• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Pizza Dog

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Should be a trailer on Saturday. The Mirror, who have been spot on with DW news the last few years, say the new series starts NY Day and will then air weekly. A Christmas special has already been filmed for next year.
Blimey, that's pretty far in advance. If they've got a Christmas special filmed already it's strange that they wouldn't just show it at Christmas this year, although I suppose just because it's filmed doesn't mean that post production would be ready in time.

In other Doctor Who news, Jodie, Mandeep and Tosin made an appearance on Children in Need last weekend, thought it was quite sweet.

Last edited:

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Do we know they filmed a Christmas special though? Since S12 is rumored to be starting on New Year's Day, it could have been a New Year's Special -- and that maybe this time they're leading off with the special rather than ending the year with one.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I should probably finish this season. I bought it when it started and gave up about 8 episodes in, i just did not like this season. I hope jodie is given better writing to work with next year

Oct 25, 2017
Do we know they filmed a Christmas special though? Since S12 is rumored to be starting on New Year's Day, it could have been a New Year's Special -- and that maybe this time they're leading off with the special rather than ending the year with one.

It could be another NY special, but it's definitely for next year (assuming the rumours are true). It makes sense to bank one now as series 13probably won't air until mid-2021 and it's easier to tack it on to the end of the current production cycle than bring everyone back to shoot an isolated special next year,