• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ChrisR

Oct 26, 2017
Not seeing anything about the bike getting stolen.
Maybe I just misread the article. I saw shot the doctor and rode away on his bike as indicating the bike was taken from the scene. Versus just saying rode away. If the bike wasn't stolen then my counter theory is out the window.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe I just misread the article. I saw shot the doctor and rode away on his bike as indicating the bike was taken from the scene. Versus just saying rode away. If the bike wasn't stolen then my counter theory is out the window.

The article says that they were both riding bikes. As the shooter passed by the doctor he turned and shot and continued to ride away.

Oct 27, 2017

Could be referring to the shooter riding away on his bike. The article describes this as a bicycle to bicycle shooting so he clearly was on his own bike at some point.

Oct 28, 2017
Bush Sr is a very elderly man with health complications. He is also a man with a lot of secrets, having run the CIA.

That doctor came to learn one of those secrets.

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Finner said investigators didn't know if the shooting was targeted, random or caused by road rage. He said a few people witnessed the shooting and video may become available.

Murder in broad daylight, getaway vehicle a bicycle, leaves multiple witnesses and is potentially recorded in the act.

I think they might catch 'em.

RustyNails

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Bush Sr is a very elderly man with health complications. He is also a man with a lot of secrets, having run the CIA.

That doctor came to learn one of those secrets.
Screen-Shot-2016-12-23-at-9.02.09-AM.png

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Rode away on "his" bike meaning the shooter's bike, or the doctor's?

If he didn't steal the doc's bike then this is a really bizarre story. Like you just wake up one day and go "I feel like murdering someone on my morning bike ride"?

pokeystaples

Oct 27, 2017
Despite being one of the best medical centers in the entire world, that area is actually pretty rough. It's just a few miles down from reliant and OST. People not familiar with houston might be shocked, but UH, Reliant Stadium, the medical center, etc? Those are all built like right next to the most dangerous parts of Houston.
I wouldn't call them Acres Homes level dangerous though. Let's not make it out to be the worse of the worst.

Gonzalez

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
seems like a pretty insensitive thing to insinuate out of the blue with absolutely no proof. I mean, you don't even know if he has a wife.
We're all speculating whether it was a random killing, or a hit. I'm leaning towards hit, and I'm thinking about the motivation. Unless he has mob ties that I don't know about, I'm going with somebody who knew him personally.

Deleted member 179

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah no way that's random. I know we Americans love to shoot things whenever possible. But this dude rode past, turned around and gunned the guy down. Something's up.

MagicHobo

Oct 27, 2017
I was in a hospital a short walk away when it went down and I know people that worked with him. The speculation was that it was personal, but that was word of mouth. The same word of mouth speculated it was him that got shot, which was before it was reported in the news so the rumors were at least halfway accurate.

pokeystaples

Oct 27, 2017
a 65 year old man was shot in broad daylight by a guy on a bike. Trying to classify "worse of the worst" beyond that seems like pedantry.
Its just a weird way to classify that area considering it's neither close to UH nor Reliant. Why not say it's near Rice?

Random, but my mom just called and told me she saw this shooting. She works in the med center. Weird timing.

dabig2

Oct 29, 2017
Is the fact he was HW Bushs doctor somehow relevant?

I think given the targeted aspect of this murder, it's relevant. When it comes to murders like these, people tend to ask "who did the victim know or was close to or had associations with". Well, a former President is a pretty big association to ignore. Much more when that President is an active client. We're now also talking a doctor who seems pretty prestigious to be able to land a job with a President, and he likely knows even more powerful people.

MoonScented

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Wtf, this is pretty terrifying.

Just imagine working hard your whole life to go to college, med school, get through residency, become a successful doctor only to have some random stranger decide to end your life in broad daylight while you're riding your bike to work. Classic US.

Horrifying, sickening, and so very sad.

Oct 28, 2017
I think given the targeted aspect of this murder, it's relevant. When it comes to murders like these, people tend to ask "who did the victim know or was close to or had associations with". Well, a former President is a pretty big association to ignore. Much more when that President is an active client. We're now also talking a doctor who seems pretty prestigious to be able to land a job with a President, and he likely knows even more powerful people.

That was 25 years ago. This seems like a bit of trivia designed to get clicks than a salient piece of background information. But I guess time will tell.

VISION

Oct 25, 2017
Just two shots to kill a moving target? That's extremely good aim to just be a random crazy with a gun.

Snake Eater

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sounds like the beginning of an episode of House of Cards

Mar 10, 2018
Just imagine working hard your whole life to go to college, med school, get through residency, become a successful doctor only to have some random stranger decide to end your life in broad daylight while you're riding your bike to work. Classic US.
You say that as if he didn't live a long, successful, and fulfilled life.

yogurt

Oct 25, 2017
It (probably) wasn't.

People watch too much TV.

A professional, generally speaking, isn't going to shoot his target while on a bike in broad daylight.
A few years ago a law professor in north Florida was assassinated in his driveway at 11AM. Was huge news around the state. Turns out it was a hit ordered by his ex-wife.

So yeah, these things are rare, but they do happen.

falcondoc

Oct 29, 2017
Work in the TMC and everyone is talking about this. Makes no sense. Everyone seems to think it was a hit.

Zip

Oct 28, 2017
Weird. Sounds like a hit job, but motive is unknown. Hopefully they catch the guy that did it.