• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Dwebble

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The Power of Three is still easily the best Doctor Who script Chris Chibnall has ever written.

EvilRedEye

Oct 29, 2017
I don't think the Beeb would allow him to do it yet. I think they are actually what is holding up Matt Smith or at least that's what he's implied in interviews.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
So, er, there's this:

We'll find out soon what this means...

Edit: Jacobi Master vs Unbound Universe Master, it appears.

Edit2: What. A. Title:
a4agewR.png

Last edited:

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
This may be old news as I only just recently got a new tv with Roku, but if you install the Pluto TV app, there's a whole channel dedicated to streaming classic Who. Its been showing Tom Baker episodes all day, currently on Talons.

Oct 25, 2017
Have there been any updates on the VR game that was announced a few months ago? I remember them saying September back when it was announced.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Certainly I think it's closer than it's ever been. I think he's still thawing, though, hopefully he has a wonderful experience and sees all the love there is for him!

It's been really encouraging reading his most recent comments and reflections, he definitely seems to be in a much better place these days.

EvilRedEye

Oct 29, 2017
Just a quick stock alert - the Season 26 collector's Blu-ray is now starting to run out of stock so better order now if you want to secure one.

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
are the classic series Bluray sets being officially released in Australia?
Yes, they're (mostly) the same as the UK release. Packaging has changed for the worst after the third set though.

Just a quick stock alert - the Season 26 collector's Blu-ray is now starting to run out of stock so better order now if you want to secure one.
Ordered mine the day it was announced and still really bothered the BBC is being so difficult with these sets. Just release them normally already for about half a year instead of having them be unavailable even before the official launch depending on the season...

EvilRedEye

Oct 29, 2017
Ordered mine the day it was announced and still really bothered the BBC is being so difficult with these sets. Just release them normally already for about half a year instead of having them be unavailable even before the official launch depending on the season...

I was shocked when I checked eBay the prices for the initial Season 12 set last night and saw it was going for £300-£400. Should have bought two - could have eBayed one and been able to break even on buying most of the collection!

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I missed that set when I found out it was a thing. The announcement of the Season 12 set was so poorly done and it was gone before most knew it would be a thing. Honestly I'm a bit surprised the BBC did that one rather small and just kind of shoved it aside for the other seasons and never looked back despite them reprinting two discs because of a authorization error on the discs and having to redo the reprint as well because of another mistake on one of the two discs. Just re-release that boxset already, it was such a hot mess of a release and those ebay prices are just... Well just bugger those people :(

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Can someone explain to me how Big Finish downloads work? Want to get my wife some of the recent Tenth Doctor ones for her birthday, but having never listened before, I'm not sure how this process works...like would I buy the download, then I just send her the file (or link?) to download onto her phone? Is there a specific app you need to listen to it?

Radiophonic

Oct 25, 2017
Can someone explain to me how Big Finish downloads work? Want to get my wife some of the recent Tenth Doctor ones for her birthday, but having never listened before, I'm not sure how this process works...like would I buy the download, then I just send her the file (or link?) to download onto her phone? Is there a specific app you need to listen to it?
You can either download directly off the BF website, or use their app. The Big Finish app is obviously easier if you're listening on that device. You just log in on the app and it shows what you own, and you can then download it. No idea if you can send someone a link, but I'd be surprised if they didn't have a gifting function of some kind.

Tl;dr: the app is easier

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
You can either download directly off the BF website, or use their app. The Big Finish app is obviously easier if you're listening on that device. You just log in on the app and it shows what you own, and you can then download it. No idea if you can send someone a link, but I'd be surprised if they didn't have a gifting function of some kind.

Tl;dr: the app is easier
Thanks!

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That's really cool, been following the recreation for a while, but didn't know that the BBC actually endorsed it. Terrific!

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Some tangential news but might interest people here:

Just on the Radio 2 Breakfast Show they announced that there's an album of covers on the way to support Children In Need where various fairly big-name celebrities are performing covers of well-known songs, and at 7:45 this morning they spoke to Jodie Whittaker and heard her take on Coldplay's Yellow - which was considerably better than I was expecting. They also mentioned a few others, and one that *really* excites me is David Tennant covering The Proclaimers' Sunshine on Leith.

OP
OP
Dwebble

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
They're still filming after the point where you'd expect a normal series to be filming, but we don't know what for, and there's been absolutely no information.

ClivePwned

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I wouldn't be holding my breath for a new season till at least a few months into 2020 but fingers crossed. If they've taken the time to work on the scripts, then that would be worth the wait.

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I need to know the source, I need to watch the entire thing!
Edit: nice, poster attached the entire video. So good!

Arcsurvivor

Jul 13, 2018
I'm not sure I gave the new doctor a fair chance chance but maybe the next season will feel more familiar/interesting.

Will wait and see for their direction of the show.

CD_93

Dec 12, 2017
Lancashire, United Kingdom
Some tangential news but might interest people here:

Just on the Radio 2 Breakfast Show they announced that there's an album of covers on the way to support Children In Need where various fairly big-name celebrities are performing covers of well-known songs, and at 7:45 this morning they spoke to Jodie Whittaker and heard her take on Coldplay's Yellow - which was considerably better than I was expecting. They also mentioned a few others, and one that *really* excites me is David Tennant covering The Proclaimers' Sunshine on Leith.

You're right. It's not bad.

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Got my Season 23 boxset, never watched anything of the sixth Doctor, same as with the third, so very excited. I'm very much aware that the season will be one hell of a ride for all the wrong reasons, but that opening shot was... Well that honestly was pure gold. Damn that model work was absolutely crazy!

ClivePwned

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I decided to have a quick look at the Trial-less version of Terror of the vervoids on the season 23 bluray. I love the new version of the title sequence they did for it. (it sort of looks halfway between the colin baker titles and the Eccleston/Tennant seqience.

It also shows how the move to 1" tape used to record the series from 1984 looks worse than the 2" used before. It looks less sharp

god bonnie langford, probably great elsewhere but as a non-brit, I've only ever seen her in this, is playing this like a precocious 13 year old in Famous Five.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Rewatched Day of the Doctor last night. This is probably the 4th time I've seen this episode but it's the first time where I felt like I really liked it (not that I didn't before, but I've never felt the same enthusiasm for it that most have). John Hurt really is excellent. While it's a shame we couldn't see Eccleston again, I think Hurt and the War Doctor work at least just as well if not better for this story.

"No sir, all thirteen!" is still such a hype moment. What a great surprise that was.

also, I'm probably way lttp on this, but I'd always thought the 'breaking the wall' music had originated from Heaven Sent, but it's actually from the 50th, when the Doctors have their epiphany about the plan to save Gallifrey.