• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
Smh at people telling others to skip episodes, just watch the damn thing and decide for yourself if you like them or not
I mean there's better uses of time than watching something mediocre (even rewatching past seasons) and the user is asking if he should skip an entire season, so episode skipping is on the table.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I decided to give 11 a try, and after several episodes I like it well enough. Thanks for the advice though. I can tell I'll have to skip the one about spiders because I am slightly arachnophobic.

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is a pretty off-topic contribution but Sacha Dhawan is in the new Hulu series The Great and it was real pleasure to see him there. I've only watched the first episode, mind, so if the show falls a cliff please don't hold me responsible.

(On-topic I love the idea of the time lords appropriating regeneration from another species, I just wish The Doctor wasn't the one they got it from or that the Doctor now has an unknown past as some kind of 'fixer' for the time lords. The way the episode played out too was just utterly baffling)
Rewatching series 9 lately and I'd forgotten that this whole plot line was built on the Hybrid storyline that Moffat laid down. The head of the sisterhood of Karn literally inferred that he's the hybrid at the time. And the prophecy said the hybrid would stand in the ruins of Gallifrey. There's no better definition for what the time lords did to the Doctor than hybrid.

Which she did.

Axiom

Oct 25, 2017
I would never begrudge people skipping things, because if folks enjoy it they'll go back and watch it anyway.

Series 11, is as mentioned, a little boring but it has good episodes that I wouldn't consider skippable by any stretch. Same with series 12, which I felt was a marked improvement overall that just looks a lot worse in retrospect because it botches the landing so bad - but doesn't make the good episodes bad, you just resent them for getting you excited for something shit.

smashballTaz

Oct 29, 2017
I decided to give 11 a try, and after several episodes I like it well enough. Thanks for the advice though. I can tell I'll have to skip the one about spiders because I am slightly arachnophobic.

Fantastic! I have this weird case where I LOVE Jodie Whittaker as the Doctor, and all the companions are great in their own way, and in the behind the scenes videos you can tell there are all great friends, but the writing in general for the actual show and the dialogue is just... lacking sometimes.

Saying that, there is one episode in season 12 that is fantastic and is one of my very favourites of all of Who.

Even the coronavirus lockdown messages Jodie Whittaker has done in-character seem better written than some of the dialogue in the show:

Last edited:

filkry

Oct 25, 2017
I've been watching Taskmaster and Mel Giedroyc would make a fantastic doctor. Has her name ever come up?