• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Paradox

Oct 28, 2017
docd6ji1.png

uni2a5k5l.png

timeandspacejak0m.png

Episode 1 - Wednesday, 1st January 2020, 6.55 p.m. on BBC One
Each subsequent episode will air on Sundays on BBC One

uni33cjkd.png

thepast0yjm9.png

Doctor Who is a show about time. It's also a show about space. But it's mainly a show about a thousands-of-years-old alien, known as the Doctor, travelling the universe in her ship called the TARDIS. The Doctor is a Time Lord, and as such has the ability to regenerate and change faces (i.e. hire new lead actors). The current incarnation is the 13th Doctor (or technically the 14th...or 14.5th...) played by Jodie Whittaker, the first time a woman has portrayed the character.

The Doctor is typically accompanied by a number of travelling companions, usually humans. In Series 11 we were introduced to three - Graham O'Brien, Yasmin Khan, and Ryan Sinclair. Together, they explore the universe, fight monsters, and create an endless series of stories that have spanned the 56 years of the show's existence.

uni473koh.png

thefutureuwj1q.png

Episode 1 - Spyfall (Part 1)
Written by Chris Chibnall
Directed by Jamie Magnus Stone
Intelligence agents around the world are under attack from alien forces, so MI6 turn to the only people who can help: the Doctor and friends. As they travel the globe looking for answers, attacks come from all sides. Earth's security rests on the team's shoulders, but where will this planet-threatening conspiracy lead them?

Episode 2 - Spyfall (Part 2)
Directed by Lee Haven Jones
In part two of this epic spy thriller, a terrifying plan to destroy humanity is about to reach fruition. Can the Doctor and her friends escape multiple traps and defeat a deadly alliance?

Episode 3 - Orphan 55
Written by Ed Hime
Directed by Lee Haven Jones
Having decided that everyone could do with a holiday, the Doctor takes Graham, Yasmin, Ryan to a luxury resort for a spot of rest and relaxation. However, they discover the place where they are having a break is hiding a number of deadly secrets. What are the ferocious monsters that are attacking Tranquillity Spa?

Episode 4 - Nikola Tesla's Night of Terror

Written by Nina Metivier
Directed by Nida Manzoor
It is 1903 and on the edge of Niagara Falls, something is wrong at Nikola Tesla's generator plant, where someone - or something - is sabotaging the maverick inventor's work. Has Tesla really received a message from Mars? And where does his great rival Thomas Edison fit into these events? The Doctor and her companions Yaz, Ryan and Graham must join forces with one of history's greatest minds to save both him and planet Earth

Episode 5 - Fugitive of the Judoon
Written by Vinay Patel
Directed by Nida Manzoor
Trigger-happy space police the Judoon are targeting 21st-century Gloucester, so the Doctor, Yaz, Ryan and Graham race back to Earth in order to prevent them doing too much damage to the cathedral city. But who are the Judoon looking for and what did they do to incur their wrath?

Episode 6 - Praxeus
Written by Pete McTighe
Across Peru, Madagascar and Hong Kong, the Doctor and friends face a deadly global threat.
What connects a missing astronaut in the Indian Ocean, birds behaving strangely in Peru and a US naval officer who washes up on a Madagascan beach? The Doctor, Yaz, Ryan and Graham split up to investigate these mysterious events across 21st-century planet Earth, but as the mystery deepens and lives are put at risk, they face a deadly race against time to save humanity.

Episode 7 - Can You Hear Me?
Written by Charlene James
Directed by Emma Sullivan
From ancient Syria, to present day Sheffield, and out into space, something is stalking the Doctor and her friends. As Graham, Yaz and Ryan return home to see friends and family, they find themselves haunted by very different experiences.

Episode 8 - The Haunting of Villa Diodati
Written by Maxine Alderton
Directed by Emma Sullivan

The Doctor and gang arrive at the Villa Diodati, Lake Geneva, in 1816 – on a night that inspired Mary Shelley's Frankenstein. The plan is to spend the evening soaking up the atmos in the presence of some literary greats – but the ghosts are all too real. And the Doctor is forced into a decision of earth-shattering proportions…

Episode 9 - Ascension of the Cybermen
The aftermath of the Great CyberWar. The Doctor and friends arrive in the far future intent on protecting the last of the human race from the deadly Cybermen. But in the face of such a relentless enemy, has the Doctor put her best friends at risk? What terrors lie hiding in the depths of space? And what is Ko Sharmus?

