• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
Place your bets:

1. Proper scene with Capaldi showing up to help time lock Gallifrey
2. Captain Jack
3. Romana
How Jack's vortex manipulator ended up in the Black Archive would be quite nice. But I'd love seeing how Capaldi got roped in. I literally thought that was how Capaldi's Doctor was going to find Galifrey, was disappointed it never paid off.

Quick

Oct 25, 2017
Due to a fairly hectic schedule the last couple of years, I haven't had a chance to catch up to Jodi Whitaker's series, only having watched up to Rosa Parks' episode before dropping the show. I'm finally caught up with Series 11, and now jumping into Series 12 (Spyfall Part 1 done).

Series 11 was alright. A lot of positives, but I didn't like how contained the stories were to one episode. The New Years special was also alright -- guess they gotta sneak a Dalek episode somewhere.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Place your bets:

1. Proper scene with Capaldi showing up to help time lock Gallifrey
2. Captain Jack
3. Romana

1 doesn't really fit with how it's described, since it's described as being more in the context of those specially-filmed warmup teasers and cinema behaviour guidelines.

My suggestion: Missy. I could just see her sarcastically ranting about the whole thing. Maybe even throw in a nod to how *she* would have got rid of the timelords...

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
How about Sacha's Master sardonically gloating about how none of this matters and Gallifrey DID eventually fall

M.Bluth

Oct 25, 2017
It's this scene:

twitter.com

Dan Starkey on Twitter

“Yes! Here it is, courtesy of @StevenWMoffat and with the help of @McIntoshNeve, my esteemed colleague Strax entreats you to #SaveTheDay and join us in our viewing of The Day of The Doctor. Today at 7pm GMT, 3pm EST and all around the world! #DoctorWho https://t.co/ljqFWM6QRE”

Most enjoyable Doctor Who since Christmas 2017

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
lol, was Moffat throwing shade in that scene with that bit?
"Frankly the only thing we can be sure of, is that Time Lords are back for good."

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's this scene:

twitter.com

Dan Starkey on Twitter

“Yes! Here it is, courtesy of @StevenWMoffat and with the help of @McIntoshNeve, my esteemed colleague Strax entreats you to #SaveTheDay and join us in our viewing of The Day of The Doctor. Today at 7pm GMT, 3pm EST and all around the world! #DoctorWho https://t.co/ljqFWM6QRE”

Hilarious. I wish Doctor Who was still able to be funny like this.

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
It's this scene:

twitter.com

Dan Starkey on Twitter

Funny but they got my hopes up for something better.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like RTD is following suit in some fashion for the 15th anniversary of Rose:

Doctor Who fans plan Rose rewatch | Radio Times

Russell T Davies promises surprise extra material for the communal fan rewatch of 2005 episode Rose on Thursday, 26th March.

"Surprise Extra Material" might not be the likes of a scene, but we'll see!

(And I do hope I've placed this in the right place this time!)

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
From DoctorWhoTV.co.uk:

60% of fans voted that Timeless Children destroyed canon
Average score was 5.87, ranked as the 15th worst episode of the revival and making Series 12 the lowest ranked series

Regarding ratings: the final ratings numbers fell well behind compared to other recent finales.

S9 Hell Bent: 6.86m
S10 The Doctor Falls: 5.6m
S11 The Battle of Ranskoor Av Kolos: 6.65m (BBC America: 0.5m)
S12 The Timeless Children: 4.69m (BBC America: 0.3m)

Last edited:

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA

🤎

Looks like RTD is following suit in some fashion for the 15th anniversary of Rose:

Doctor Who fans plan Rose rewatch | Radio Times

Russell T Davies promises surprise extra material for the communal fan rewatch of 2005 episode Rose on Thursday, 26th March.

"Surprise Extra Material" might not be the likes of a scene, but we'll see!

(And I do hope I've placed this in the right place this time!)

Looks like they will be releasing a prequel to Rose

Oct 25, 2017
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong here, but I think Chibnall has forgotten about certain stories again.

In his short story about what the 13th Doctor was thinking during her fall to Earth he writes this:

With a bit of luck any injuries would be taken care of by the still fizzing regeneration process. Like those injuries the Doctor had got after he'd crashed through the roof at Naismith manor. Or the hand he'd managed to grow back after the Sycorax had lopped one off. Watch out Doctor, she thought, your personal pronouns are drifting.

Now, again, please correct me if I'm wrong but when Ten fell into the Naismith Manor, he wasnt regenerating at all and there was no regeneration energy to heal him, he just survived somehow, probably from the ceiling window that broke the fall.

I admit its a very small thing to nit pick at, I get that, but it feels like he put that in there to resolve a very minor issue when it was broadcast and has just created another minor issue.

The rest of the short story is great, very 13th Doctor as expected and an enjoyable read.

Link to the short story:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/doctorwho/entries/97411dd5-13e3-45a8-9ed2-dbf97ef85516

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Now, again, please correct me if I'm wrong but when Ten fell into the Naismith Manor, he wasnt regenerating at all and there was no regeneration energy to heal him, he just survived somehow, probably from the ceiling window that broke the fall.
That's right, but he still heals from the cuts and injuries he received from the fall after he goes into the booth and gets blasted with the radiation.

APZonerunner

Features Editor at VG247.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
England
That RTD Time War prose is wonderful, and really nails why I was so disappointed with Day of the Doctor. Just mad, twisted imagery, time travel used to break reality itself in ever-more brutal ways - rather than, you know, Gallifreyan soldiers with space rifles, the doctor flying the TARDIS into Daleks and Daleks killing each other with a misfire. I like that story plenty, but it never matched up to what I envisioned the Time War would be - and it never could've on a TV budget. So reading this is at once so exciting and also kinda brutally crushing.