• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Talal

Talal

Unbreakable
Oct 25, 2017
Hey guys. Thanks to each and every one of you for your support and uplifting messages. I already have enough to start treatment, this is really incredible.
This is an amazing community, I'm very grateful to every one who sent a message, donated or shared the link. I won't disappoint you.
I had a very rough time but this brought me joy and hope. I feel like I've been reborn. I hope I'll beat this, and come out of it as a better human being. Thank you everyone.

jb1234

Very low key
Oct 25, 2017
I would also encourage Talal to post more comments, pictures, videos, whatever on the funding page. Lot of people could see it that aren't checking this thread, coming from twitter or whatever. Old family photos or something taken right now, anything. It sucks to think like a marketer and be kind of calculating given the gravity of your situation, but you kind of have to think like a marketer right now to make this work -- having more stuff on that page will bring in more medical treatment. And then take photos of *that* treatment and post it too. It's a practical necessity to the success of any crowdfunding, including medical. You say you've done some web development jobs. Right now, the treatment is a job, and the crowdfunding is job #2, a web site project if you want to look at it like that.

I agree with this.

Raiden

Nov 6, 2017
Meanwhile, Lore closed the other forum thread because it "doesn't seem to concern a NeoGAF member.".

Thank you so much for trying, Patrick. You've been nothing but helpful in that thread.

What? I just checked there for the first time in weeks and saw the thread even with a new mod his approval. So now that fucktard locked it down because he is too salty?

Im really glad neogaf is a joke now, but even more so that its not a name or brand that makes something great, its literally you guys.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I've been having issues with Paypal since yesterday. Fuck this, I don't get it...

Oct 29, 2017
What? I just checked there for the first time in weeks and saw the thread even with a new mod his approval. So now that fucktard locked it down because he is too salty?

Im really glad neogaf is a joke now, but even more so that its not a name or brand that makes something great, its literally you guys.
"Asgard is not a place, its a people"

OP
OP
Talal

Talal

Unbreakable
Oct 25, 2017
Will be starting treatment ASAP. Thank you gave for giving me and my family hope again !

Any Questions

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Hey guys. Thanks to each and every one of you for your support and uplifting messages. I already have enough to start treatment, this is really incredible.
This is an amazing community, I'm very grateful to every one who sent a message, donated or shared the link. I won't disappoint you.
I had a very rough time but this brought me joy and hope. I feel like I've been reborn. I hope I'll beat this, and come out of it as a better human being. Thank you everyone.

Good luck chap!

Raiden

Nov 6, 2017
User was warned: Please do not encourage "suicide" posts on other forums, even for the best of causes. There are better ways to help.
Oct 27, 2017
I would also encourage Talal to post more comments, pictures, videos, whatever on the funding page. Lot of people could see it that aren't checking this thread, coming from twitter or whatever. Old family photos or something taken right now, anything. It sucks to think like a marketer and be kind of calculating given the gravity of your situation, but you kind of have to think like a marketer right now to make this work -- having more stuff on that page will bring in more medical treatment. And then take photos of *that* treatment and post it too. It's a practical necessity to the success of any crowdfunding, including medical. You say you've done some web development jobs. Right now, the treatment is a job, and the crowdfunding is job #2, a web site project if you want to look at it like that.

You're right but at the same time, Talal has probably more on his mind. He should be there with his family and 100% committed to the treatment itself. He probably needs all the rest he can get, so lets give him that. I think marketing should come from us. One less thing to worry for him. This gave me an idea but i dont have photoshop right now.
How about someone makes resetera tshirts/mugs or something and all profits would go to Talal? with approval from mods of course.

Last edited:

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
Will be starting treatment ASAP. Thank you gave for giving me and my family hope again !

Fuck cancer! Stay strong and never miss a chance to give your body the best chance to win. Don't skip meals, stay positive, tell your family to push you to get better, and don't refuse any support. You need all the help right now.

Dusktildawn48

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
St. Louis
User was warned: Please do not plan "suicide" posts on other forums, even for the best of causes. There are better ways to help.
Yup.

Just made my suicide thread on gaf with a link to Talal his gofundme page. The longer gaf has acces to that link the better, even if its only for 5 minutes.
That's a good idea. I'll do the same later tonight.

Kylarean

Oct 25, 2017
Gig Harbor, WA

Good luck and stay strong. Follow what the doctors say and keep your spirits up throughout the treatment. My son was diagnosed with Stage 4 Osteosarcoma when he was nine and was given a 20% chance of survival. He turns 19 in two days. Cancer is beatable.

Oct 29, 2017
$50 donated. I dont know you OP but wishing you all the best! 40% isnt nothing; Trump had worse odds at winning the election!