Episode 10 - The Timeless Children
The Cybermen are on the march. The last remaining humans are hunted down. Lies are exposed, truths are revealed, and for the Doctor nothing will ever be the same.

uni55ajmt.png

whor2jy6.png

doctorzwk35.png

djwaqk3k.png

Having moved past the guilt and grumpiness of her recent incarnations, the 13th Doctor is a joyful optimist, seeing the good in both people and the universe at large. She is a Doctor that wears her hearts on her sleeve, and is much more willing to stick around and see out the emotional impact of her adventures than in her previous lives. She adores her self-proclaimed 'fam', and relies on them for emotional support, as well as a grounded, human perception that she might otherwise lack.

graham0ukgc.png

gobwbok8f.png

In Series 11, Graham dealt with the fallout of losing his wife and being dragged into outer space by a time-travelling alien. Graham is the level-head of the team, not always the first to rush in to danger, but always the one to think it through and get to its heart. He dotes on Ryan, his step-grandson, and tries to provide a father figure for him that has often been missing. Graham is the most likely of the team to buck heads with the Doctor, but still remains enthralled by the journey she has taken them on.

yazyckth.png

ykmggukwp.png

Yaz travelled with the Doctor in hopes of finding something more to life. A police officer back home in Sheffield, with a somewhat overbearing family, Yaz seeks adventure, while also in constant discovery of the many perils the universe holds. She is smart, brave, and deeply loyal and, so, clearly has a high admiration for the Doctor and what she represents.

ryanj7jjt.png

rstcm2kji.png

Much like Yaz, Ryan too had reached a rut in his life, and after losing his grandmother, the Doctor presented an opportunity that he couldn't refuse. Somewhat brash and impulsive, Ryan is quick to act, sometimes without considering the consequences. With guidance from his granddad, Graham, as well as the Doctor, Ryan is learning to be the man his father never was.

uni6zpjno.png

watch01kwn.png

Series 12 Trailer 1 -

Series 12 Trailer 2 -

Series 12 Trailer 3 -

Next Episode Trailer -
The Timeless Children

unidgk16.png

spoilersk0j2a.png

A similar spoiler policy to always - once an episode has aired in the UK, or the BBC has officially revealed something, it can be discussed openly in the thread. Theories are fine, but set reports, leaks, overly-analysed CV's etc. should be put into spoiler tags.

Last edited:

Pancho

Avenger
Nov 7, 2017
Sweet, I hope they take a lot more risks and give me some good DW weirdness. I have no problem with the cast at all but last season was way too safe.

BarcaTheGreat

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Man I was so excited about this new Doctor and to be honest, she is awesome. But the writing and too many supporting characters are meh....

wrowa

Oct 25, 2017
Starts with a 2 parter....interesting
I wonder if that's meant to be taken as a reaction to the criticism that the least series' episodes were too self-contained.

Gotta admit, l feel rather down after the lackluster previous series, but I'd love to be surprised by Chibnall.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
I wonder if that's meant to be taken as a reaction to the criticism that the least series' episodes were too self-contained.

Gotta admit, l feel rather down after the lackluster previous series, but I'd love to be surprised by Chibnall.

My favorite Who episodes are self contained and that capaldi season that basically every episode was a 2 parter was very meh so I am kinda traumatized with 2 parter who episodes xD

thecowboypoet

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I like Whittaker a lot as The Doctor but last season was really boring. The fact that it's the same companions and show runner does not have me feeling optimistic.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Quite excited about this, hoping it'll be much better than last season though. Jodie has so much potential to be unlocked, I hope this season will help her do so.

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Great work on the OT!

Hope they learn the lessons from last series- if they can synthesise everything that worked well with a bit more swagger and excitement, we could really have something here.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Really hoping for an improvement this season, Jodie deserves better. But I'm always willing to give this show another chance because it's still Doctor Who.

jimtothehum

Mar 23, 2018
I'm really hoping this season is good, that last season was so bad. Total snorefest.

I really don't find any of the companions very compelling. Might have been better to have Bill hold over for a season and be the bridge to the new Doctor. Could have been a great opportunity for some really weird sexual tension. lol

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
i forgot all about this. i keep thinking it's a special but it's a new series.

surely can't be any worse than last series. i love Jodie as the doctor but series 11 just didn't click for me.

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Still haven't bothered to finish the last season. Hope to hear good responses for the new episodes.

M.Bluth

Oct 25, 2017
I've not watched any of the trailers, going blind.
Hope it's decent, really felt last season was an absolute slog.

Thanks for the OT, OP!

Kraken3dfx

Oct 25, 2017
Denver, CO
Last season was the first I couldn't make it through, but I'll give it another shot. The companions and writing was so bad. Companions are still there, but maybe they can spice them up a little if the narrative is there. We'll see.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
I love The Doctor and Graham. Here's hoping this season is better than last year.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully they find their footing after that last season. I never even finished it because I just lost interest.

AHA-Lambda

Oct 25, 2017
I'd like to say I'm looking for an improvement over last season but tbh at this point I've just lost interest in this show now, which imo has never recovered from the loss of Tennant.

wrowa

Oct 25, 2017
My favorite Who episodes are self contained and that capaldi season that basically every episode was a 2 parter was very meh so I am kinda traumatized with 2 parter who episodes xD
I'm largely indifferent about multi part episodes (a lot of Who stories just don't carry more than a single episode and Chibnall's stories often feel too long as is), but I'd welcome the return of at least a light season long story arc. Doesn't need to be super elaborate, but the last season felt kinda dull to me due to being more or less just a random collection of stories (among other factors).

