variety. I love most of the Giorgio Armani Si and Gioia lines. Most of Bvlgari's tea scents are lovely, but I especially love the Au the Rouge one.

Fizz

Jul 15, 2019
Ontario, Canada
I don't wear any cologne because I find it too cloying. I much prefer to use a fancier soap and a light deodorant/antiperspirant. My wife also prefers it this way.

Oct 28, 2017
Alcohol based spray stuff causes me to be headachy, sometimes veering off into migraine land. I mix a couple of drops of one of the masculine or unisex bpal perfume oils into my palmful of unscented lotion that I put on after showering. Currently working through a bottle of Aperotos Eros which is pretty woody on me.

They have far too wide of a variety of great scents and they have good ethics.

Eggiem

Oct 27, 2017
Diesel Only The Brave is something I would avoid because it has a very strong synthetic orange or lemon smell at first.
Poco Rabanne Invictus is the worst stuff when it comes to that synthetic smell. It smells like chewing gum mixed with cotton candy.
Nothing for me. Women dont like those either.

Acqua di Gio is killer (the good kind) on a date.

On overspraying: I don't do more than two spray presses. That's always enough and if it wears down you can refresh.

Last edited:

Jazzy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm using Hugo Man. I like it. I was using Polo Black for a bit which I also really liked.

ZeroDotFlow

Oct 27, 2017
I bet you're fun to be around.
Yeah because I choose to not make myself and others miserable?

Just use some odorless antiperspirant/deordorant and get on with it. If you're gonna put on some cologne or perfume you need to stop from making the entire five mile radius about yourself and only apply a very, very small amount.

Surface of Me

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I use axe cause it's cheap and easy, and I from time to time even get complimented and people ask what cologne I use. Voted for the first option since I won't be part of OP's elitism.

naib

Oct 25, 2017
ATX
When I was a teen my mom got me some imitation Aramis that I loved. Later I got the real stuff and didn't like it as much.

Won't lie, I did patchouli for awhile too.
Egyptian musk is the new patchouli

Now that I'm an old curmudgeon I can't stand most of them. That shit should be a subtle surprise if you're close enough to someone and not a screaming statement. I have a few coworkers I could track from the parking garage to their cube area.

If I can still smell you in an open air garage 5-10 minutes after you've been there you have on too fucking much.
That shit is olfactory pollution.

Deleted member 57378

User requested account closure
Banned
Jun 2, 2019
No, i shower and use deodorant.
Nothing is worse than smelling synthetic scents from 20 feet away. Id rather smell body odor, that doesn't affect my breathing.

Dan

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah because I choose to not make myself and others miserable?

Just use some odorless antiperspirant/deordorant and get on with it. If you're gonna put on some cologne or perfume you need to stop from making the entire five mile radius about yourself and only apply a very, very small amount.

200.gif

People who know how to wear fragrances generally know how to and how to not apply it.

And I'm most certainly not going to stop my ways because of your personal issues.

rAndom

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
On most days just deodorant.

On special occasions I wear perfume. Acqua Di Gio is my favorite as it smells clean and smooth compared to other perfumes.

Fatoy

Mar 13, 2019
Yep, every day - although I use a cheaper one when I'm just at home, and a more expensive one when I'm going out.

Day to day it's Paul Smith 2, which is fine and inoffensive. Going out, it's either Ombré Leather from Tom Ford, or Wonderwood by Comme des Garçons. I like smokey, woody, deep smells.

76307w.jpg

06-11-2018_commedesgarcons_wonderwoodeaudeparfum_100ml_65037654_gh_2.jpg

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018
I wear Déodorant. I buy it from this little boutique on the east side of Manhattan. I think it's called Wal-Mart.

Thorrgal

Oct 26, 2017
Fragrances have been the staple of my personal style for a very long time. I consider it an important factor if you care about your general appearance and hygiene. Other than your visual presentation, what strikes people first when they meet you is how you smell, it hits them directly and can leave a crucial impression. Quality fragrances can get a bit pricey but they last fairly long and are well worth the money. For a price of a full AAA game you can get a great smelling fragrance which will last you months. Not to mention how nice it feels when people compliment you and say that you smell wonderful.