Fuchsia

Oct 28, 2017
You're right but at the same time, Talal has probably more on his mind. He should be there with his family and 100% committed to the treatment itself. He probably needs all the rest he can get, so lets give him that. I think marketing should come from us. One less thing to worry for him. This gave me an idea but i dont have photoshop right now.
How about someone makes resetera tshirts/mugs or something and all profits would go to Talal? with approval from mods of course.

This is a great idea! Quoting for more visibility. I would buy some ResetEra merch in support of Talal.

Also, I just donated. I want to give more but I can't swing it right now. Good luck Talal! Keep up the good fight. Cancer is beatable. Don't let it win. Don't lose hope <3

OP
OP
Talal

Talal

Unbreakable
Oct 25, 2017
About paypal alternatives : I really don't know. Even with paypal I'll be having problems. Some years ago I had paypal linked with my VISA card and got paid through it when I did freelance work. But now it seems another bank took the monopoly of Paypal Transactions in Morocco. So to get the funds I need to create an account with them, link it to paypal, wait for deposit etc.... I'm looking for a way to get it fast now so I can hopefully start next Tuesday.
Another way is bitcoin, I dealt with it in the past and was getting paid by selling it through localbitcoins. But it's volatile as people stated before.

FinKL

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Very glad to hear that you'll be starting treatment! Keep up the good fight! Very cool seeing my donation making an impact!

Fady

Oct 28, 2017
UAE
I am so so sorry to hear of your troubles Talal and I wish you a very swift recovery after treatment!!! Please keep us updated and look into microbiotic dieting for a while - it is a very useful and underrated diet to go though when facing cancer. Godspeed bro.

JackDT

Oct 27, 2017
About paypal alternatives : I really don't know. Even with paypal I'll be having problems. Some years ago I had paypal linked with my VISA card and got paid through it when I did freelance work. But now it seems another bank took the monopoly of Paypal Transactions in Morocco. So to get the funds I need to create an account with them, link it to paypal, wait for deposit etc.... I'm looking for a way to get it fast now so I can hopefully start next Tuesday.
Another way is bitcoin, I dealt with it in the past and was getting paid by selling it through localbitcoins. But it's volatile as people stated before.

You can post a bitcoin/litecoin/ethereum address for people who want to do that, and figure it out later how to turn it into local dollars. (Bitcoin takes forever to transfer and has high fees right now, so nobody would really want to make like a 10 dollar donation in bitcoin, but litecoin or ETH would work).

And please post updates, pictures or videos. It's so important for crowdfunding success and it matters most right now.

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
Donated so glad you already got enough to start the treatment! I will be praying for you and I hope you kick cancer's ass!

Joqu

Oct 25, 2017
The Waffle Kingdom
Well paypal is working fine for me on other sites, it's just the one we're using for the crowdfunding that isn't letting my payment go through. With so many people having issues I do feel like it's the site that's acting up for some reason. So that's frustrating.

Is there any other way we could easily get paypal money to Talal without going through that site? One that doesn't involve posting his paypal email address out in the open that is, I imagine that might not be a good idea.

HaNotsri

Usage of alt-account.
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I sent emails to Kotaku, Polygon, Gamespot.
I mean, it should be in their interest with some positive gaming community news?
Maybe it helps if more people send in tips?
Any youtubers/twitch streamers that could give it some visibility?

Beef Supreme

Oct 25, 2017
Donated. My father sadly passed away from leukemia almost 40 years ago now. I would give anything I have, including my life, to spend just 5 minutes with him today. Trust me when I say that there are others in your life that feel the same way. Remember, that they want you to fight as much as you do. Keep your head up and fight this thing. You'll pull through my friend.

OP
OP
Talal

Talal

Unbreakable
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks guys. I don't have a good phone or camera to take pictures now. Might take one if I start the treatment next week and add it to the page.
Also I have a question : how long does it take you guys to transfer money from paypal to your bank account ?

OP
OP
Talal

Talal

Unbreakable
Oct 25, 2017
Also : more than 50% funded in two days ! Thank you for the blood echoes everyone !

Joqu

Oct 25, 2017
The Waffle Kingdom
Thanks guys. I don't have a good phone or camera to take pictures now. Might take one if I start the treatment next week and add it to the page.
Also I have a question : how long does it take you guys to transfer money from paypal to your bank account ?

Well for me it takes about as long as a regular bank transfer here, which takes about 1 to 2 working days for me. Seems a bit hard to predict though, it has been 3 days once. I hope it goes fast for you.

SchrodingerC

Oct 25, 2017
Donated.
As I wrote, I'm sorry for the little amount OP, but now you're a little step closer towards your goal :)

Also congrats on reaching 50%! :D

Last edited:

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Will donate as soon as I get my paycheck. Excellent to hear you will be able to start treatment, I wish you the best of luck in your life.