• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Hey ! Thanks for asking. I'm doing real great all things considered. Medical staff says I'm doing good and I'm having the next check-up in around a month. Slowly recovering from the treatment effects.
Really warms my heart when someone asks about my condition from time to time so thanks again :') .
Love you guys a lot.

Always glad to hear that you're still doing well! Stay strong, bud!

OP
OP
Talal

Talal

Unbreakable
Oct 25, 2017
Very grateful to be part of this community. Thank you for the kind messages everyone <3

Oct 31, 2017
At the last check up they had a reunion and told me it was for the best to wait a little more and see how it goes before going through with it. More than a year without relapse is a good sign. Final decison at the next visit.
I'm still a little lost and stressed the hell out a lot of the time tbh but incredibly grateful for every second.

Sounds great, keep going son ! :)

Hucast

alt account
Banned
Mar 25, 2019
I never seen this thread. Reading the OP and then seeing your reaction on the last page made me relieved. Glad your still here with us brother. Xoxo

SantaC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sorry i havent kept up with thread, but what kind of.miracle treatment did you do for only 8 weeks left to live to remission?

OP
OP
Talal

Talal

Unbreakable
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the kind replies everyone. Was feeling a little down.
Sorry i havent kept up with thread, but what kind of.miracle treatment did you do for only 8 weeks left to live to remission?
Chemo and intense radiotherapy. This type is very aggressive form of cancer but is more responsive than others. Has high chance of relapse tho.

OP
OP
Talal

Talal

Unbreakable
Oct 25, 2017
Hi Era ! It has been a while since I last posted an update. I'm gonna get a check up done next week so there's nothing really new cancer-related but I feel I need to talk to you guys.
The past couple of months have been absurdly rough on me. My father's cirrhosis evolved into pre-cancerous stage. One of the symptoms is varicose veins in his oesophagus among others. This side effect kinda ruined our life recently, on one hand if one pops it's certain death. I don't know how to describe it but the constant fear takes its toll. On the other it put us in a severe financial situation but that's the least we can do. My mom's mental health is doing real bad and she refuses to take any meds too but I do my best to take care of them both.
Health-wise I'm doing...terrible. I think the treatment side effects coupled with stress are responsible. I developped gynecomastia, sebbhoreic dermatitis (?) and worst of all, an illness I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy, the devil's illness like I call it: SHINGLES :D . I'm also panicking a little tbh.

This might not seem like much but I'm really struggling. I shouldn't say this but many times I imagine killing myself or welcoming death. I have been told the chemo can do this to you too. I know that's it's not acceptable so I try to see the positive things and look forward to a brighter future. I also talk about it with friends and it generally goes away. It's been a real challenge since the start but I'm grateful that I suffered and got to do the treatment only after many hardships and thanks to several people on here and outside coming together to help me out. Any other way and I think I would have abandonned. I never feel alone and I will never give up.

Thank you guys for reading and for caring about me. I love and will make sure to keep you updated following the check up. Love you guys a lot <3

Haze

Oct 25, 2017
Detroit, MI
I'm so glad to hear that you're still fighting OP. I can't imagine the type of hardship you're going thru and it may not mean much but I am sincerely rooting for you and your family. You're incredibly strong to have made it this far and I think you can keep trucking.

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I'm sorry to hear about the physical side effects from your chemo. =( Stay strong and keep talking about it! Don't keep that negativity inside to fester.

How About No

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Great Dairy State
Keep fighting Talal, I know you can do it!

490113756483944448.png

squeakywheel

Oct 29, 2017
Hi Era ! It has been a while since I last posted an update. I'm gonna get a check up done next week so there's nothing really new cancer-related but I feel I need to talk to you guys.
The past couple of months have been absurdly rough on me. My father's cirrhosis evolved into pre-cancerous stage. One of the symptoms is varicose veins in his oesophagus among others. This side effect kinda ruined our life recently, on one hand if one pops it's certain death. I don't know how to describe it but the constant fear takes its toll. On the other it put us in a severe financial situation but that's the least we can do. My mom's mental health is doing real bad and she refuses to take any meds too but I do my best to take care of them both.
Health-wise I'm doing...terrible. I think the treatment side effects coupled with stress are responsible. I developped gynecomastia, sebbhoreic dermatitis (?) and worst of all, an illness I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy, the devil's illness like I call it: SHINGLES :D . I'm also panicking a little tbh.

