• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

John Dunbar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i kept getting the error message when i tried to donate with a debit card, but it started working after i put the money in the paypal wallet first and then used that to donate (converted it in dollars as well). so if the others in this thread who have had trouble tried to use their card they might want to try that.

Joqu

Oct 25, 2017
The Waffle Kingdom
i kept getting the error message when i tried to donate with a debit card, but it started working after i put the money in the paypal wallet first and then used that to donate (converted it in dollars as well). so if the others in this thread who have had trouble tried to use their card they might want to try that.

Yup, this worked for me. Thank you!! Please, everyone who had trouble with paypal before do give this a try.

Orin_linwe

Nov 26, 2017
Malmoe, Sweden.
I haven't kept up with the thread, so sorry for that, but is there opportunity for medical tourism to countries that are better equipped for your needs? One poster mentioned that the medical infrastructure in your country is quite poor/limited.

I'm sure you've contemplated it, but perhaps being economically boosted in this way (and attitude-wise, in terms of getting well-wishes from strangers, which does a lot for how you view your options in life) might make it more plausible to try to get to a country that is both open for medical tourism, and has a higher quality of care than the current country you reside in.

I encourage people who are more tuned into contemporary healthcare tourism, what country to aim for, and what the realistic options of mobility would look like for the OP, given his situation, to share what they might know.

Cheers.

danlher

Nov 1, 2017
Who would have said that someone from Chile would make a donation?

But you know what, I just did, and you are going to have to keep fighting because we, from all around the world, have your back.

I'll be really looking forward to your impressions on Death Stranding :D

gosublime

Oct 25, 2017

Worked doing it like this for me as well - hope it all helps.

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Glad to hear your starting treatment. Best of luck, and I really hope you are able to accomplish those great dreams.

Cerium

The Former
Oct 23, 2017
Guys, again, please, stay positive and stay focused. Talal is going to start treatment soon and he'll need all of our good vibes today and into the future. This is not the time or place to vent about other forums; that does nothing to help anyone. If you want to help the best thing you can do is be constructive and spread the word where it'll be welcome.

Marjorine

Oct 27, 2017
Just donated. Wish it could have been more. So happy to see you are starting your treatments! Sending all positive thoughts your way!

Bumrush

Oct 25, 2017

Wait so say this again? You transfer the monies to PayPal FIRST, then do the transaction?

Mondy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Alright OP, we're doing our part, now it's on you to do yours. You have a 40% chance of success but that is still 10% lower than a coin toss. FIGHT, this bastard with every fiber of your being. Stare death in the face and dare it to flinch. We're pulling for you.

echoshifting

very salt heavy
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Negative Zone

Oh this is very helpful, thank you. I will try again tonight.

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I'm glad to see the donations still coming through well, it proves all donations count :)

And who knows, maybe this will have helped many realize just how fragile life can be, to take nothing for granted, and remind us not to forget our loved ones in our daily lives.

plain

Oct 27, 2017
Yup, this worked for me. Thank you!! Please, everyone who had trouble with paypal before do give this a try.

Trying this now but according to PayPal, it will take 5 days to transfer money from my bank account. What?

This is a good enough workaround for us members on Era but Gogetfunding needs to do something about this PayPal situation. I feel people outside this site may not know what to do and may feel discouraged to donate after failing the first time.

echoshifting

very salt heavy
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Negative Zone
It's pretty wonderful that enough money was collected in two days for Talal to begin treatment. I imagine every day counts in this sort of fight.

It is a privilege to be a part of this community.

Joqu

Oct 25, 2017
The Waffle Kingdom
Just chipped in a bit myself. Best of luck Talal.

I'd say that was more than a bit, Cerium. I gotta give you props for that!

Trying this now but according to PayPal, it will take 5 days to transfer money from my bank account. What?

This is a good enough workaround for us members on Era but Gogetfunding needs to do something about this PayPal situation. I feel people outside this site may not know what to do and may feel discouraged to donate after failing the first time.

Oh, that sucks. It let me do it instantly. I think it's because I have linked my bank account to my paypal, and maybe you haven't? :s

Jazzkokehead

Self-requested ban.
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I had a little money in my PayPal account from some freelance work I did a few weeks ago. It's not a huge amount, but I hope it helps all the same. I wish you nothing but the best, dude.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
This thread...

rvKFwxD.gif

You guys are awesome.

Vautrin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man, I was reading the thread on gaf and saw this from evilore: "this story hasn't been vetted properly and doesn't seem to concern a NeoGAF member" so he closed the thread. I never really had a problem with him, but God damn what a piece of shit? Who says that

Mabase

Oct 29, 2017
Donated.
Good luck Talal, we're rooting for you and hope the treatment comes and helps as soon as possible.