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
I'd like to say I'm looking for an improvement over last season but tbh at this point I've just lost interest in this show now, which imo has never recovered from the loss of Tennant.
i like Tennant but Smith + Capaldi were brilliant too.

Jodie is great too but just has shitty writing but that was true for Smith/Capaldi too.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I have very little against Jodie or her Doctor in particular but outside of Demons of the Punjab I can't really think of an episode that stuck out to me this past season.

Like every season, even the bad ones, of RTD and Moffat Who had at least two or three standout episodes. S11 was just...okay. All the way through, just okay.

KingWillance

Oct 25, 2017
Echoing love for Jodie and hope that this season does better. Wish Chibs would have let Jaime Mathieson write some episodes after he took over =(

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
I really hope the writing is better this season. I think another season like last and they better start thinking about a new show runner and writing staff or I don't know how long this can last when there is way more competition in the sci fo space now.

JohnnyToonami

Dec 16, 2018
Earth
I enjoyed last season and of course Jodie as The Doctor. Graham and Yaz were good but I think Ryan might be one of the worst companions and I don't know if it's due to the bad writing or bad acting.

WhovianGamer

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I need a huge improvement over last season. The writing was so pedestrian and the run times so bloated that it made a fantastic actress come across poorly. By far the weakest season of NuWho for me.
I don't mind to social justice storylines but they did drag and felt very heavy handed.

WhovianGamer

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I need a huge improvement over last season. The writing was so pedestrian and the run times so bloated that it made a fantastic actress come across poorly. By far the weakest season of NuWho for me.
I don't mind to social justice storylines but they did drag and felt very heavy handed.

Noodle

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Would literally need to triple in quality over the previous season to be worth continuing with. And give her a music theme goddammit!

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I have very little against Jodie or her Doctor in particular but outside of Demons of the Punjab I can't really think of an episode that stuck out to me this past season.

Like every season, even the bad ones, of RTD and Moffat Who had at least two or three standout episodes. S11 was just...okay. All the way through, just okay.

Glad you finally got to watch it! Haha

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Glad you finally got to watch it! Haha

I got a free subscription to YouTube TV for Crisis on Infinite Earths and it came with BBC America. Couldn't possibly have worked out better since I was on vacation all week last week.

I'mma be honest though: I didn't love Rosa as much as a lot of people seemed to. There were bits of brilliance - I think Graham is generally the best part of the show across the board and his suffering at being a part of history that hurt Grace so much was effective as hell - but I couldn't help but get distracted by a bunch of British people doing various levels of believable Alabama accents.

It's even weirder because they're clearly capable of getting American actors on the show (see Chris Noth a few episodes later) so why not just hire an American actress to play Rosa?

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I'm gonna be hopeful that it's better than season 1, even though I didn't hate it.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
For the love of god, please do something with Yaz this season. She had one episode really focused on her, then became pretty much a background character for the other episodes.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Loved last season - Jodie did great and the series felt far more interesting than it had in ages. Excited to see this in theaters next Sunday.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
I should probably finish up the last season. I kind of fell off the wagon midway. Think I got 1 episode past the Rosa Parks episode.

Kschreck

Oct 27, 2017
Pennsylvania
I was a die hard Who fan. Loved series 1-6, liked 7-10, thought series 11 was really weak. 5 and 6 are my personal favorite. The scope of everything, the soundtrack, the whimsical, the writing, etc. Pesk Who for me. 11 felt like a series written just for kids rather then accommodating people of all ages like previous seasons. Don't expect much from 12 either but I'll watch.

Oct 25, 2017
I am ready to be disappointed in Doctor Who for the millionth time.

I absolutely love Jodie in the role. I just hope she gets something of the quality of Midnight or Listen during her run. One or two fantastic episodes I can return to is about all I ask of any Doctor but I'm not sure Chibnall has it in him.

I'm also hoping an arc plot helps this series. While Davies and Moffat had a lot of rough episodes, each series set up larger stakes which carried you through them. Last series was a heap of mediocre and bad episodes which had me questioning why I was bothering.

CD_93

Dec 12, 2017
Lancashire, United Kingdom
No early reviews for this? Even last season had some early reviews. Not a good sign. :(

Den of Geek

Radio Times

Metro

I'm told The Mail on Sunday gave it 5 stars but I'll never be able to personally verify that.

Expect fewer outlets bothering with early reviews, though. Chibnall doesn't want anything at all out there - some previous outlets have been uninvited from screenings like the premiere after revealing too much. In previous years we would know the title of every episode by now with a brief summary (or a complete leak of the first five episodes).

Last edited:

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Those reviews are positive at least. Although I forget how the last season was reviewing at the start.