• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Talal

Unbreakable
Oct 25, 2017
Just learned this afternoon and still haven't told anyone. They said even if I ever managed to do afford the treatment I only have a 40% of remission and there's no f****** way I can. I'm surprisingly very calm about this, at least the suffering of my parents and myself can come to an end. It's a sick world we live in.
But as an existentialist I can't help but feel like my life has been a failure.

I have so much regrets though: Should have done better at school and finding a job thus affording the treatment. Should have found myself better friends and shouldn't have wasted 2 years with my ex (broke up with me 3 weeks after I discovered the illness). Been waiting for FFXV for 10 years and still haven't played it. Won't live long enough to play FF7R, Death Stranding and a possible new Chrono game. Won't watch the next Scorcese movie and will never see the end of Berserk and HxH.

Had a lot of dreams: making a movie, climbing mount Kilimanjaro, driving a muscle car, watching a Barcelona game in Camp Nou etc.... All those dreams will be lost in time...like tears in the rain....

Era is the only place where I hang out recently, glad to be part of this community. I know it's cliche but live your life to the fullest. Sayonara.

UPDATE :
Since so many people wanted to help, I decided to set up a gogetfunding page.
Here's the link : http://goget.fund/2zzZRJv
Any help welcome. Thank you everyone for the love and support.

MOD POST:
Talal has kindly provided evidence to the mods that supports this heartbreaking story. While our policy ordinarily is to never permit personal fundraising, under these extraordinary circumstances we will allow members to organize themselves if they wish. We cannot supervise or take responsibility for such an effort, but we hope for the best possible outcome.

Talal, I wish you the best. If you need anything, please reach out.

For those having issues with paypal:
i kept getting the error message when i tried to donate with a debit card, but it started working after i put the money in the paypal wallet first and then used that to donate (converted it in dollars as well). so if the others in this thread who have had trouble tried to use their card they might want to try that.

12/29 UPDATE
Just got a call from PayPal and transactions have been stopped because of security issues. They say the only options right now is to get a US bank account (impossible) or wait for the local bank thing (around 20 working days).

12/31 UPDATE
Good news : PayPal issue solved. Also around 2/3 funded. Many thanks to everyone who contributed I won't let you down. Will find a way to transfer funds and start treatment ASAP. Will share pics of starting chemo. Can't wait to go full Heisenberg in the next couple of weeks.

Last edited:

Remark

Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit man, not to be too personal but what type of illness do you have that has doctors saying you only have 8 weeks to live.

I don't really know what to say in these situations but I guess try to make the most of time you have.

Sorry man :(

CSSer

Oct 28, 2017
Fuck man. Hope you spend your last few days surrounded by people you want to spend them with.

DigitalOp

Nov 16, 2017
Bruh, Get the fuck off this site and give yourself the best damn 8 weeks you can dream of.

We love you, we're just miserable folk on the web, I promise you won't miss anything

Im so sorry, but you still have time to make it worth it

Davilmar

Oct 27, 2017
I couldn't even find the right words to express, but you have my deepest and most sincere wishes. Much of your post resonated with me, since I felt my whole life has just been a waste. I always told myself it wouldn't matter if I died or not, but I can't imagine having the situation unexpectedly hitting me in the face like you are going through right now. You are handling this a lot better than a lot of people I knew who passed away, and I hope you will have a lot more than just eight weeks.

Tesseract

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
damn dude, that's heavy. please enjoy the time you have left, and let love guide you toward the light.

OP
OP
Talal

Talal

Unbreakable
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit man, not to be too personal but what type of illness do you have that has doctors saying you only have 8 weeks to live.

I don't really know in these situations but I guess try to make the most of time you have.
It's a lymphoma cancer, it's brutal af but receptive to treatment. Still haven't given up will do my best. Thank you.

iSnack 2.0

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Can you just go and take out a bunch of loans so you can at least do what you want with your remaining time?

ibu

Oct 28, 2017
Oh Talal, that's truly shit. Don't have any regrets though man... take every moment you can for yourself.

Fuck it, here's a big ass hug.

Seahawk64

Oct 27, 2017
Damn fuck man...I don't even know what to say. Just make the remaining days the best of your life.

DigitalOp

Nov 16, 2017
there's no option to get the treatment and go in debt? that's messed up.

Whats the point? You live longer but America makes your life miserable in every way. Talals situation is why America is fucked to the core. Nobody deserves a choice like that.

Im assuming hes American of course, but my point still stands

Oct 27, 2017
Don't worry. No one will live long enough to ever see Berserk end. No even Miura. Don't bother with XV. Just spend all your cash and have a great finale even if you think the road there wasn't great. See you on the other side.

Nemo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
40% chance is not bad...it's worth fighting for atleast. Pool the money in anyway you can to get that treatment. If there's any place to donate I'll help out.

John Dunbar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Whats the point? You live longer but America makes your life miserable in every way. Talals situation is why America is fucked to the core. Nobody deserves a choice like that.

yes, the system is fucked anyway. but surely living in debt is better than not living at all.

Deleted member 18161

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm so sorry :'(

It's unbelievable that people die because they don't have the funds for cancer treatment. I live in the UK and while it's not the greatest treatment available it's free and enough to buy more time in certain cases.

How much would the treatment cost all in?

MIMIC

Dec 18, 2017
Well, not really much I can say since I can't even imagine what you're going through. All I can say is that I'm truly sorry about your diagnosis and I hope that you live out the remainder of your life to the fullest. We all have regrets, but we can only work with what's in front of us. So make the most of it.

Raven117

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I dont even know what to say....Cheers...and try and celebrate the life you have for as long as you can.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

He's not.

Sorry man. Someone made an OT over on hangouts for people who are terminal, but it hasn't seen many posts since the site opened.

You're the one who like RPGs, right?

MotherFan

Oct 27, 2017
Have you tried looking into free clinics? They may be able to help you with your treatment. Look around your area and see what the options are.

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
deepest sympathies OP, I can't imagine what you're going through mentally. You say you feel calm, do you think you just might be in shock?

Hank Hill

Permanently banned for usage of an alt-account.
Oct 25, 2017
Jesus Christ.I'm so sorry to hear that, man.

OP
OP
Talal

Talal

Unbreakable
Oct 25, 2017

Yes, I'm not american and I know the healthcare system there is fucked up as well. But at least you could do try fundraising or something.

I'm so sorry :'(

It's unbelievable that people die because they don't have the funds for cancer treatment. I live in the UK and while it's not the greatest treatment available it's free and enough to buy more time in certain cases.

How much would the treatment cost all in?
Thank you, I would need around 350k MAD so around 37k USD. Will do my best.

JustinBailey

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
40% is better than the 0% you are giving yourself. 40% is almost half. Figure out how to get that treatment.

Macs

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Holy shit, very sorry to hear that OP, but you have to fight as hard as you can!

What can i say? We all have regrets in life, it would be easy to make the better choice if we knew the outcome beforehand, but that's not how life works...so don't feel bad about your bad choices.

Nov 30, 2017
Man if you don't get off this site and start crossing things off your bucket list ASAP...

And fuck the predictions. You can live forever. Mind over matter.

Don't ask me what I would do if I had 8 weeks to live
it involves taking out a BUNCH of bad loans and traveling the world