This might not seem like much but I'm really struggling. I shouldn't say this but many times I imagine killing myself or welcoming death. I have been told the chemo can do this to you too. I know that's it's not acceptable so I try to see the positive things and look forward to a brighter future. I also talk about it with friends and it generally goes away. It's been a real challenge since the start but I'm grateful that I suffered and got to do the treatment only after many hardships and thanks to several people on here and outside coming together to help me out. Any other way and I think I would have abandonned. I never feel alone and I will never give up.

Thank you guys for reading and for caring about me. I love and will make sure to keep you updated following the check up. Love you guys a lot <3
I hope those suicidal thoughts go away. Who's gonna take care of your folks and your friends will hate you for being so selfish.
Keep fighting. I myself have undergone a life changing near-death illness recently and the meds have also not been good to my mental well-being. Friends and family have kept my spirits up.
This is my motivation: many people have sacrificed so much to ensure I lived through my illness, I will pay them back by living day by day by getting better so I can be there for them too in the future.
Good luck and take care OP and keep us updated.

OP
OP
Talal

Talal

Unbreakable
Oct 25, 2017
Thank you guys, it really means a lot to me :').
I hope those suicidal thoughts go away. Who's gonna take care of your folks and your friends will hate you for being so selfish.
Keep fighting. I myself have undergone a life changing near-death illness recently and the meds have also not been good to my mental well-being. Friends and family have kept my spirits up.
This is my motivation: many people have sacrificed so much to ensure I lived through my illness, I will pay them back by living day by day by getting better so I can be there for them too in the future.
Thank you for your kind words and for changing the story. I feel the same and I wouldn't have worded my words better. Hope everything will be ok for you too.

Clefargle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Limburg
I'm sorry to hear that OP. But we believe in you! Every time you feel hopeless, take a breath and come talk to us. The people here care about you and will always be here to talk.

Oct 27, 2017
Don't guilt suicidal people.

Djkhaled

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

I'm sorry but what a fucked up horrible thing to say. Don't fucking guilt suicidal people.

OrakioRob

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Me an my wife just went through a very hard moment in our lives where we were out of money, her father was diagnosed with prostate cancer and other stuff. A few months later, we paid our loans and are in a good financial situation, her father is basically cured and the future is looking bright. I'm sure your situation will improve if you stay strong!

By the way, I also have sebbhoreic dermatitis. My wife has sebbhoreic dermatitis. My best friend has sebbhoreic dermatitis. Maybe it's a thing here in Brazil? ^_^ A bit annoying, but you'll get used to it.

Despite all of that, I'm glad the side effects are your biggest problem right now, not cancer. That has to be a good thing, right? You're doing great, man, keep fighting!

OP
OP
Talal

Talal

Unbreakable
Oct 25, 2017
Thank you for the replies everyone. I think not talking about it makes things real worse I feel a lot better since writing that last post.

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Hey man, hadn't check this thread in a looooong time to that update in the title was very uplifting!
I'm sorry for the other rough aspects of your life, but keep fighting and you'll figure them out!

PS: You have the Magician avatar so you'll get past everything with one trick or the other ;=)

OP
OP
Talal

Talal

Unbreakable
Oct 25, 2017
Me an my wife just went through a very hard moment in our lives where we were out of money, her father was diagnosed with prostate cancer and other stuff. A few months later, we paid our loans and are in a good financial situation, her father is basically cured and the future is looking bright. I'm sure your situation will improve if you stay strong!