Currently I'm wearing Versace Dylan Blue as my signature daily scent and Versace Eros for nightlife situations. Both very affordable, very summer-friendly and both are compliment galore.

tenor.gif

I use Versace Versence for the day (the green one) and Versace Dylan Blue/The Dreamer/Eros for the night. (also daily in autumn/winter)

I just love Versace fragances in general

Dinjooh

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
lacoste-eau-de-lacoste-blanc-pure-deo-stick-75ml.jpg

Usually go for deodorants that are 'fresh', and this one seems to hit the spot. Get plenty of compliments for it so, I'll keep rocking it.

MoogleWizard

Oct 27, 2017
Yes. I switch between L'instant de Guerlain pour Homme EDP, Lolita Lempicka au Masculin EDT & Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche EDP.

Thornton Reed

Oct 30, 2017
Yep, every day - although I use a cheaper one when I'm just at home, and a more expensive one when I'm going out.

Day to day it's Paul Smith 2, which is fine and inoffensive. Going out, it's either Ombré Leather from Tom Ford, or Wonderwood by Comme des Garçons. I like smokey, woody, deep smells.

76307w.jpg

You've got good taste

Deleted member 984

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

76307w.jpg

CdG and TF fragrances are some of the best quality and most original. I always find them hard to wear but when I get it right damn they smell good.

Awesome Kev

Banned
Jan 10, 2018
1159400111594001_axe_body_spray_for_men_apollo_4_oz_main.jpg

This is all you need right here guys. Wasting your money ok all that expensive designer stuff.

I have men and women of all ages tell me I smell amazing and ask me what I wear. They always think it's expensive. But nah, $3 can last me a couple months.

Vagabond

Oct 26, 2017
United States
Polo Red for important work meetings.

Givenchy Play for outings.

But I very rarely wear fragrance, colognes or oils in the summer. I'd rather do baby oil with the body powder with my fragranced deodorant and fragranced lotions. My fragrance of choice right now is Graphite from Bath and Body Works - body wash and lotion. Don't need the sprayer.

NTGYK

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
My day to day summer go-to is Calvin Klein Eternity Aqua (it's my girl's fave scent) but my summer preferred scent is Versace Pour Homme. My winter go-to has been Burberry London.

But, this week for some special events, I felt like getting something new.

I didn't feel like springing for Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille or Oud Wood which I've sampled in the past so I searched for something new. After testing like 15 colognes, I settled for Bvlgari Man in Black. I'm really digging it. It's quite sweet, probably more of a fall scent than summer but I dig how sweet it is.

475189.png

I also tried:

- Bleu de Chanel (didn't like it)
- Sauvage (didn't like it)
- Fucking Fabulous by Tom Ford (liked it, but not enough to justify the price tag)
- Givenchy Play Intense (pretty good)
- Clean Sueded Oud (liked it, but too subtle)

Everything else I tried was forgettable. I wanna try Versace Oud Noir but not sure where to sample it from and I don't wanna blind buy it.

rokkerkory

Banned
Jun 14, 2018
Issey Miyake for summer, D&G light blue for spring, chanel allure homme sport for fall / winter or dior sauvage

NTGYK

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Dior Fahrenheit for cold days.
Creed Aventus for warm days (though I've been buying a clone called Parfums Vintage Emperor Extrait which smells better than newer batches of Aventus).
Zara 9.0 when I want to grab something for any occasion/just doing casual stuff because it's inexpensive.
I've wanted to try Creed but nothing is really available in my area and it's too pricey to justify buying. I've never heard of Parfums Vintage. Are they worthwhile?

Deleted member 25140

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Givenchy Play Intense and Boss Bottled Intense are my faves, more of a fan of woody smells than sweet or musky smells

badboy78660

Oct 27, 2017
Used to wear the fuck out of cologne, but eventually fell out of it. Anyone I come across using perfume/cologne more often than not is using too much of it—shit stinks.