By the way, I also have sebbhoreic dermatitis. My wife has sebbhoreic dermatitis. My best friend has sebbhoreic dermatitis. Maybe it's a thing here in Brazil? ^_^ A bit annoying, but you'll get used to it.

Despite all of that, I'm glad the side effects are your biggest problem right now, not cancer. That has to be a good thing, right? You're doing great, man, keep fighting!
Yes ! Besides the shingles, these side effects are just annoying really. I always say I got 99 problems but cancer ain't one (I hope).

OP
OP
Talal

Talal

Unbreakable
Oct 25, 2017
Hey man, hadn't check this thread in a looooong time to that update in the title was very uplifting!
I'm sorry for the other rough aspects of your life, but keep fighting and you'll figure them out!

PS: You have the Magician avatar so you'll get past everything with one trick or the other ;=)
075.jpg

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Shingles really sucks, but try to stay positive. You've survived so much already. This too shall pass.

Ferulci

Oct 31, 2017
Sorry to hear this about your family and you. Keep fighting, you are an inspiration to all of us. If we can do anything, let us know.

OP
OP
Talal

Talal

Unbreakable
Oct 25, 2017
You guys are the best. I'm sorry for the negativity, I just needed to vent a little. Thank you for being there for me.

Shadow

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Been with this thread since the first page, I'm glad you're keeping up the fight and doing well! I'm sorry to hear about the current side effects your getting, they can really, really suck.

On a side note, your thread always uplifts my spirits (In general too!) of living with my Crohn's disease. I know yours is on a completely different level, so if you are able to fight THAT, I can fight Crohn's.

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
You guys are the best. I'm sorry for the negativity, I just needed to vent a little. Thank you for being there for me.
Don't apologize! Sometimes you just need to talk to people. We're here for you just like your irl friends are there for you it sounds like, thankfully. It's truly the best just to be able to vent about stuff to people and feel a little boost of reinforcement. I'm glad that you have those people in your life.youll get through this phase, as much as it sucks.

RexNovis

Oct 25, 2017
I had shingles when I was a kid. It was a bizarre case where I contracted both chickenpox and shingles simultaneously. It was horrible. Worst week of my life (outside of the one I spent passing a kidney stone). The worst part was the itchy ness and knowing that you can't scratch. It was mental torture resisting the constant urge to scratch just for that few seconds of reprieve from the infernal itch. Couldn't sleep. Couldn't move for fear of agitating the rash or the pox. Good news is that once you get it supposedly you've got the antibodies for life and you'll never get it again. Or so my doctor told me anyways.So just focus on that. Knowing you'll eventually defeat it forever got me through it.

Best of luck op. You got this. Ain't nothing but a bump in the road to being free and clear.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017

I don't post much on this thread but I love seeing your updates and this thread gives me immense joy. Know that these are flickers in time. You have a long, long life ahead of you. These hard moments will pass. My dad passed away due to cancer a few years ago and needless to say, my life was shattered. It affected my marriage. I couldn't bear it, the thoughts were too heavy. But you have to keep going. There is death and pain in this world, but there is also life and beauty. The weight of negativity will obscure your view but keep in mind that it's a long game, and let hard moments pass. You have already defeated cancer, which is like climbing two mount Everests back to back. It's not worth it to give up after that. Look forward to the rest of your life, even if it is not easy or you don't want to think about it. Start with small things. Which games are you looking forward to play next year? FF7 remake? Cyberpunk?

Hoping the best for you dude and know that there are LOT of people rooting for you, including me, most of all and are in awe of what you have accomplished so far. Keep it up!

OP
OP
Talal

Talal

Unbreakable
Oct 25, 2017
You guys are the best. All your heartfelt and thoughtful replies made my day. I don't know what to say.
I feel a lot better and more optimistic about the next appointment.

CallMeShaft

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Whenever you're getting down and depressed, just remember that out of nearly 50,000 posters here, you're the only one with an "Unbreakable" tag below your name. You are literally the most unbreakable fucker on this entire site; life can't break you down!